Something Better

Chapter 11-Part 2

Image

We were in the Jonas’ driveway, just sitting there, doing nothing. Neither one of us had the courage to get out. Kristen didn’t want to get out for the fear of how Kevin might react when she tells him she’s pregnant. I didn’t want to get out for the fear of what Joe’s going to be doing. His car is in the driveway, (He finally got his license.) but since he’s practically never home, I don’t know how he’s going to react to me.

I know, I know, that’s not a good enough reason to not want to see your boyfriend. But hey! If you were in my situation, what would you do? Exactly.

I finally break the ten minute silence were sitting in. Without looking at Kristen, I said, “Kristen, I know neither of us wants to go inside, but unfortunately things don’t happen magically.” I turned to look at her.

Kristen suddenly straightened up in her seat and had a determined look on her face. “You’re right. I’m just going to have to suck it up and be brave. Kevin deserves to know.” She looked over at me.

I smiled weakly. At least one of us is being strong.

We both got out and calmly went over to their door. Well, Kristen did. I was regretting every step I took towards their house. We arrived on their doorstep and Kristen confidently rung the doorbell.

Nick answered the door with a smile on his face. Looking extremely cute, if I might add.

HOLY SHIT WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?! Wow… that was just so random. I swear that was completely innocent. I didn’t mean that at all. Did I?

“Oh, hello Kristen. Hey Alyssa. How are you guys doing?”

Kristen answered for me, since I couldn’t speak from all that bad thoughts running through my head. Seriously. Who would be able to speak?

“I’m doing great. Today is a great day! Actually, I’m here to see Kevin. Is he around?” Nick moved to the side so we could enter. Although, I really wouldn’t mind colliding with him…

OH FUCK! THERE I GO AGAIN!

“Yeah, he’s upstairs in his room.” Nick said, then closed the door.

“Okay, thanks.” With a smile plastered on her face, Kristen headed upstairs without hesitation. Lucky. Maybe if I talk with Joe, I’ll get the sense knocked back into my head. I turned towards Nick to ask where Joe was, and he was like, right there. I didn’t realize how close we were until those thoughts started running through my head again.

Nick gave me a concerned look. “Alyssa, are you okay?” His face got even closer to mine. I’m pretty sure he has no idea what he’s doing to me.

“U-um… yeah, I’m fine. Um…” I started looking around, then back towards Nick. “Is Joe here?”

Worry overcame his face as he scratched the back of his neck. “No, not really.”

“But his car is in the driveway.” I pointed out.

“Yeah, um…” Nick looked everywhere except at me. “Someone came and picked him up.” He finally looked at me, waiting for a reply.

That information was all I needed to have a complete breakdown.

Nick’s P.O.V.

I didn’t know what to tell her. What should I tell her? ‘Oh, Alyssa, Joe is out with one of the cruise ship members to discuss the surprise he’s setting up for you.’ Yeah, that’ll work perfect and Joe will kill me. Great!

Alyssa’s eyes started to water as she looked at the floor. Oh God, please don’t tell me she’s crying.

Sure enough, I saw a few tears escape her eyes and land on the floor. Then her shoulders started to shake. She was silently crying. Oh, man.

I quickly pulled her into my arms and held her tightly. Wow, I can’t remember the last time I held her like this. Probably a few years ago, when we were dating.

I rubbed her back and kept repeating, “Shhh…” very quietly in her ear. I felt my shirt starting to get damp, but I didn’t really care. At this point, Alyssa just needed someone to comfort her. And I was willing to be there for her.

Once she started to calm down a little, I brought her into the kitchen and sat her down on a stool at the island. I sat next to her on her right and kept my hand on her back, rubbing it soothingly.

We just sat there in silence for a few minutes. The only sound was my hand rubbing her back. All I could do was stare at her. Seeing how beautiful she was even though her eyes were red and puffy and her cheeks were tear-stained. Seeing how beautiful she looked with something growing inside of her. I can’t help but feel jealous of Joe. He gets to have a kid and I don’t. I know I’m still young and everything. I mean, I’m only 18, but it still would have been nice to experience being a father. That would’ve made me so happy.

I saw her eyeing the open bag or Doritos on the island counter. I tried hard not to laugh, but a smile did creep up my face.

“Do you want some?” I slowly moved the bag towards her with my free hand. I stopped rubbing her back but kept my hand there.

“You read my mind.” A weak smile appeared on her lips as she reached for the bag. I don’t really know how the bag was left there. Maybe Frankie forgot to put it away.

I took my hand off her back and rested my chin in the palm of my other hand, just watching Alyssa stuff her face with the cheesy goodness.

“Remember when we were together?” I blurted without thinking. I immediately widened my eyes after I said that. Where did that come from?

Alyssa turned to me with a serious look on her face. Then all of a sudden she started laughing. Wait, what?

“Where did that come from?” She asked in between breaths. I tried to talk but her laugh was making me melt.

Dear Lord, STOP IT WITH THOSE DAMN THOUGHTS NICK!!

“I really don’t know.” I managed to mumble. I chuckle found its way in there.

She finally managed to stop laughing and looked out into our backyard. “Yeah, I do.” She said dreamily. I sat up in my seat.

“Really?” I asked.

“Yeah.” She said, still looking outside. A small smile was planted on her perfect lips. “I remember how we were always with each other like, every day. And when we weren’t, it was because you guys were on tour. You always had time for me, even if your day was this huge schedule. You were always there when I needed you.” Her smile faded. “Unlike Joe.”

I inched myself closer to her and put my hand on top of hers. “I still am.”

She turned towards me and we locked eyes. Oh, how I missed those eyes. Those beautiful brown orbs that went perfectly with her white/blond hair.

I found myself inching even closer towards her while she stared back into my eyes with anticipation.

Finally, I closed the gap between us and felt the same sparks I did when we were dating.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter!!! I told you guys it would be out soon!! Part three should be out again, soon. But I'm not so sure about that one so I'm not promising anything. I had a good time writing this chapter, so I really hope you all like it.
Another amazing banner made by lastsongyou'llsing!! She's seriously amazing.
Comments and banners= happy author!!!!!!!

:)