Status: Hiatus

Memories Won't Let Me Cry

Three

Nerves where something the human body could've easily functioned without....right? I mean without nerves you'd never have to worry about getting nervous! C'mon the perfect solution was to not place them in our body...way to go there God!

As I sat on a bench outside of the Huntington Beach airport I couldn't help but be nervous. I was back home...which wasn't all that bad but...it still wasn't all that good.

For one I hadn't told my parents I was home or the reason why I was home. I knew that I would have to eventually and even though I kind of knew they would understand...I was still nervous. I had always been the perfect daughter to a certain point...I didn't want my parents to get disappointed in me!

And B...I didn't know where I was gonna stay. Yes I had money that the Army had given me for all the years I'd been enlisted. But did I really want to buy a house in my hometown? Yes it was a beautiful place to live and grow up...but...I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend the rest of my life here.

Lastly, I was still confused as to why Brian wanted to talk to me after all these years. The last time we had spoken to each other it ended in us fighting, both crying because of me leaving. I knew it had hurt him to let me join the Army but it hurt me to leave him behind and to have him break my heart by breaking up with me. That's what turned me against him for all these years.

As I sat there taking in my surroundings I noticed some things hadn't changed! The men around here still eyed the females as if they where a piece of meat! I was having that problem! Two guys where sitting on a near by bench and had been eyeing me up since I sat down. Men where dogs...every female should know that! The only man a girl can depend on is her Daddy! And sometimes that was slim and far between!

I began to grow impatient and started searching for a clock and saw one in the distance. Squinting slightly, I saw that it read 7:45pm! Were the fuck was Corie? She said she would pick me up! What had happened? The guys probably told her to just leave me stranded and from the looks of it she was.

I sighed and stood picking up my bag and walked to the curb. I flagged a cab and blew a sigh of relief when one pulled up in front of me quickly. Back in the day I would've been standing here for hours trying to get a cab to fucking stop! I opened the back door on the cab and tossed my bag inside and climbed in, shutting the door once I was inside. Giving the only address I remembered which belonged to my parents, and slumping down slightly in the seat as the cab began to pull off.

Just as the cab was about to turn onto the road, it was cut off by a rather large black SUV that swerved up to the curb. I watched with narrowed eyes as the driver door flew open and a rather muscular guy hopped out looking around. I never moved as I watched in awe as that man turned out to be my brother Matt. He was looking around franticly almost as if he had lost someone important. I was even more surprised when the back door and passenger door of the SUV opened and Brian, Corie and a mystery brunette stepped out with Matt to look around.

I just watched them as the cab pulled out, heading toward the address I had given the driver. I just couldn't jump out and walk up to them acting as if nothing had happened. Matt and Brian had hurt me deeply back then when they practically disowned me! Corie was the only one I cared about and I knew she was probably worried sick about me! I would call her later and let her know I was ok...that was if they didn't pull up behind the cab and my parents house.

The whole ride to my parents, memories kept running through my head from what had occurred back in the day! I knew it was said once that forgiveness is the key to happiness! Well I said fuck that! I'm not saying that at one time I wont forgive them...but right now I cant see it happening!

I smiled as the cab drove down my old street. So many good times where had on this street. The park was only a mile away from where my house was so at night we would all meet up there and just get shit faced and have fun. People always wondered why my brother's friends loved me so much, but it was because I was easy to talk to at one point. My personality was so laid back...and since joining the Army I had lost that.

I paid the driver and grabbed my bag, steeping out onto my parents lawn smiling as I looked at my childhood home. I closed the cab door and sighed as it pulled off. I was now home...an ex US Army Soldier! How would my parents react? Hopefully they would be fine with it.

I took a deep breath and slowly walked toward the front door only to see it swing open and my mom running at me at full speed. I chuckled and dropped my bag as my mom made it to me and engulfed me into a bear hug. I happily returned it! I always loved my mom because she was always awesome. I was never afraid to come to her with anything...the same went for my father. They where the most amazing parents and growing up we knew that!

"Oh honey...you are so beautiful!" mom replied as she tightened her grip on me.

"And you haven't changed mom!" I replied with a small chuckle.

"Let me look at you!" she replied as she stepped back and looked at me.

My mom had always been very beautiful and I always looked up to her. She had the cutest dimples in the world that she only passed on to Matt which at a time I was so jealous of! I was blessed with her natural blonde hair and her blue eyes. Matt and Travis held some of her features but they looked more like dad then I!

"I'm so glad to have you back safe!" she replied with tears in her eyes.

"It's good to be home!" I whispered with a warm smile.

"There's my little girl!" I heard my dad reply from behind mom.

I looked and instantly felt tears brim my eyes. I was always close to my dad because he was awesome. He spoiled me and my brothers rotten because he hadn't been able to be spoiled when he was younger!

"Daddy," I replied as I ran into his arms.

"Kid," he whispered as he held tightly to me.

I was nicknamed Kid by my grandfather before he passed away and it kinda stuck with me while I grew up. My dad, Travis and Matt always called me Kid because they knew they could get away with it and it reminded me of my Grampie!

"There is no way on earth I am letting you go back over sea's kid!" he whispered as he swung me from side to side.

I sniffled because I knew I would have to tell him eventually and that would kill me more than anything! As my tears fell from my eyes I heard some doors shut that sounded like that of a vehicle. I pulled back from dad and smiled up at him.

"I missed you daddy!" I replied.

"Kid you have no idea!" he smiled as he whipped my cheeks dry from my tears.

I nodded and turned as I heard my mom talking casually with someone. I smirked as my eyes fell on those who I thought where my friends. My brother, Matt, stood beside my mom, his arm draped over her shoulders as he looked toward me. His sunglasses hiding his eyes that would show me what he was thinking or feeling. He held the hand of the mystery brunette I had saw at the airport with him, Corie, and Brian.

That's when I saw him...Brian. He stood beside Jimmy with his hands stuffed in his pockets looking at me with sorrowful eyes. I smirked and looked up at my dad who looked at them and then down at me.

"Don't run from them Mems!" he whispered.
"Dad you do remember what happened between us right?" I asked.

"But I also remember me saying I would pick your toned ass up from the airport and we searched that fucking place over 6 times!" I heard Corie reply from behind me.

"Well you where late!" I replied and turned to face her.

"Bullshit!" she replied with a smile.

"Never!" I replied back as she engulfed me in a hug.

It felt so good to be back in my best friends arms. She was the only one who I counted on all these years! She was like my sister and she seemed to be the only true friend I had.

"Why did you bring them?" I whispered.

"They wanted to see you Mems!" she replied as she pulled back.

"So they can poke fun at me?" I asked.

"I didn't say anything yet!" she replied and looked at my dad then back at me. "Have you?" she whispered.

"No...I'm working up to that part!" I whispered and sighed.

"Kid?" I heard Matt reply as he walked up beside Corie.

"Only people I love get to call me that!" I countered looking at him.

"Memphis!" Mom called out.

"What? I'm surprised they even know who I am!" I replied meanly.

"People do make mistakes Memphis!" Matt replied softly.

"Whatever!" I replied and turned walking past dad toward the house.

"Mems!" I heard Brian call out.

"GO THE FUCK AWAY..." I shouted and walked into the house slamming the door.

I leaned back against the door and let out a breath as I heard my dad talking to them outside.

"Just give her time ok guys? She'll be back to her old self!" dad replied.

"She fucking hates us dad!" Matt replied.

"Well...we can always kidnap her!" Corie replied.

"She looks as if she can take us all!" Jimmy replied.

"It's worth a shot!" Mom replied.

Great…what a homecoming this would turn out to be!