Romia and Juliette

Smiles and Acceptance

I walked into Denver High, looking amongst the crowd to find someone. I moved my brownish red hair out of my face. Finally, I spotted her; Romia. She saw me and ran over to me, giving me a big smile and a giant bear-hug.

”Julie!” She shouted. I hugged her back and smiled to myself.
”Mia!” I shouted back.
”How are you today?” She said, her green eyes filled with joy.
“I’m tired, but pretty good.” I answered, chuckling.
“C’mon, lets go see Sierra!” she said, grabbing my hand and half dashing, half dragging me there.

As you’ve probably already guessed, Romia, Mia for short, and I aren’t anything close to being straight. We are lesbians. Now, before you start saying “Oh my god, you are going to burn in hell!” I’d like you to know that we aren’t in this relationship just for sex. In fact, we’ve been together for two years and we’re both still virgins. There is nothing but love in this relationship and there is nothing to be condemned in love, is there? Lastly, why would God send two deeply in love people to hell just for their orientation? I’m sorry, but if God does that then I don’t want to worship a God who creates throw-aways.

Well, getting back to the story, Mia and I walked around the school, holding hands, looking for Sierra.

Now wait a second. How come we, two people of the same sex, are allowed to hold hands in school? Why aren’t we getting beat to a pulp by the school yet? The answer is simple. There are so many gay and lesbian people in our school that it’s almost alien to be straight. So, everyone is okay with it. Now, outside of our school, we have to be careful.

Anyways, we never found Sierra. Turns out she was absent today. The bell rang to tell us to go to our lockers. Mia and I went our separate directions and got to our lockers.