Status: I'm Editing this now. It won't change the story line and you can read the sequel. I'm just making it pretty and with no errors.

Don't Go Out in the Woods Tonight...

Stay Awake

I get up quick and start running home. My tired legs struggle to keep pace ahead of the advancing darkness. I'm already tired from running out in the middle of nowhere.

The tree root has been waiting for me and hooks around my foot, tripping me. I hear a painful popping sound from my ankle as I fall heavy on my hands.

The pain doesn't set in for about three steps. I cry out as I crumple to the ground, landing on my already scraped hands and knee. I look up at the black sky and shiver, a mix of cold and of fear.

The darkness is not from a rapid sunset, it is from a massive storm cloud. Like a great black animal, it's devouring the woods in seconds.

Hot tears roll down my cheeks, mixing with the first huge rain droplets. I know I have to get home, or risk pneumonia staying out in the woods during a rainstorm.

BOOM

Make that thunderstorm.


I pull myself over to a tree and use it to support my weight as I pull myself to my feet. I manage to hobble a few steps before stepping on a pebble...a stinkin' pebble, of all things! and falling once more.

I roll over, then lay there, letting the cold rain seep into my skin, easing the pain in my ankle, knee and hands. I close my eyes against the rain. My eyes burn from the tears still running down my cheeks.

I understand now, why my father compared the forest to an animal ready to eat us all. I felt it, ever so slightly stealing away my energy, forcing my eyes to remain closed and pulling me into an even greater darkness than the woods around me.

"Hey! Don't you dare fall asleep!"

I pry my tired eyelids open and search the area around me for the source, and find nothing. I close my eyes again scolding myself for hallucinating.

I'm just about sink into black unconsciousness again when arms wrap around me. I push away weakly. But the arms shake me and the voice from before starts yelling at me.

"NO! Stay with me! Don't you dare sleep! Stay with me!" he says, it is a 'he' voice. "Open your eyes. Look at me! Don't fall asleep!"

I try to obey, and try to open my eyes. I feel as the arms lift me and start walking toward my house, at least I think towards my house.

Finally I manage to struggle against the black and open my eyes, just enough to see who it is. I gasp and start to push away harder. His arms tighten around me, refusing to let me fall again.

"Why are you here?" I demand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, i was happily writing this and then i pushed a button by accident and it deleted the WHOLE thing, so i started over, and this chapter it the one you get. i accucally think this one is better than the last one! ;)