Status: Hiatus

Memories Won't Let Me Cry

Twelve

I heard the screams and looked over to see Memphis was caught in a tug of war between Brian and Cameron. She called for Corie and Matt, but they just laughed at her. Then she yelled for her dad, but he wasn't even outside.

I grinned and kicked off my flip-flops, ignoring Matt's questions of what I was doing, and raced the twenty feet to where they were so that I could help her. Brian saw me coming and started laughing, and Cameron turned to face me just as I threw my body into his, knocking us both off balance. We both tumbled hard to the ground, sand flying everywhere, and I looked up just long enough to see Memphis stumbled to the side only to be caught by Brian.

I hit the ground on my side, but most of my weight landed on Cameron. This would explain why he was groaning beneath me.

I struggled to kneel beside him and whipped off his infamous baseball cap that had the Avenged Sevenfold deathbat stitched into the side.

"You okay there, Rackem?" I asked sweetly and he blinked up at me.

"Lynds…I think you broke my back."

I gasped and pouted down at him. "Are you calling me fat?"

He groaned. "Oh, Jesus. God. Save me from women."

I laughed and stood up so I could give him my hands, helping him stand up. When he did he crushed me in a hug.

"How are you doing, girl?"

"Good." I hugged him back and pulled away to put his hat on my head, positioning it sideways.

"Looks good." Brian commented and I grinned at him.

"Thanks for saving me." Memphis said, giving me a hug before saying in a sing-song voice, "You're my hero."

"Can I have my hat back?" Cameron whined.

Rolling my eyes, I pulled it off my head and placed it back on his.

"There. You big baby."

He narrowed his eyes at me and when I stuck my tongue out at him, I knew I was dead.

"Better run, Lyndsers." Jimmy shouted at me, but he didn’t need to tell me that.

I was already gone.

Cameron chased me down the beach, right until I reached Matt and thrust myself behind him, jumping onto his back and wrapping my arms around his shoulders, my legs around is waist as if he were carrying me on his back.

"What are you doing to my girlfriend, Rackem?" Matt growled playfully, gripping my knees.

Cameron sighed and shook his head before pointing his finger at me and giving me an evil glare. "You're going to pay for that, Lyndsey."

I smiled innocently at him and then he walked away, leaving me free to jump down and stand in front of Matt.

He was smiling secretively down at me.

"What?"

"Nothing." He shook his head. "I just love you."

My heart melted and I hugged him.

"I love you too, Matt." I whispered. "You have no idea."

He held me tight around the waist, pressing small kisses to the side of my neck before I pulled away and kissed him myself.

"Okay, lovebrids, that's enough." Memphis called before she took my arm and pulled me away.

"Mems, what the hell?" Matt growled.

"We're going shopping." She announced, dragging me away. "We'll bring her back, I promise, brother."

I smiled at Matt and blew him a kiss before turning to follow Memphis and Corie back to the house.

I was glad we were going shopping.

I was in desperate need of some new shoes.