Status: I'm Editing this now. It won't change the story line and you can read the sequel. I'm just making it pretty and with no errors.

Don't Go Out in the Woods Tonight...

Sprinkler in the Rain

Have you ever seen a waterfall in the rain before? Odd question, I know, but still... Well that where we're going.

The little stream snakes through the forest and as we follow it, it grows bigger and wider. The water rushes fast and deep, licking over the edge and trying to escape the bank.

It finally grows to a small pond and stretches towards the sky, falling over into the stream that runs along a small cliff.

Oh, a waterfall in a rain storm is like seeing sprinklers on in the rain. Like someone left the water running by mistake. I smirk as we run towards it.

Troy slows down and we crawl over soon rocks, moving nest to the rock face that the water is falling off of. Troy waves for me to follow and then disappears behind the fall.

I guess I should have seen it coming, but it's still neat to go behind the water to find a little cave. I smile and walk towards the back of the cave. I step on a pebble.

For the first time today I trip and start to fall. Troy is on the other side of the cave, and still manages to slide under me and break my fall. I stare up at him, wide-eyed.

"So clumsy." He whispers down to me.

"So annoying." I whisper up at him as I get up.

I stand still and look around. The cave it about ten feet wide, and eight feet tall. It goes back into unknown blackness. Inside is almost pitch black, except for the blind flashes of light from the other side of the water wall.

Outside it's raining harder than before, like the sky couldn't hold back any longer and let loose. But inside... Inside is dry and warm.

Troy and I sit down and lean against the side wall of the cave. I watch the water falling and the count the seconds between the lightning and thunder.

Soon the booming thunder becomes deafening and I cover my ear with my hands. Troy stands up and taps my shoulder. I look up in to the black and see his silhouette as the lightning paints the inside of the cave with light.

I stand up and Troy takes my hand, moving us towards the back of the cave. I drag my feet a little, not wanting to go further away from the entrance than I have to.

A lightning flash splashes light through the cave for a split second. I see that the cave has a bend in it and that Troy is moving us in that generally direction.

I take a few fast steps and clench my free hand onto Troy's arm. I cringe as the thunder booms overhead. It's not as loud in this part of the cave.

"Love, you're cutting off blood flow." Troy says, shaking off my death grip.

"Don't call me that!" I say, smacking him in the arm.

I don't need the light to know that he's smirking.

We round the bend in the cave and the sound of rain gets muffled by the walls of rock. I feel Troy stop and kick at the ground.

Troy sits down and I follow. He had kicked away the rocks, leaving a somewhat comfy cave floor to sit on. As I sit down, I realize that Troys arm is behind me.

It curls around me and I wiggle around till I'm comfortably leaning against Troy. The rain and thunder fade out in this part of the cave, creating a sort of lullaby. I feel my eyelids get heavy and tug down.

I feel the strong arms around me, and Troy leans his chin to rest on my head. I drift into sleep with my arm wrapped around him and his arms around me.

... ... ...

~ + ~ + ~

"HEY! Wake up!"

My eyes snap open and Troy scrambles out from under me. I fall back and catch myself with my hands, scraping them on the caves rocky floor.

My eyes slowly adjust to the light. The morning sun is shining around the corner of the cave, coming in from the other side of the waterfall.

Troy walks around me and I look up at him.

"What was that for?" I grumble up at him.

"You were talking in your sleep," He whispers, reaching out his hand to me, "I didn't want you to embarrass yourself."

"Oh yeah," I say as I take his hand, "'Cause I've never done that before."

Troy smirks and pulls me up. I stumble into his arms and he hugs me tight. I stand shock still then my arms get a mind of their own. I hug him back and awkwardly pat his back, so he know he should definitely let me go.

"See." Troy pulls away a little, " I told you that you were falling for me."

My eyes narrow into a death glare and I push away, smacking him in the arm as I go. Troy smirks bigger and turns to go, rubbing his arm with his hand.

I get a satisfied smile on my face as I follow him into the front to the cave. As I come up behind him, I notice how the water sparkles and make rainbows of all sizes dance around the inside of the cave.

Troy looks back at me, and I notice how the light dashes around his face and eyes. It makes him rather enchanting.

"You ready to walk back?" Troy asks,

"Not really." My whisper rolls out of my throat.

"Good."

Before I have time to react, Troy has picked me up and run out of the cave. Of course, being the mischievous little beast he is, he doesn't exactly do the normal way.

We splash through the waterfall and Troy lets go us me. I hit the water with the grace of a crashing plane and surface out of breath.

Troy's silver-gold eyes sparkle at me. His face is half sunk in the water, with only the top of his head and his eyes showing.

I send a huge death glare at him and start swimming backwards towards the shore. I watch as Troy goes down into the water. My eyes go wide. I turn and swim for dear life to the bank of the pool.

No Luck.

Strong fingers grasp around my ankle and just as I'm about to get to the shallows, I'm get pulled back.

I open my eyes underwater and kick out at the murky shape that I assume would be Troy's hand. I surface and swim up to the shallows

Troy's head bobs up and the way he's glaring at me. He shoots out of the water and hoisted me into his arms and tosses me into the deeper area of the pool. I come the surface and tread water, glaring daggers at Troy.

However Troy being Troy, doesn't even notice my attempt to visually murder him. Instead he kicks off his shoes, removes his pants, and takes off his shirt.

Be still my beating heart I almost drown.

There he is, without a shirt and in only a pair of black boxers. And let me tell you, the sun was not the hottest thing.

A little smirk tugs at the corner of his mouth when he catches me staring. I stick my tongue out at him and Troy rolls his eyes and dives in.

I swim back to the shallow and struggle to get off my own shoes. I stop with my hands on the belt loops of my jeans.

My eyes dart up to see Troy sitting patiently in the shallows with me. His eyes shine silver as they watch me.

FINE!

My wet, slinky jeans fly onto the grass where I throw them. My navy blue shirt hits and sticks in a bush next to the pool. I look down at myself.

Not half bad. Oh, matching red with blues spots, in case you were wondering.

I dive back into the water. Troy comes up behide me and tugs at my ankle again.

After that I go under and tug his arm. When we both come up for air he takes my shoulders and gives me a quick little kiss.

I splash him in the face.

By noon we're both tired of swimming and splashing and goofing off. Our clothes are almost dry, sitting on the rock where we moved them to.

Troy and I lay on the grass as watch clouds. I rest by his left side, and he keeps pointing out clouds for me with his right hand.

"That one?" he asks, pointing to one.

"Poodle eating spaghetti while finger painting." I reply, "Duh."

"Oh, right. I see it now." He speaks in a low whisper, "Not. . . That one?"

His hand moves to point at one further to my left.

"Snake trying on a fur coat and watching TV." I say, looking at it.

"That one." His hand crosses over me.

'Um. . . An elephant reading War and Pea-"

Troy rolls over, and wraps his right arm all the way around me. I stop mid-sentence and stare up at his molten silver eyes. They sparkle down at me, rimmed and flecked with gold.

"I lo--" His voice catches in his throat and he clears it before restarting, "You ready to go home now?" His voice rumbles out of his chest.

I tilt my head to the side and nod once. He nods in turn and stands up. I take his hand that he offers me and pull myself up.

We put on our clothes, seeing as they are dry, and start towards home. I follow close by his side and our fingers intertwine together as a perfect match for each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
AWWW!
love this chapter so much!

~LOVE AMBER~
XD