Status: I'm Editing this now. It won't change the story line and you can read the sequel. I'm just making it pretty and with no errors.

Don't Go Out in the Woods Tonight...

Long Forgotten

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~
That night
~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

"So you have the bag ready?" Lyris asks me over the dining room table.

When we has awoken this afternoon, the rest of the day had been a tense waiting game. Ghost would occasionally hop up and trot to the back door, scaring both Lyris and I.

I sat with him now, watching him from across the table. His eyes are almost overtaken with dark green, but he looks sad. He has sad eyes.

"Yeah, it's on the stairs." I nod in that direction.

The snow has cleared a bit, and little patches of imperfect grass stick out here and there. I smile as the sun beats down on it.

"Hey... where are we?" I ask, finally caring.

"Um... good question. " He answers sheepishly, ducking his head and avoiding my gaze.

"Lyris. Where. are. we?" I ask again, becoming bold.

"Er... Back at..." He drops his voice to a whisper, "my old house. I'm surprised you missed that."

"You..." I cough, sudden memories flowing through my head. "You added the other room. And the courtyard is new too. I like the koi pond."

He mumbles a thank you and leaves the room. sheesh, way to go, Katie.

Ghost hops up again, racing to the glass back door. His tail lifts over his back and starts beating back and forth.

The glass opens slowly and there he stood. The sight of ghost standing at the door must have made him a little off edge. Ghost padded over to me and that drew Troy's silver eyes to mine.

I burst out of my chair and meet him in a bone crushing hug. Tears well up in my eyes and soak into his shirt.

I cling to him, seeking his warmth. I feel his hands clutch me, the fingers twitching against my skin. Everything that I thought I'd forgot come back to me. His eyes, his heat, even the way the curve of muscles in his shoulder become familiar to me in an instant.

After an eternity we releases each other. We stand together searching the others eyes. I smile and Troy dips his head low to me. A pleasant shiver shakes down my spine as his breath brushes against my face.

The third step from the bottom squeaks, making me turn my attention to the stairs. Lyris stands there, watching with his sad eyes.

A warm hand rests on my shoulder and I turn to look. Troy's gold eyes warm my body instantly. His molten metal glare drills holes into Lyris. Lyris flexes out his wings, stretching them out to their full length.

"Safe travels." He says softly.

Troy laces an arm around me and we walk to the stairs, where I pick up my bag. It's safe to say that the boys are watching each other.

Troy moves me behind him, moving into between Lyris and me. I slide the glass back and

"Wait." I say and turn to Lyris. "Forgiven."

"I will become the mere ashes of a memory long forgotten." His words flow out from a wide smile.

"I hope that you get back." I add, a soft condolence.

He smiles. A real smile. His wings flex and shimmer a little.

I walk out and out the gate with Troy, and don't turn back.
♠ ♠ ♠
i am SO proud of this really short chapter. i know a lot of you were hoping for a really epic battle. Sorry to dissappoint you v_v

BUT ... Troy is back ^-^ *woop chapter 60 happy dance*

~LOVE AMBER~
XD

p.s.
i'm going on a trip soon and i won't be back for a month or so, Please keep the dragons at bay.