Status: I'm Editing this now. It won't change the story line and you can read the sequel. I'm just making it pretty and with no errors.

Don't Go Out in the Woods Tonight...

Eight Day After

The black fades out and I curl tighter into a ball. I am conscious but I don't open my eyes. Instead my surroundings filter to me through sound and smell.

I know where I am, and I know how I got here. So there is no moment of non-recognition. So when I open my eyes I prop myself up on one elbow and spot him.

He is sitting in a large leather recliner. Well, more like lying, since he is curled on his side.

"Good morning." Lyris whispers from his chair. His eyes are closed, but he is awake. I figure he is on his side so that his wings can hang over the side of the recliner.

In responds, I moan and roll over, flopping onto the sheets. From there I bury my head in the pillow and try screaming my head off. Yes, I am having a panic attack. Thank you.

When that's done I sit up in bed and look around. The room isn't huge, but it isn't small or messy. There isn't grand furniture and the walls aren't painted black. The bed doesn't have four posters and the sheets aren't crimson.

Instead... The walls are old wood paneling and the floor has a soft cream-colored carpet. The two windows have heavy dark blue curtains, which are draw back half way to let in a little light. The covers of the queen sized bed match the dark blue, with white sheets under them.

It is a pretty normal room. If it wasn't for the huge winged Fallen angel in the corner I would have gone back to sleep. Well maybe...

Lyris walks over to me and sits on the edge of the bed. I watch him, silently. My body sorta shuts down, only watching and listening but not moving or responding. I will become dead

Lyris looks up at me and I see panic. He reaches out to me and grips my shoulder. His other hand strokes my hair back and away from my eyes.

"Don't say that." He whispers. "I'll make you happy. I'll keep you safe. Don't die."

I turn my glassy eyes to him and blink slowly. My stomach growls and I blink again, the glass coming away from my eyes and I actually look at him.

"I'm hungry." I say.

"Say please, and I'll feed you." Lyris smirks, the panic subsided and smugness taking over.

I look up at him and he leans close to me. His breath, some how cold, brushes across my face, tickling down my collarbones. I shiver and look away, but i still see him smirk.

He waits, not pulling me in or forcing me. My stomach rumbles again, only this time it shakes my whole body.

"No. Get away from me." I say, leaning away from him, "Let me go home."

Lyris releases his hold and pushes me away with a small hush. He sneers at me and walks to the door. He stops and looks at me.

"If you don't cooperate, then you don't get fed." He sneers, "Be good, my little Katherine."

He leaves and i hear bolts slide into locks on the door. I kick the covers off and rush the door. I bang my fist on it and scream at him through the heavy door.

" I AM NOT YOURS!!! I WILL NEVER BE YOURS." I scream.

Suddenly, I lose my steam and sink to the floor. I pull my knees up to my chest. I am still in my clothes from the day before. I wrap my arms around my knees. But I don't cry.

"You are a monster." I whisper...

I know he can hear me.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

That stupid girl. I will never understand her . . . Well, she needs food, so at least I know she will bend there.

I pity her though. Such a strong will and a beautiful mind, gone to waste if she keeps letting her pride get in the way.

We shall see, I suppose, if she can overcome that crippling amount of pride.


~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

Seven Days Later

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

I haven't eaten. I don't have the strength to move any more. So instead I simply lay on the bed, drifting in and out of sleep at my choosing.

Lyris comes in now and again. He would sit on the edge of the bed and say the same thing. Each time I would refuse. However, he had taken up the habit of bringing a glass of water to me when he came. That has been the only thing that keeps me from throwing myself out the window.

I hear the bolt slides open and my eyes try to focus on him. Gently he scoops me into his arms and tucks the glass of water into my hand.

It is empty within seconds.

"Katherine, say please." He whispers to me... "Please, just say it once."

"no." my voice grates across my throat. "let me go home."

I drop the glass, letting it fall from my fingers. Lyris reaches out and snatches it before it hits the sheets. He places it on the bedside table, and then he wraps his arms around my small frame.

"Katherine. Say. Please."

"Go fall off a cliff and make sure you hit the ground." I say, "Make sure you hurt yourself, Beast."

He breathed out, almost a huff. Slowly he put me back down and left the room.

"Monster." I whisper as my body goes back to sleep, dragging my mind with it.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~
Where. Was. SHE?

He can't find her, and it's been a week. He had been is form, healing the wounds for two days. They would still hurt ... like when he moved... or breathed.

His mind hadn't sifted back to human so the forest was quiet... The forest may be a green beast, but he had claws and fangs.

And rage


~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

Next day... Eight days after Lyris got her

The bolt slides out, but I don't look up. Then my nose smells the aroma of food. My body convulses and my stomach arches inside me, forcing me to focus on Lyris.

"I will feed you now." He says. "If..."

He sets the plate down. I feel him pull me into his lap and my eyes focus on him. I narrow my eyes and set my pride in stone.

"Please." My voice not only grates against my throat, it brings up the taste of bile.

Lyris nods, but doesn't smirk; he hasn't won. He simply places the plate on my lap and watches as I eat.

As I eat, Lyris starts to realize that he has what he wants. He has proved that I will bend to him, for him. You haven't won. My spirit is not broken. I am not yours.

"There, there, my little Katherine." He whispers in my ear, the smirk growing and chilling the air. "Now that you have learned to say please, I think you can come out of your room."

He kisses my hair. I almost throw up the food from my empty stomach.
♠ ♠ ♠
TA DA! wow... i love you guys! here is your update, so please don't send your packs of rabid poodles after me. (yes... someone was going to do that)

The banner helped. : 3

and yes , troy is alive, so is kate.

Chapter dedications to:
Bells
Downy646
TearDropsOnWhiteRose