Status: I'm Editing this now. It won't change the story line and you can read the sequel. I'm just making it pretty and with no errors.

Don't Go Out in the Woods Tonight...

Working On It

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

Three days later

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

I wonder what Mom is doing now. I wonder how my dad is handling college. Are my parent's still in their classes? Are they out looking for me? Have they given up... am I dead to them, a lost child? Do they dream of me or am I a nightmare they try to forget?

Are my thoughts eating away at my soul? Perhaps. Is my will so strong that I'm breaking my body? Perhaps. Maybe I should be more like grass. Bending which ever way the wind blows, then standing straight and tall again when the storm has past.

Perhaps I'm doomed to stay here with him. Maybe me and Lyris are fated together and I should just grin and deal with it.

Perhaps I
like my will. Perhaps I like being an oak tree, instead of grass. Even though the oak tree is broken at the end of the storm, it is an oak tree and has and always will be.

It's hard though... to know which storm I'm in. Can I handle this one? Should I bend for this one? Or should I be an oak tree?

... Will I make it this time?


I look out at the garden, a privilege I had been granted two days ago. I spend as much time here as I can. It reminds me of the woods.

Lyris doesn't bother me here. In fact, He doesn't bother me at all. I suppose and assume nothing of him, caring not if he has grown or matured. I don't care if he has feelings for me, if he loves me. It's not my concern.

I want to go home. That's all.

His only demand is for me to eat with him. Some times I do, other time I go without food. Beside the first meal, I have eaten twice. Glasses of water keep my stomach from taking me hostage to my hunger.

My hand goes to my side, as it does when I think of food. My fingers glide over my ribs, counting them easily. My eyes glaze over as I stare at nothing at all. My bare feet trail in the soft dirt, moving my toes in lines and circles, creating patterns of nothing at all.

The metal sound of the glass door sliding open gently breaks the silence. My eyes slowly take focus, shifting without enthusiasm to look at Lyris.

His eyes... they look so sad, like he's in mourning.

He walks to me and sits next to me on the bench. A shiver shoots up my spine and my hands become cold. I turn and look at him, pulling my knee up onto the bench to face him.

"I want to go home." My voice has stopped burning my throat.

"No... I need you here." He whispers, almost like he's not sure anymore.

He leans back, slinging his arms across the back of the bench. I stare at him as he closes his eyes and let's the sun light soak into his face.

I breath out a huff of air and stand up. My feet making soft imprints in the dirt as I walk towards the door.

"I'm sorry."

The words make me stop. All my energy converts into rage. I twist around and march up to Lyris, slapping him across the face. My hand stings and pain shots up my arm. Tears burn in the backs of my eyes.

"You're an idiot. I despise you. I'll lived in fear of you for six years. I've moved consistently. And you think... how dare you think that an apology will fix that. You're a monster and nothing you say will change my mind."

As I had yelled at him, my voice filled with venom. By the end I had lost all steam and tears burn in the backs of my eyes.

My body whirls to leave and manages about three steps before tripping. I fall to the ground and the impact on my knees makes me lose it. I cry.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

Canada.
He was looking in Canada now.
Eleven days.
She had been gone eleven days.

No matter what happened, he would always remember how many days she was gone. He would eternal keep count.


~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

Next Morning

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

It's early. That much I know.Because when I open my eyes, but there isn't any light for me to see anything. I shiver and my eyes gradually adjust to the low light that barely seeps into the window.

Lyris is sleeping in the chair in the corner. He has his wings tucked in, so my mind sees only a sleeping boy, not a beast.

I sit up in bed, looking at him. He rarely sleeps in here. Mostly he stays in his own room across the hall. Lyris shifts in his sleep, arching his back and tensing his muscles. An agonizing sound escapes his lips; he is having a nightmare.

Heavy with sleep, I kick the covers off and walk over to him. I gently touch his shoulder, stirring him from slumber. His eyes are black pools. They look flat but deep at the same time.

"What were you dreaming about?" I ask, still not awake.

The room is silent and for a moment I almost think he didn't hear me. His eyes play off the corners of the room, darting this way ans that, avoiding me. My body runs on auto, and my brain isn't really working. I draw in breath to ask again.

"My Fall." He interrupted me. "I was reliving my Fall."

The answer startles me and I rock back on my heels, away from him. Lyris looks away, shame flooding into his face. After silence fills the room, I stand up and turn towards the door.

"Wait..." his voice is a whisper, a breath.

Because I am sleeping, because my mind is heavy, I stop and turn to him. He is sitting up, his entire being stretches forwards towards me without moving.

My eyes narrow, finial accustom to the lack of light. My brain starts to turn, watching his face. I walk to him and he reaches his hand out to me.

My fingers slide through the air, connecting with his. Within a moment and through fluid movements, I slide into the chair next to him.

He acts like scared child, pulling himself close to me. We curl together and he places his head against my shoulder, closing his eyes. I feel his body shudder like it's shaking off the bad dream.

His body relaxes and mine does as well.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

Later that afternoon

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

No.

In case you are wondering if that changes anything.

I sit at the table for my third meal. Lyris moves around the kitchen making a huge breakfast. Whenever I join him, he piles on his skills and tries to make the best of the best.

He places my plate in front of me and sits opposite of me. His eyes reflect the light and look a little more brown than before.

"I still want to go home." I say before biting into a bagel.

"I know." He whispers "I'm working on it."

My fork drops out of my other hand. My eyes go wide and I look at him. My throat contracts and I shallow hard.

"WhAAT!?"

Lyris just rolls his eyes and continues to eat. That smug little smirk tugs at the corner of his mouth. I glare at him and he just keeps eating.

I pick up my bagel and throw it at him. He moves out of the way easily.

"Well?! I'm I going home or not?" I scream, revived hope clawing at my ribs.

Lyris eyes flash up at me and turn black. They still dance with mischievous, but his face is still. He tilts his head to the side.

"I said I'm working on it." He says calmly. "That means... I'm working on it."

I glare at him and he just goes back to eating. I stand up and swipe my plate off the table. It shatters against the walk and the glass dances on the ground among the bits of untouched food.

Lyris only flicks his eyes up for a second then goes back to eating. I whirl around and leave the room. The glass shakes as I slam the sliding door shut. Stupid door... doesn't make a good slamming sound.

I walk across the garden and sit behind the large oak tree. My knees tuck into my chest and I wrap my arm around them. My head rests on my chin and my eyes burn with unshed tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
... *evil author grin*

I am SO happy with this chapter and next couple chapters. I mean, i had a moment of craziness, and my brain took OFF! it was great! ^_^

The result is a cliff hanger on this chapter and a really great plot to look forward to.

OH.. did everyone get the Oak tree and Grass thing? if you're confused, i would love to explain. : 3 I'm nice like that.

comments are always loved.
I would like to thank the
103 (last time i checked) subscribers
470-something readers
...and since i put this update in on Memorial Day...
Thank you to all the men and women who were or are in the Military. you help keep me safe
... if you want, feel free to ignore that ^-^

~LOVE AMBER~
XD

p.s.
did I tell you I have a new story?

Daemonophobia; The fear of Demons
it needs love. *pout*