Status: Giving the curcumstances, Mysti and I have agreed that it would be best if I wrote the story from now on. I have decided to start fresh and am in the process of rewriting the whole series now.

As Snow Falls on Desert Sky

Chapter 14: A Moment with Nick

I sat on the steps outside of the arena just staring at the stars. Max had gone back in a little over ten minutes ago, and had tried to get me to go back in with her, but I opted to stay out here. So here I sat, watching the stars as they glittered over head. It was so peaceful. I heard the door open and footsteps come out. I didn’t bother to see who had interrupted me in my peaceful moment, I figured whomever it was would speak in due time.

“Here you are. I’ve been looking all over for you,” he said as he sat on the steps beside me.

“Why were you looking for me?” I asked while turning to look in the eyes of none other than Nick Jonas.

“I don’t know,” he replied while turning to face forward. “I guess I just wanted to check on you, make sure you were alright.”

“Oh well, thanks I guess,” I stated while turning back to the sky. “I would still like to know why though.”

“Excuse me?”

“Why did you come looking for me?”

“I heard what that girl said to you in there, that wasn’t right, so when Max dragged you out. I don’t know, I guess I was worried.”

I looked at him then, catching his eye. “Thanks for worrying about me, Nick. But you really shouldn’t. I’ve learned not to take life too seriously, and I certainly don’t care what Susan says about me. She has about as much influence on my life as the firefly,” I said pointing to a golden light in the middle of the parking lot.

“That’s an interesting way of looking at things.”

“What can I say, it’s who I am,” I said standing up.

“Where are you going?”

“It’s getting late, I ‘bout to get Max so I can take her home, and you should really be getting back to your fan girls in there. You wouldn’t want them to worry now, would you?”

I walked back into the arena, with Nick following behind me, and we went back towards the room where we had left everyone in. When I opened the door, I saw that the groups had changed. It seems, that in Nick’s absence, the fan girls that were surrounding him had veered towards Joe and were earning looks that could kill from Max. Kevin still had the one girl, with the jeans and the blue streak in her hair, attached to his arm.

At the site of Nick, the girls broke away from Joe and ran towards him, pushing me out of the way. I had caught Max’s eye and nodded my head towards the direction outside. She said her good byes to Joe and Kevin and followed me out. We had made it to my car before I heard someone call my name. I turned around and saw Nick running towards us.

“Ri’Kaylah,” Nick said when it made it to my car. “Are you leaving?”

“Yeah, I don’t really like to drive if it’s too late.”

“So huh, what are you doing tomorrow?”

“I don’t know, probably go school shopping.”

“Oh, well, we have another concert tomorrow. It’s our last one. Would you like to come?”

I looked towards max and she had a look of excitement on her face. “Please Rick, please! Can we go?”

“I don’t know.”

“I’ll crack your back.”

“You’ll crack it anyway.”

“Yeah, but this time you don’t even have to ask. You can just tell me to do it.”

“I don’t think so Max,” I said to see how far she was willing to go.

“I promise, you won’t have to hang around Scott for a week.”

A smile appeared on my face at the thought of that. “Make it two and you got yourself a deal.”

“Deal!” she said jumping at the chance.

“Nick,” I said turning to him. “You heard her. We would love to go to the concert tomorrow.”

“Great! Here are the tickets,” he said while handing them to me.

“Thanks. I guess I’ll see you tomorrow,” I said before getting in my car and driving off.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is probably gonna be the last chapter you get from me until Friday the 17th. I'm taking some time off so I can see the Deathnote movie on the 15 or 16.

Also, Mysti asked me to start being nice to you people so I would like thank all of our readers, subcribers, and our one commenter. She aslo asked me to start reminding you to comment after every chapter (I don't really care if do so or not, I just doing this to humor Mysti).