The Whole Time You Just Watched Me Fall

Drunken Nights

“Gerard! Give me my paper! Please? I am trying to draw a picture for mommy!” A four year old McKenna yelled, her ‘Rs’ sounding like ‘Ws’.

Gerard was twelve, and Mikey was eight. Gerard ran upstairs laughing. McKenna followed him trying her best to get her picture back from her older brother.

“Where are you Gerard? I’ll find you!” McKenna said looking everywhere.

She looked in all the tough spots like the tiny hallway closet, or even the hamper in the bathroom, though she was the only one that fit in it. Her tiny feet were making little pitter patter sounds all across the hard wood floors. All of a sudden, a not so sober father came out of his room. Usually that meant you ran and hid for your life. He was the most awful person drunk, though; he really wasn’t all that good sober come to think of it.

“What the fuck do you think you’re doing up here?” their father yelled.

“Um, I was just looking for Gerard daddy!” McKenna said kind of scared, stammering her words like any child would do.

“Don’t call me daddy! I have told you guys that when I am sleeping, all of your asses are to stay downstairs! Now, do you know what the consequences are for interrupting me? Do you?” he asked, slurring some of his speech.

“Daddy no! Please!” McKenna yelled trying to run and hide. It was no use. He grabbed her by the back of the shirt, nearly choking her, before she even had the chance to get away.

“I thought I told you, no more daddy shit!” he yelled, smacking her across the face. She started screaming and crying.

“Please stop! Gerard, help me!” She cried out.

Gerard ran from one of the rooms and hit his father in the back of the legs with a bat, which caused him to let go of McKenna. Gerard ran over to her, picked her up, and took her up to the attic.

“Sissy, are you alright?” Gerard asked trying to calm her down.

“No! He really hurt me Gerard. I’m scared!” McKenna cried. Gerard hugged his baby sister.

“Shh, he won’t hurt you again. Mom and dad are going to get a divorce soon, and then, all the pain will be all over. I promise.” Gerard said lovingly.

“Are you sure?” A scared Mikey asked from the corner.

“Yes, I am almost positive.” Gerard smiled, hugging his brother and sister.


Too bad that for only some of us, this nightmare would be over.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I was going through my stories and I realized that I never finished this one. I started reading and reading. For one, it definitely deserves to be finished, and two, it also deserved a rewrite. I wrote this before there was a Mibba and we all met on INO (some of you won't remember). My grammar and everything has improved since I was 17 (which is when I wrote this).

I am not going to lie. This was one of my first stories ever, and so yes, some of it is cliched. I am not the fan for cliched stories but this one is mine. It does have twists and it has been fun to write, so I hope you all bare with me through this once more :) Let's bring this back to life shall we?