Status: I'm Editing this now. It won't change the story line and you can read the sequel. I'm just making it pretty and with no errors.

Don't Go Out in the Woods Tonight...

Second Chances

Time Lapse- One hour
~ + ~ + ~

I sit at the top of the stairs, watching Mother study on the couch and Father talk to Troy in the kitchen. I could only guess at what they are talking about.

I think it may be around the lines of 'if you go one step towards my daughter tonight, I’ll hang you in a tree by your exposed intestines.' But that's only a guess.

"Kate, could you go get one of your father night shirts, please?" Mother asks me, since she sees me on the steps. "Oh, and pants too, dear."

"Mother, does he have to stay?" I half whimper, half whisper down to her. A huge thunder crash shakes the windows and I get my answer. She looks up at me and tilts her head to the side.

"Is he what made you so grumpy this afternoon?" She asks me in a low voice, mindful of Troy in the kitchen. I nod, and stand up to go get the nighty-night shirt and pants.

"Honey," Mother calls to me, her voice still low, “Would you please try to be understanding. Like I told your father, he can't be all bad if he saved you. And you know that people act differently in school than normal. You, of all people, should know that. Kate, you need to get to know someone before you judge them, and you need to accept that people are just that. People. Okay?"

I look down at Mother, nod a little then turn away.

I go get the shirt and pants and go down the hall to the guest room. My mother and father have disappeared into study, flipping pages in law books and clicking through web pages.

This leaves the house to two people, Troy and me. Second chances, Kate. Second chances. I remind my self, and try not to throw the clothes at his head before I walk out and to the kitchen.
♠ ♠ ♠
eek! Troy's spending the night! but this is not your normal slumber party!

:) hee hee

Comments=joy=updates
no comments=depressed=no updates