Something Better

Chapter 7

Rachel’s P.O.V.

“Can anyone tell me the date that Columbus founded the New World?”

I sat at my desk. My head was in the palm of both of my hands.

I just sat there, staring at my History teacher as if he wasn’t even there. I was zoning out, in my own little world. Who wouldn’t be though? This guy is so boring!

“Anyone?” He asked again.

It’s not like I’m stupid or anything. I do know when Columbus founded the New World. It was 1492, 2:00 in the morning to be exact.

It’s just that this guy could put coffee to sleep. Seriously. There is not one person in this room, besides the teacher, who is on planet earth.

Ugh… Why can’t Alyssa be here?

Oh yeah, because she’s too busy sleeping and scarfing down ice cream all day. Not to mention the fact that she’s being catered on 24/7 and she gets to spend every second with the love of her life.

SUCKS TO BE ME!!

Jeez, I would give anything just to see Nick again. To be held in his arms. To feel his soft lips on mine.

Gah! Why won’t this teacher just shut up?! He was going on and on about how Columbus and a bunch of other retards that nobody cares about founded the New World.

“Because the Santa Maria got destroyed, they had to get other ships to finish their voyage.”

I heard a faint snore right next to me and looked to my left. Andrew had fallen asleep and was now starting to snore. I tried to hold back the laughter as much as I could.

Andrew is this guy who is in a few of my classes. He’s pretty nice. He has shaggy light brown hair and brown eyes. He’s a few inches taller then me. He also has a very big nose. I mean, you can’t miss it. It’s huge!

We talk a lot and sometimes I even go visit his dorm room. But don’t think anything is going on between us. I would never do that to Nick. We’re ‘just friends.’ I explained to Andrew that I had a boyfriend back home, so he knows.

I nudged Andrew’s arm, trying to wake him up. That only made him take in this loud snore that echoed through the entire room.

“Mr. Sanders!” The teacher yelled. Andrew shot up from his laying down position on his desk and opened his eyes wide.

“What? What happened? Where’s the fire?” Andrew called out. He looked around the room furiously, trying to find the source of the noise that woke him up. Finally, his eyes landed on the teacher.

“Did you have a nice nap, Mr. Sanders?”

“Sorry Mr. Semplis.”

“Will it happen again?” The teacher raised ad eyebrow at Andrew.

“No Mr. Semplis.”

“Good. Now, where was I?”

As the teacher went back to talking about deranged sailors, I turned to Andrew.

“Nice going.” I said with a smirk.

“Oh, shut up. Like I was the only one asleep here, anyway. 95% of the class were either zoned out or sleeping… except for the nerds, of course.”

“True. This guy can put anyone to sleep.”

“See? Now, if you don’t mind, I think I’ll go back to sleep. Wake me when class is over.” He closed his eyes and laid his head in his arms on the desk.

I gave him a dumbfounded look. “Dude! Did you not just learn your lesson?”

“Nope, and I most likely never will.” He said with his eyes still closed.

I sighed and went back to putting my head in my hands. I wonder when I’ll see Nick again. Ugh, probably around Christmas. But that’s still months away!

I hate life.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so tired today... I have no idea why. I went to bed at a reasonable time last night, but today was just a drag... *sighs*
Anyway, I hope you guys like this chapter more than I did. I don't like it so much. So... yeah.
Comment and banners would be nice!!! Especially since I didn't have to good of a day today!!! *hint hint*

:)