Something Better

Chapter 18

Kristen’s P.O.V.

“Miss Kristen, get ready. You’ll be out there in a little bit.” Some lady came into my dressing room and told me. Well, it wasn’t really a dressing room… just some place behind church so that I would be able to get ready.

What am I getting ready for, you ask?

MY WEDDING!!!

My wedding is today! I’m going to be walking down the isle in a few minutes! I’m going to be known as Kristen Jonas in just a few hours! My dream will finally come true. This is the happiest day of my life.

I was just standing in my dressing room looking at myself in the mirror. Looking at how beautiful I was, except for the tiny lump that was forming in my stomach. I wonder if Kevin will think I look fat…

No. Stop it right now Kristen. Do not ruin the moment. Kevin will love you just the way you are. You could walk down the isle in sweat pants and he would still smile his happy, goofy smile.

That thought made me smile wide at my reflection. I’m slowly starting to teach myself not to get too crazy on my wedding. I had been telling myself this all morning. Well, with the help of Alyssa, of course. Every five minutes she comes in here and yells, “Don’t go crazy!” Then she would walk out. Literally every five minutes.

Yeah, after a while it just sort of glues itself to your brain. But it was good advice.

The door opened with one swift movement and Alyssa appeared at the door. “Uh, hello! You’re supposed to be getting ready to walk down the isle right now. Why are you standing there daydreaming? This time, you really don’t need to. You’re dream is right outside those double doors. Now, all you have to do is move!”

I smiled lightly at her and said, “Thanks Alyssa.”

She furrowed her brows together. “Are you being sarcastic or am I missing something?” She asked.

“Of course not! I just wanted to thank you for being there for me when I needed you the most. You still come to my wedding even though you know Joe will be there. You still put a smile on your face even though I [b[know you’re hurting inside, and don’t even try to pretend that you’re not! I just wanted to thank you for that.” I went over to the dresser thingy and got my bouquet off of it.

“Okay, first of all, I know I’m just amazing. Second of all, no problem. You’re my best friend and no matter what I’ll always be right by your side, even when you fight with Kevin.” She winked at me and we both laughed. “And third of all, stop reminding me about him! I was doing so well not thinking about him breathing the same air as me! And you had to go and ruin it!” She threw her hands up in the air.

“Sorry.” I said quietly. I had been doing that a lot.

She sighed, dropped her hands to the side, and narrowed her eyes at me. “You’re lucky it’s your wedding today. Otherwise I would chuck you out the window.” She smiled at me and held out her hand. “Now, come on. Kevin’s probably getting worried.”

I grabbed her hand and we started walking out into the back hallway. Once I was half way out the door, I paused and looked at Alyssa with wide eyes. She turned around and furrowed her eyebrows at me. “Wait. We have to do our before-something-special chant first.” She smiled wide and led me back into the room and closed the door.

We both turned towards each other and smiled. We took hands, as if we were about to call forth a ghost or something, and closed our eyes.

Then, we screamed.

We screamed at the top of our lungs while jumping up and down. Yup, this was our special little chant.

Once we were done, some man opened the door frantically and said, “Is everything alright in here?”

“Yeah, we’re fine. No worries.” Alyssa said. The guy slowly nodded and walked out. I hope the whole church didn’t hear that…

Alyssa turned back to me, but never let our hands go. She looked like she was about to cry. “Ally, what’s wrong?” I asked, tilting my head at her.

She tried to smile as one tear slid down her right cheek. “I’m just so happy for you. I’m so glad that you finally found someone to spend the rest of your life with, to make a family with. Even if it means I have to see that boob again. I’ll learn to deal with it. I just want you to be happy.” Her voice cracked at the end as more tears spilled out of her eyes. I walked a few steps towards her and gave her the best hug that a friend could give.

“I love you so much, Ally. It means so much that you’ll make a huge sacrifice just to see me happy.” I said.

“I love you too, Kristen. Congratulations.” She replied. I couldn’t even answer her for fear that tears would start coming out of my eyes. I really didn’t want to ruin my makeup.

Some lady, the same one that was here a few minutes ago, came into the room with an aggravated look on her face. “The groom is still waiting.” She said in a nasty tone. Alyssa and I broke apart and straightened ourselves out.

“Oh, shut up. She’ll be out there in two seconds.” Alyssa told the woman. She left the room with a scowl on her face.

Alyssa turned to me and sighed. “I can’t believe that you’re actually getting married. I can remember when we were still like, five years old preparing out weddings and thinking that we would marry some rich guy by the name of Bob. How the fuck did we get to this point so fast?” We both laughed.

“Well, I guess I can’t keep you here any longer. It’s your moment to shine now!” She walked me out of the room and into the church hallway. The entire time my stomach was in knots.

Breath, Kristen. Breath. I kept breathing in and out slowly as I got into my position. My father held my arm. I looked up to him and smiled. He smiled back and whispered in my ear, “I love you, honey.” I smiled again as this guy gave us the signal to be ready. We both straightened our backs as the tow large doors opened in front of us.

There, standing on the altar, was my whole future. My fiancé, the love of my life, my whole world… If it was even possible, my smile widened as my father escorted me to the altar with the band playing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I know I said that I was going to update last week, but I got really sick. I had the flu for the entire weekend. But trust me, if I wasn't sick, I would have updated. The chapter was already written, but I was just too sick to update. I'm so sorry for the delay. I'm feeling much better now, but still not getting much sleep, which isn't helping with the virus. Yeah, I know I suck. Anyways, please enjoy the update. It took me a while to get here.
If you haven't all ready, go read my new story that I just posted called 'Just A Simple Phone Call.' Not many people have read it, and it would mean a lot to me if all you guys would comment me to see how it is. Even if you don't like it, just comment telling me how sucky it is. I'm totally fine with hate mail.
I love you guys!!!!

:)