Status: Hiatus

Memories Won't Let Me Cry

Thirty-Seven

Waking up with strong, loving arms around me was something that I would never get tired of.

Blinking my tired and puffy eyes open, I stared blearily at the wall, mentally debating whether I should get up or not. I heard loud laughter from downstairs and wanted to go see what was going on. But when my stomach flipped a little, making me feel suddenly sick, I squeezed my eyes shut and held my breath. Though I couldn't help but smile a little, now knowing why I was so sick.

The smile disappeared when the sickness got worse, and I slowly rolled over onto my other side to press my face into Matt's chest, hoping that holding on to him would be enough to keep me from running to the washroom.

Matt stirred and tightened his arms around my waist, pulling me closer and pressing his lips against my forehead.

"Morning, baby," He mumbled, his raspy voice gruff with sleep, and probably from his hangover.

"Good morning," I returned, forcing myself to sound cheerful. "I didn't wake you up, did I?"

"No, our jackass friends downstairs did that," He grumbled and I chuckled, pulling myself up so that I could face him.

"Feeling a little rough this morning, Mattie?" I teased, lightly running my fingers through his short hair.

A ghost of a smile passed his lips before he murmured, "I'm feeling better, looking at you."

Rolling my eyes at his cheesiness, I slid my hands around his neck, linking them behind his neck.

"You feeling okay?" He asked, his eyes flicking around my face before settling on my eyes.

I nodded with a smile, and this wasn't a lie; the sickness had passed, though only momentarily.

He smiled and leaned forward to kiss me, pressing his lips to mine as he slid his hands beneath the edge of my tank top to run his fingers and palms up my bare back and sides. He was deepening the kiss, sliding his tongue along my bottom lip when the bedroom door flew open, hitting the opposite wall and making me jump, startled.

"Oh, look at you two," Jimmy practically giggled.

"What the fuck, dude?" Matt growled, rolling over onto his back to throw a glare at his drummer.

Jimmy blinked innocently. "What? Oh, as if you don't get laid enough, Shads," He laughed.

"That's not the point," Matt sighed before barking, "What do you want?"

"Come downstairs," Jimmy ordered, throwing a wink at me before he sauntered out of the room, ruffling his own very messy hair. "The guys want to talk outside."

I laughed quietly as I listened to Matt's grumbles, before he flashed a smile at me, rolled over to kiss me and got out of bed, walking to the washroom. He came out moments later, looking bright eyed and started changing his clothes. I took this opportunity to jump in the washroom myself, cleaning up and throwing my hair up into a high, messy bun before I went out to get dressed myself, finding the bedroom empty. I grabbed my jean shorts and a white tank top, throwing my dark green hoodie on overtop and leaving it unzipped.

I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and made my way out of the cabin, planning on going to the other one to see what Memphis was up to. I passed Josceline, Corie and Katie, all sitting on the lawn chairs while the guys stood a few feet away, in a small circle and laughing loudly at something. I didn't know what they were talking about, and noticed vaguely that Johnny was missing.

"Where are you off to?" Brian asked, catching me walking by.

"To bug Memphis," I said sweetly.

He smirked at me. "Oh, she's probably still sleeping. You know, being tired from last night and all."

I made a disgusted face and kept on going, catching him walking to the main cabin out of the corner of my eye.

What a pervert, he was.

Opening the door to the cabin, I ran inside and dashed to the stairs, taking them two at a time. I reached the landing just as Memphis popped out of the room she had been in, smiling tiredly at me.

"You know, running up the stairs like that is dangerous when you're pregnant," She said to me and I rolled my eyes, even though I had temporarily forgotten.

"Where's the little princess?" I asked, following her into her room as she finished getting dressed.

"Maddison's still sleeping," Mems said with a small, motherly smile.

"She's so cute," I said with a sigh, perching myself on the very edge of the bed.

"She is," She chuckled, pulling her hair into a low, loose ponytail before joining me on the bed. "When are you going to tell Matt?"

