Romia and Juliette

War at Home

I walked off of the bus and trudged into my home. I saw my mom sitting on the couch drinking a beer.

”Hi.” I mumbled, quickly walking back towards my room
”Come back here, dyke!” she shot at me. I twitched and walked back, facing her.
”Yes?” I said, holding back my anger. She was obviously drunk. She got up, stumbling a bit and got close to my face, the alcohol from her breath burning my eyes. She took her hand, pulled it back and slapped me across the face. I stumbled back She had never hit me before… Sure she yelled at me but I was used to that.
”Mom?” I said, fear in my voice.
”You dirty whore. You are the reason your Dad left me!” She shouted. She pushed me down on the floor and kicked me in the ribs. I writhed in pain and she stopped, laughing. “You’re so weak. That’s predictable. God wouldn’t make demons strong enough to defend themselves. I can’t wait till you die. You’ll burn in hell just like your girlfriend.” She said. I stared at her in disbelief. She had never threatened Mia. Tears stung my eyes and I gathered enough strength to run into my room. I slammed the door and locked it. I sat on my bed, hearing my mom pound on my door, yelling obscenities and demanding me to open the door.

For five long minutes I sat there, waiting for her to leave. Finally, she did. I got out my cell phone and called Mia. The phone rung and finally she answered.

”Hello!” She said, cheerfully.
”Mia, can I go over to your house?” I asked, trying to control the knot in my throat.
”Yes… what’s wrong, sweetie?” She asked, concern in her voice.
”I’ll explain when I get there.” I said.
”Okay. I love you, bye!” She said.
”Love you too.” I said before hanging up.

I put my phone in my pocket and climbed out the window of my bedroom. I landed on the grass and got into my car. I turned on the car and backed out of the driveway, unaware of what was to happen to me.