Status: I'm Editing this now. It won't change the story line and you can read the sequel. I'm just making it pretty and with no errors.

Don't Go Out in the Woods Tonight...

Oddly Familiar

Okay, so my new town really stinks. It's so small there's no bus to go home, so either you walk or your parents come to pick you up.

And where do you think all the students wait for their parents? Yep... all together on the front steps of the school building. Did I mention it is all together?

Troy walks out on a different side of the stairs, but I still feel eyes darting between the two of us. I can't stand it! I turn up my music, letting the whispers fade out and be covered by an awesome guitar solo as I walk down the stairs.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and shield away. My foot misses the step and another colorful word blurts out of my mouth.

I don't carve a groove in the stairs with my face, but only because the person who tapped me made a wild grab to save me.

"Y-y-you okay?" Blake gets out before his sister, Jo, walks over.

"That was... a different way to start the first week of school" She let out a nervous laugh and I only shrug, determined not to let this get to me.

"What did y'all want to talk about?” I ask, "Because I know he didn't come over here to give me a heart attack."

Blake only nods once more, and then scurries off to talk to one of his friends.

"I think he wanted to ask you how you and Troy became girlfriend and boyfriend and then broke up so fast."

My jaw must have hit the ground, it drops so far open. I can only stare at Jo with my eyes wide open, blinking every now and then.

"Hee hee, I guess you two were never a couple then,” She looks down at her shoes,

"NO WAY IN HE---!!!" I shoat back at her, but stop because of the stares. Jo simply backs away, nodding.

I sit down hard, growling under my breath and shove my earphones back in. I stare at the pick up zone, begging to see my ride. It pulls up moments later and I dart towards it.

Thank you Thank you"Thank you," I say to Mother as I slide into the front seat. I buckle my seat belt and wait for her to speed off. She doesn't.

I look at her; she's staring at the one place I wish she wasn't. The place where do i have to say?... where Troy is sitting.

"Hmm... Wait here, okay Kate?" She parks and walks over to the stairs.

"No, it's not okay." I whisper, seeing her talking to Troy. "Please, no. ...NO!!"

I watch in not-so-silent horror as he picks up his bag and starts walking towards the car. I look past him and see every pair of eyes watching as he and my mother slide into the car.

I look at Mother out of the corner of my eye, and then look back to Troy, who is calmly settling into the back seat. Much too calmly for my taste.

"Mother... Why?" I ask, slowly and trying not to yell.

"Katherine. Don't start with me." My mother answers. I look back to Troy, almost wanting to beg for an answer. I might, if I'm not concerned about my dignity, which I am.

I turn back around, and face forward. I close my eyes and sorta' wish I can disappear. I turn my music off; it's just giving me a headache now.

"Sorry I upset you so much.." Troy's low rumble of a voice whispers into my ear.

I whirl around and face him, just as he sinks back into the seat. He lifts an eyebrow at me, like I'm the crazy one, and plugs in his own music.

The whole ride I stare out my window. It's so quiet in the car I can just barely hear Troy's music. The guitar solo sounds oddly familiar.
♠ ♠ ♠
UH OH! Troy is riding in the car.

~Love Amber~
:D