"I don't know," I sighed, my hand instinctively going to my belly, which was slowly beginning to round out. "But I have to do it soon, because he'll either figure it out on his own or think I'm getting fat."

She laughed and was about to speak, but a I suddenly remembered something and stammered, "Shit, we left the tests-"

"Don't worry," She said, patting my shoulder. "I moved them last night after Brian passed out, the bag's behind the cabin with all the other trash."

Sighing in relief, I got up and went to the window, able to look almost directly down at the guys as they talked. I pushed the window open and leaned on the ledge, watching Matt as he laughed, Jimmy's arm around his shoulders as he spoke quite animatedly about something or other while Zacky watched on in confusion. I could hear what they were saying, but didn't really pay attention; I was never one for eavesdropping.

"They are something else, huh?" Mems murmured, joining me and leaning her elbows on the sill, just like I was.

"They are," I chuckled with a small nod.

"You should tell him tonight," She suggested, nudging her shoulder into mine. "Tell him before we all have to go back to Huntington."

"I know. I want to, but-"

"Pregnant!"

Eyes widening, we both turned to see Brian running out of the main cabin, seemingly frantic as he shrieked it again and again, holding his arm in the air as he ran towards the guys, holding something white, that looked an awful lot like...

"Please tell me he doesn't have..." I murmured, my question trailing off.

"Oh, fuck," Memphis hissed. "It must have fallen out of the bag or something. Oh, Jesus, this is not good."

"Pregnant, guys," Brian huffed, finally reaching them and breathing heavily.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Zacky laughed.

"You really need to stop smoking, idiot," Matt said with a shake of his head.

Jimmy was laughing hilariously and finally teased, "You're pregnant, dude? Wow, congratulations. How are you going to get the little demon out of you, eh?"

"Not me," Brian snapped, shoving the test stick into Jimmy's face. "It's positive."

Jimmy made a disgusted face and shoved Brian's hand out of his face, saying, "Dude, gross, someone peed on that thing."

"How do you know it's positive?" Zacky asked, turning Brian's hand around to look at it.

"Doesn't pink always mean positive?" Brian asked with a blank face.

"I thought a little blue line meant positive," Jimmy said with a thoughtful face.

Zacky was shaking his head. "No, I think the pink-"

"Jesus fucking Christ, you guys, who cares what color means what," Matt groaned. "Who's
is it?"

"I don't know," Brian sighed, still holding the stick. "But it can't be Memphis' because she's in this cabin, not the main one."

"Yeah, Josceline and I are in that one, too," Jimmy said, sounding almost relieved before he shook his head at Matt and Zacky. "People, it's called birth control."

"Not one hundred percent accurate, asshole-" Zacky was arguing, and Matt started speaking over him, trying to get the conversation back to what was important.

"Oh, shit," I whispered, my heart pounding. "This is not good."

Johnny was walking over then, and he was laughing when he asked, "Guys, want to know what I just found?"

"What?" The four snapped all at once and Johnny stopped in his tracks, looking shocked.

"Easy," He said warily. "But I was just taking the trash out, and there's a bag full of pregnancy tests. There are like...twelve of them...and I see you have one in your hand," Johnny clapped Brian on the shoulder and grinned. "Something you need to share, Gates?"

"Fuck," Mems and I said together, a little louder than we intended, and immediately grabbed the attention of five very startled, and very confused guys.

Eyes wide, feeling like a deer caught in the headlights, I turned to gape at Memphis, and she looked at me with the same expression that I must have had. We looked down just in time to see Brian and Matt running to the cabin's entrance. I was frozen, and it wasn't until the front door opened and slammed shut and I heard them shouting our names that I was able, lurching away from the window and running to the bedroom door.

Memphis got my idea and ran ahead of me, basically leaping over the bed and slamming the door closed at the same time that we heard them hitting the stairs, pounding up them.

She leaned against it after throwing the lock, and stared at me as I stood in the
middle of the room, hands pressed to my head and feeling ready to cry.

What were we going to do?

What was I going to do?

Talk about letting the cat out of the bag.