Eyes Open

Chapter 6

I had told her everything and watched as mixed emotions played on her face. She looked confused at first but finally accepted it. She knew how much I hated the way I was. Then she did something I never would expect. She laughed. She exploded into giggles.

“Now you can get back at them idiots!” She chuckled.
“What?”
“You know, mess with their minds.”
“Oh, I don't know.”
“You can get them back for all the horrible things they have done.”

She flashed a grin and linked my arm with hers. We reached the end of the road and carefully crossed. In the distance a large group sat on the grass.

I gulped. ‘What would happen if they knew I was lying?’ I thought. I tried to pluck up some courage and kept walking, well more like dragged with Kayley’s death grip on my arm.

Word had spread about my incident and mostly everyone knew about it. Kirsty definitely would. She knew everything about everyone and made sure everyone else did. She would gossip and spread it like wildfire even if it was about her closest friends.

“Hey!” She shouted over, when she spotted us. A false look of joy masked her true feelings.

I forced myself to wave back. This would be a long day. Kayley dragged me over and we sat down next to Kirsty. Kirsty quickly introduced herself and everyone in a condescending manner. She tried to make out that we had been ‘great friends’. As if.

“Oh and Sarah too, she might join us later but she’s too busy shagging anyone that will give her alcohol.” Kirsty added and the rest of the group burst out laughing. Kirsty sent Jay to get some alcohol; he looked the oldest. We kept talking, Kirsty made sure she was the one to give out the vital gossip of the week.

Just then Jay came back and with Sarah. This was my chance. Sarah smiled brightly and sat down beside me. Kirsty smiled at her and hugged her.

“Don’t mind me, so what’s been happening?” Sarah asked the group.
“Oh Kirsty was just telling us about some slag called Sarah.” I said innocently.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay I need to update and needed to cause a confrontation in Cassie's life.
It is not the best piece of writing I have done but later I will go back to this story and re-do the chapters to make them the best they can be.

Comments please.