Blood and Fur

Chapter 1

It was a tolerable cold that night.

The snow was falling silently as I stared down the pitch black road.

I was waiting.

I looked behind me and into the eyes of the royal guards. They were in Blood form; their human eye color replaced by total darkness, their fangs slightly overlapping their lower lips, they wore all black with their light weapons at hand, a precaution needed around royalty.

To my left was my younger sister, Elizabeth. She hadn’t yet accomplished the ability to change between a human and a Blood. She had electric blue eyes, the eyes of royalty, of our family. She wore a black winter’s coat with her pitch black hair flying freely with the wind. Her ivory pale skin shone brightly, just like the snow beneath our feet.

Elizabeth had just turned 5 and was the youngest heir. I was now the eldest. At 17 I had already had my lessons in combat and was by far beyond the average 17 year old of my kind. But, it is what is to be expected of the Fatale Family.

I had a brother. Just last year he was with us. I had just turned 16 and he was getting feed up of having to wait till our father died to take the throne. Our father was an elderly man, but he still was the strongest of the clan. Darius begged to differ. He rallied up a few heretic Bloods to fight for him and there was an uprising. Elizabeth and I had fled through an escape route with our mother. I never saw Darius since that fateful night. We all assumed he was dead. My father was never the same. Whenever Darius’ name was spoken, he would flinch and instantly dismiss the conversation.

I looked at my watch. It read eleven oh three. “They are late.” I stated. I started to look down the road again. There was nothing. Just snow on either side of the road and a forest further down. The moonlight made everything glow. It made shadows dance and made everything almost an illusion.

Elizabeth tugged on my hand. “Where are Mother and Father?” she asked.

“I don’t know.” I tore my gaze from the darkness and looked down at her. She was such a beautiful child. I then looked to my personal guard and whispered, “Something’s wrong. They are late.”

“Shall we go to Plan B, or wait a little bit longer, your Highness?”

I looked up at the moon. It was a dangerous night. “We wait two more minutes.” Going to Plan B meant that they were dead. It meant that the Coven no longer had a Leader or a Second in Command. It meant that I no longer had a Mother or Father. It meant that I was to replace them- and I wasn’t ready.

Then we heard a howl.

I quickly turned around and looked at the road.

“Werewolves.” I said to myself. “Plan B! Everyone run, get inside!” I looked down the road one final time and saw them coming.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope everyone likes it.
Tell me what you thought about it!
<3