Status: I'm Editing this now. It won't change the story line and you can read the sequel. I'm just making it pretty and with no errors.

Don't Go Out in the Woods Tonight...

Young People

I look up and see... a sells clerk. I let out a breath and stand. The older man walks away with a smile and mumbles something about 'young people these days.' We lost Lyris.

Troy takes my hand and we walk to the food court. My breath slows down and I can't hear the pulse in my ears anymore by the time we meet up with Mom. Troy's eyes are still molten gold though.

If Lyris even tries to make a move, Troy is going to sooooo kick his butt. And then every other part of him.

After we get our food and are sitting down, I pull my chair right next to Troy. He wraps his arm around my shoulders. I sigh and lean my head against his chest.

Mom rolls her eyes and mumbles the same thing the sell clerk did about 'young people'. Troy smirks and I give a little half-hearted effort at a smile.

"Are you going to tell her?" Troy whispers in my ear, making a shiver go down my spine. I nod.

"Are you going to tell her anytime soon?" He's low voice makes my hair stand on end.

"Mom." I choke out, "I need to tell you something."

She looks up at me and smiles. For a second I think of stalling and giving a fake answer. Troy squeezes my shoulders gently, and I shallow the lump in my throat.

"I saw . . . Lyris." My voice drops to a whisper.

My mom's eyes pop out of their sockets. Then they scan over the whole area, glaring, wishing to see him. Dreading it too. The way her eyes narrow and glare as she turns to me frightens me with their fierceness.

"Shopping trip over." The words are final.

We stuff everything in bags and move to the car in a bee line. Troy gives the building one last glare as we pull out. I look too, and see nothing.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~

"Okay. So what do we do now?"

I sit against Troy's chest while we watch Mom pace in front of the couch back at home. She's been doing that since we came in. I want to call the police, Troy wants a less lawful way to handle things, and my mother seems to be siding more with Troy.

"We'll call the police, I guess, and they can come at 'wait' for that kid." Mom hissed out finally.

I feel Troy let out a deep sigh, like he was waiting for some other answer. Because I was leaning on him I could feel his heart beating with what seemed like hot fury. I sorta hope the police will come, and get to Lyris before Troy does. Somehow, I know that that would end in less... blood.

"What if Kate isn't here?" He asks my mom, his row rumble of a voice shaking out of his chest.

"And where would she- oh. Right." Mom turned on her heels and faced us, an evil little smirk tugging at her lips.

"Shall I help her pack?" Troy asks, a little more light-hearted.

"Pack!? Where am I going!?" I almost scream.

"Come on, I'll tell you on the way." Troy pushes me up and takes my hand, leading me up to my room.

I hear Mom on the phone as I go upstairs. I think it might be with Dad. It's in hushed tones and Troy is talking to me.

"-and when it's ... safe, you'll move back in. Okay?" He finished and looked at me.

"Huh?"

Troy rolls his eyes and starts over. "You are coming to my house, " He spoke in a whisper, ". . .until this is over."

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

I might like to add here that I packed so fast my room now looks like a tornado went through and throw everything in all direction. I'm amazed that I actually got some of my things into the backpack and duffel bag.

I would also like to add that, contrary to popular belief, a girl can fit all she needs into an extremely small suitcase, and carry it herself.

I'm proud of that.

I smirk at my own thought as I zip up the second backpack and sling it over my shoulder.

"Hey! Watch where you're flinging those."

I spin around and see Dad standing behind me, almost hit by the flying backpack. Troy is standing by the door, trying to cover the mischievous smirk tugging his lips.

"Sorry, Pops." I say, letting the backpack slide back onto the bed. "What's up?"

Dad looks nervous, and his body radiates with stress. It's about Troy. Dad darts a look at Troy, confirming my suspensions.

"Honey. I want... I want you to be careful." Dad looks up at me.

I'm struck senseless as I look into his face. Pure and untainted emotions stream in my Dad's eyes. Everything he feels shines dimly from his glazed over face.

I open my mouth to speak and feel a lump swell into my throat, forcing me to choke back my words. I shallow a couple times and embrace my dad in a hug.

"Yes, Dad." I say, the words sticking hard to my tongue, "I'll be careful."

I let Dad go, and he does the same, with some difficulty. I smile again and pick up my backpack. Troy takes my duffle bag that's by the door and leads us down the stairs.

"Oh good, " Mom looks up from biting her nails, "How are you getting there?"

"Um...walk?" I suggest.

"No!""No.""NO!"

I stumble back a bit from the three screams that came in unison from all sides.

"I'll drive you." Mom says, grabbing her car keys and one of the suitcases.

I never expected Mom to become so forceful and purpose driven but I think she would like to drive the car right over Lyris. Back up and then run over him again.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

"Ugh. How much further?" I ask, walking down Troy's driveway, witch has to be like a zillion miles long.

"Look up." Troy whispers in my ear.

"Whoa... That is you're house?"

Troy answers with a little chuckle and a small kiss on the cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
*let's out a breath* that was close. But what's this?? she's staying over??
<_< >_> <_<

~LOVE AMBER~
XD