Disorder

Youth

“No… of course not. I would never hurt you,” Gerard murmured, trailing his long white fingers down the back of his ex-girlfriend, Eliza Cuts.

“I don’t know, Gerard,” she said breathlessly. Gerard smiled at her gasping for air and pressed his lips very softly to her neck. He trailed them back up to her lips and barely brushed them against hers. Eliza’s breathing grew more erratic and her hands twisted the bed sheets.

“Come on, baby,” Gerard whispered. He clutched the back of Eliza’s neck and nipped delicately at the exposed skin. Eliza moaned.

“Oh, Gerard.”

“Moan it loud, baby,” Gerard wasn’t even trying to use the old charm anymore. Eliza was so lost in his words and lust that she probably wouldn’t have stopped moaning if Gerard put on purple leotards and danced on top of a coin-dispenser.

In fact, this was starting to bore Gerard. This is what he did the majority of his nights. It just so happened that Eliza was at the same video-rental place. The very terrible luck that she would run into Gerard again.

Gerard roughly shoved Eliza. She fell back and bounced on the bed with her hands still twisting the bed sheets into wrinkled bunches.

“Gerard,” she moaned again, although all Gerard was doing was fixing her with the powerful glare of his hazel eyes.

His hazel eyes. People tended to tell him that that’s what they are always drawn towards. The depth of those eyes, seemingly never crashing into a halt. They held all the charisma and supernatural-ness that allowed Gerard to treat people as his puppets.

“Hmmm. I think I’ve quite done with you,” Gerard sat in a chair opposite the bed, watching Eliza’s face fall when he dismissed her.

“W-what?” She whimpered, finally releasing the bed sheets. Her body was still shaking, though.

“I said, I think I’m done. You may leave,” Gerard laced his fingers together and leaned his lower face on them. His elbows rested on his crossed legs. He observed Eliza get up and rummage around for her clothing.

“Honestly, could you move any slower, you incompetent cow,” Gerard sneered glancing at the clock. It read 10:47.

The night is young. I should fix that. He thought and sighed an aggravated sigh.

“Gerard… what did I do wrong?” Eliza whimpered, no doubt believing that this was all her fault. Gerard would, of course, let her believe that. Although it was no skin off his bones if Eliza resented him for taking advantage of her so.

“Obviously you failed to please me. As you did before, and before that. I don’t know why I keep giving you chances. I guess I’m…” Gerard mused and laughed silently to himself for the next words he was about to speak, “hoping that you’ll change and be good enough for me.”

Eliza’s eyes filled with tears and she opened her mouth to speak again. Gerard raised two pale finger lazily, stopping her from speaking.

“You’re boring me. Leave,” was all he said. That’s all that was needed. If Gerard said it, it was done.

Eliza left with out saying another word. She ‘accidentally’ dropped a yellow bit of paper with her number scrawled on it in blue ink. As if Gerard would honestly need to call her. He could have anyone he pleased.

“I’m bored,” he announced to his empty bedroom. When the walls failed to respond, Gerard dragged himself up and wandered through the dark, sleeping house.

“Gee?” Gerard’s younger brother, Mikey, questioned, sticking a disheveled head out of his room.

“Yeah. I’m going to go out for a while,” Gerard said, patting Mikey’s cheek. Mikey was the only person Gerard truly cared about. Without Mikey, Gerard would simply stop breathing. Mikey always kept Gerard behind the lines of law. On more than one occasion, Mikey had managed to bail Gerard out of jail with no harm done to his record. Or, at least that’s what Mikey thought. Really, Gerard had turned his eyes on who ever Mikey was determined to change and that person would have willingly torn his liver out for Gerard.

“You have to get up early to drive me to the student council meeting tomorrow. Don’t stay out too late,” Mikey yawned went back to his slumber.

Gerard raised an eyebrow and ignored Mikey’s warning. As much as Mikey meant to Gerard, he had little to no respect for the wishes and commands of other people. Gerard rolled his eyes and stepped into the humid night.

He meandered through the streets, stopping now and then to kick a mailbox into a crooked, leaning slot. That is, he kicked until he found a metal baseball bat leaning against a green door.

The night is still young… he thought darkly to himself. Would a little extra money be of weight in his pockets? Of course not.

He hopped the low white fence in front of a home with a silver minivan occupying the driveway. He twirled the bat in his hands, testing its weight before crashing it into the windshield of the car.

When the alarm went shrieking in the dead silence Gerard laughed. How was this alarm going to stop him from stealing all the money or worthwhile shit?

Jumping through the broken glass and ignoring the pieces already tangled in his mess of black hair, Gerard looted the car. There was little money in there. About 27 dollars. He didn’t let that discourage him, though. He kept digging in the compartments until he discovered a drivers license, a few credit cards and a plastic bag with some sort of powder in it.

Gerard felt content with his findings. He opened the van door and crunched his way over the glass. A piece of the sharp shreds was scratching his face, leaving a trickle of blood running down from the outer corner of his eye to a drop threatening to fall off his chin.

With a long finger, Gerard wiped the blood off his face. He studied it for a moment, then put the blood-stained finger in his mouth, savoring the taste of his own blood.