Romia and Juliette

Weeks Set to Seconds

When you’re in a hospital for extended periods of time, time goes by faster. After about two weeks, someone else came into my room. She was a girl who looked about my age and I don’t know if my thoughts are wrong or not, but I must say that she was the most beautiful person I had ever seen. Her eyes were big and vibrant green and she had deep, rich brown hair that was layered and about shoulder length. She wasn’t the skinniest thing on earth, but she wasn’t fat either. She was healthy, which was just fine by me. She looked rather sad when she came in, though. Maybe I knew her and was really close to her. I’ll never know.

”Hi.” She said, giving me a faint smile. I stared at her. ‘What a beautiful voice!’ I thought.
”Hey.” I said, nervously. There was something about her that was awfully familiar. I thought about it for a second, trying to place it, but couldn’t. The doctors told me that I had lost my memory… well, most of it. I could remember where I went to school and that’s it.

”Who are you?” I asked the strange girl.
”My name is Romia.” She answered. What an interesting name.
”… how did I know you?” I asked, hoping for answers. She sighed.
”The doctors don’t want me telling you that yet.” She said.
”Oh…” I answered. “You’re really pretty.” I commented, shyly. Her eyes seemed to light up a bit when I said that.
”Thank you!” she said, cheerfully.

We spent the rest of the 15 minutes talking and before she was forced to leave, I remembered something. Not really anything significant. Just a song… but at least I remembered something.