Status: Giving the curcumstances, Mysti and I have agreed that it would be best if I wrote the story from now on. I have decided to start fresh and am in the process of rewriting the whole series now.

As Snow Falls on Desert Sky

Chapter 19: What Are You Still Doing Here?

_____Image

~Ri’Kaylah’s POV~

I was laying on the ground, staring up at the blue sky, wondering how I ended up in this position when a familiar head of curly hair entered my line of vision. Nick Jonas stood over me with his hand held out. I looked at him curiously before taking it and letting him pull me up. Once I was on my own two feet I starred at him. He had a coy smile on his face, like he was embarrassed by something. I was still kinda in a state of shock, but I didn’t last long. As soon as I was able to speak again the first thing out of my mouth was “What are you still doing here?”

“It’s nice to see you too, Ri’Kaylah.”

“I’m sorry. Hi Nick. What are you doing here?”

Nick glanced at me then behind him at the house. I saw Joe and Kevin in the doorway and Tiffany on the porch.

“Maybe you should come inside,” he said cautiously.

I glanced at my watch before sighing. “Okay, I have a few minutes.”

He led the way back to his house. When we passed tiffany she looked at me with a look of pure loathing. I just grinned back at her. I walked through the door and Kevin immediately enclosed me in a hug while Nock closed it leaving Tiffany on the porch. I think he forgot she was there.

“Hey Kevin,” I laughed as he let my go.

“Ri’Kaylah, I hope you’re feeling better since last night.”

“Yeah, that was really weird. I’ve never just passed out like that. I must’ve been really tired last night.”

“Speaking of last night,” Nick said joining the conversation. “What happened after we dropped you off last night? Who was that guy?”

Judging by his questions I think it’s safe to assume that Max didn’t share anything about my home life to these three gentlemen before me. For that, I’m thankful.

“Nothing happened. Last night Sid, my mother’s husband, just yelled until he passed out,” the lie flowing easily from my lips. “Now Nick, you never answered my question.”

“What question is that?”

“What are you still doing here? I thought last night was your last concert.”

“It was,” said a voice coming from out the other room.

I looked to see Max walking into the living, drying of her hands with a paper towel.

“And if you wouldn’t have fallen asleep last night, you would have heard them announce it.”

“Max, what are you doing here?” I asked her.

“I was on my way to your house this morning when I ran into Joe at the store. He invited me over.”

“Oh. That still doesn’t answer my question. Why are you still here?”

“We’re here because we’re taking a little break for the time being,” said Kevin.

“A break from what?” I asked

“A break from everything,” Nick answered.

“Everything. What about the rest of your tour?”

“This was our last tour stop.”

“What about your little TV show. Aren’t you supposed to start production on that soon?”

“We were, but we’re not. We’re going to start when we go back to California.”

“When are you going back to California?”

“Are you trying to get rid of us already?”

“No!” I said defensively. “I was just asking.”

“Well we don’t know when we’re going back,” said Kevin.

“And besides, we kina like it here,” Nick said while slinging his arm over me.

“That’s great cause we don’t want you to go,” Max said walking over to us.

“Speak for yourself,” I mumbled.

“What was that?” someone asked me.

“I said ‘I wish I was an elf’.”

“Um, okay,” Nick said while slyly removing his arm. I laughed at his reaction.

“But seriously though, what are you going to do about school?”

“Mom wants us to continue our home schooling, but I’m trying to get her to let us go to public school.”

“Why on earth would you want to do that?” I asked.

“I don’t know, for the experience.”

“Oh,” I said before we lapsed into a silence.

“Ricky,” Max said getting my attention. “When was the last time you went to work?”

“Last Friday. Why?”

“Oh, just wondering. Wait. What do you mean last Friday?! Today’s Thursday!”

“I know. I was on my way there when I got tackled,” I said while eyeing Nick. I laughed as he began to blush.

“It’s 9:30,” Max said suddenly. I glanced at my watch and saw that she was right.

“Crap!” I exclaimed turning to make my way to the door. I was supposed to be at work thirty minutes ago!

“Where are you going?!” one of the boys called out after me.

“I have to get to work!” I yelled. “But don’t worry; we’ll continue this conversation when I get back.”

I ran towards my car, threw open the door and started the ignition. I peeled out of the driveway with a sickening screeching noise and made my way to my summer job.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, there you go. Ricky found out that who her new neightbors are. Anyway, I, Mysti, wrote this chapter cause obviously Asha was too busy doing something else.Did anyone else hear the news. We got Osama Bin Laden as our 44th President. I dont know about you, but I know this country is gonna go to hell in a handbag with Obama as president.

Asha: WTF?! Did you read that shit Mysti wrote up there. ^ She knows I am an avid Obama supporter and for her to compare him to a terroist? Oh she is so off my friends list. And just so you know, USA was alrady going to hell in a handbag with Bush as pesident. This country couldn't handel four more years of that. I'm glad cause Sarah Palin won't go nowhere nere my White House.