Give It a Chance for Our Love to Start

Once Upon A Dream

"Where are we," I asked, trying to see. It was completely dark. Joe's hand was my only guide. "I can't see anything."

"Relax," Joe's voice came from in front of me in the dark. "I know this place like the back of my hand."

I heard a crash and felt Joe trip in front of me. "Right, the back of your hand," I rolled my eyes. "Come on, seriously. Where are we?"

"You'll see," he said. I could hear the smirk in his voice as we trudged on ahead.

I sighed, just walking. I wondered where we were. I couldn't see anything it was so dark. I decided to just go along with whatever he was planning. Suddenly we stopped, and I felt Joe take his hand away. I sighed, missing his touch already. I heard his feet shuffling away from me. I felt myself starting to panic. "Uh Joe?" There was no answer.

"Are you ready," his voice came through the dark. It sounded further away.

"Um," I said, unsure. "I guess."

"Then Bethany Lions," he said, his voice even further away. "Get ready for the day of your life."

The lights came on and I gasped. I saw Joe standing by a door, smirking at me as I took it in. He had brought me to a recording studio. "Oh my," I sighed. "What—"

"Are we doing here," he asked, still smirking. "Well, we are here to make a demo for your interview with the music school people. Once they hear it, they won't be able to turn you away."

"Joe," I gasped, not believing it. "I can't believe you're doing this for me."

He grinned. "I'm not doing anything," he said. "I brought you here and now the rest is up to you." He walked over to the recording booth, and opened the door to the sound proof room. "Ready rock star?"

I smiled. "Um, I don't know what to do."

He grinned at me, walking over and taking my hand. "I didn't my first time either. But I bet you're a natural." He led me to the room. Inside, he sat me down on a stool in from of a microphone. "Okay Beth, sing your heart out." He started walking away, but stopped, turning back to me. "Oh I almost forgot," he said, picking up a pair of headphones. He put the colossal thing on my head, covering my ears. "Cute," he grinned.

"Shut up," I rolled my eyes, trying to cover my eyes.

He laughed, walking out of the booth and stationing himself in a chair facing me, looking at me through the window. He clicked a button and put a thumbs up, indicating for me to begin.

I gulped. He looked at me through the glass, a confused expression on his face. Clicking another button, I heard his voice echo into the booth. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know what I'm supposed to do," I admitted.

"Sing," he smirked as if it were obvious.

I glared at him. "I got that part. I meant I don't know what to sing."

"Sing anything," he said.

"Like?"

He sighed. "What's the last song you wrote?"

"Um," I said, turning read. The last song was the sog I had come up with the night Joe had left, the night we danced. "Once Upon A Dream," I said quietly.

He grinned. "Okay, so sing that."

"But—"

He cut me off. "Ready."

I sighed, resigned. I leaned forward a bit, closer to the microphone. I started humming the beat that had been engraved into my mind, the tune that had become a custom for me, and the tune I started all my songs with.

"He, he, he, heee, ha, ha, ha, haaa."

---

"Ready," I said.

Bethany sighed, leaning in to the microphone.

"He, he, he, heee, ha, ha, ha, haaa," she hummed.

Gasped, looking at her. It was the tune. The tune stuck in my head every time I went to church, the one that had become imprinted into my brain, the tune I had emailed to Tinsley. But Bethany was humming it. I stared at her as she started singing.

"I know you
I walked with you
Once upon a dream
I know you the gleam in your eyes
Is so familiar a gleam
I know it's true that visions
Are seldom all they seem
But if I know you I know
What you'll do you'll love me
At once the way you did
Once upon a dream
Once upon a time I dreamed
We'd be together in love
Forever once upon a night
I was wishing for a never
A never ending

Once upon a time
Once upon a night
Once upon a wish
Once upon a dream

I know you
I danced with you
Once upon a night
There we wishing this dance
Would last forever all the time
I hope it's true this vision
Is more than what it seems
Cause if dreams come true
I know what we'll do
We'll dance once again
The way we did then
Once upon a dream
Once upon a time
I dreamed we'd be together
In love forever
Once upon a night
I was wishing for a never
A never ending

Once upon a time
Once upon a night
Once upon a a wish
Once upon a dream

Yeah yeah yeah yeeeaahhh

Once upon a night
I was wishing for a never
A never ending
Once upon a time
Once upon a night
Once upon a wish
Once upon a loooooove
Once upon a dream," she finished.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so I had to put this out!
I'm falling even more in love with this story!
Once Upon A Dream is from Sleeping Beauty
But it went with the thing I was trying to do =]
Um... yeah that's about it =]
Comments/feedback please?
Love you guys!