Blood and Fur

Chapter 2

“Werewolves.” I said to myself. “Plan B! Everyone run, get inside!” I looked down the road one final time and saw them coming.

Continued

I picked up Elizabeth and ran as fast as I could. I could hear their growls and teeth grinding. There were gun shots and I heard a yell. I stopped to see the new additions to the death list of the war.

“No! Don’t stop Princess! Get to the safe house, follow through with the plan!” someone yelled in the distance.

I did as I was told and continued to run. I was about 15 feet away from the steps of the silver embedded cabin door when I saw a fellow member of the royal guard get his face ripped off.

We were being ambushed and we did not have the adequate amount of weapons for this sort of fight. I sprinted up the steps and inside.

I ran to the back room and turned to lock the door. The silver in it doing nothing to my skin as most human myths perceived.

I put Elizabeth down and ran to the other side of the room. I effortlessly pushed aside the dresser and kicked in the floorboard beneath it, pulling out a small rectangular box. Inside was a flare gun and keys. I stuffed the keys into my pocket and grabbed Elizabeth’s hand as we ran out through a back door.

When I saw the night sky I shot a flare into the air. It was a warning sign to the Bloods that the greeting party was being ambushed. I heard a sob and looked down to see Elizabeth crying red teardrops of blood. Her cheeks were smeared but she did not look afraid. Although, being her sister, I knew she was; terrified even.

I got down to one knee in front of her and put my hands on her small and fragile shoulders. “Elizabeth. I know you are scared, but now is not the time to cry. Stay strong. Save it for when there is reason to.”

She nodded and used her jacket as a tissue. I got up and searched frantically for the emergency snowmobile. I saw the uncovered back end and ran to it. I uncovered the rest of it and pulled out the keys.

But that snowmobile never got started.

I felt the slam of a paw hit my face and then the thick heavy claws rake against my cheek. I flew about 20 feet away. I heard Elizabeth scream my name, but then she was hit as well. I got up and pulled out a small caliber hand gun from the holder on my hip and shot at the one who hit her. One bullet to the chest and two to the head. It fell to the ground, dead.

Then, there was a slam from behind me. I turned; gun raised, to find that it was my body guard, Devian, standing in the doorway to the backroom of the cabin. A sort of smile crept over his face and it looked like he relaxed a bit, but then he tensed and went blank. He dropped his gun and then took a step forward.

“Run,” he said before he dropped to his knees and onto his side. Behind him was a man, holding a now bloodied dagger.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, um yeah...

i'd really like to have feedback.
positive, negative (as long as its constructive!), anything you can say about it!

Thanx!
<3