Romia and Juliette

Burned Memories and Broken Paintings

I woke up to the sound of the persistent beeping of an EKG. I slowly opened my eyes to a room of white and silver. I looked around, wondering why I was in a hospital. I wracked my brain, thinking of reason but came up with none. Suddenly, a nurse walked in, holding a note pad.

”Oh, you’re awake!” I she said, looking at me quizzically.
”Uh… yeah… Hey, why am I here?” I asked,
”You were in a car wreck.” She answered
”Car wreck?” I said, not understanding.
”Yeah… can you remember anything?” she asked
”No… not really.” I said
”When were you born?” She asked. I though for at least a minute, but I couldn’t remember.
”I… I don’t know.” I said, honestly. The nurse gave me a sympathetic look and walked out.

Thirty minutes later, a woman walked out. She was short, somewhat pudgy, had brown stringy hair and a tough appearance. Eyeliner was running down her face.
”Oh honnneeyyyy” She slurred. The scent of alcohol contaminated the room. This strange woman was drunk. She rushed over to me, stumbling and gave me a tight hug. I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder and grimaced.
”W-who are you?” I asked, confused. She looked at me and burst into tears.
”I’m… I’m your mother!” she cried. I was shocked. This was my mother? My life must have been a wreck! The nurse pulled my mother off of me and made her leave. I was alone again.