Keep Breathing My Angel

The Last 24 Hours

I sat in Chemistry and my best friend Louise sat next to me as usual and I put on a fake smile that she saw right through
“What’s the matter?”
“Nothing im just tired, I didn’t get much sleep last night” I lied
And we sat in silence.

I didn’t see Craig till lunch he was sitting at the lunch table with some of his friends and he saw me approaching he stood and met me half way before grabbing my hand and pulling me out into the corridor.

“Bella he hit you again” he said as he touched the new bruise on my check bone.
“No he didn’t” I denied it
“That was not there this morning” he accused
And I reached to grab his hand from my face and he saw that my wrist was also swollen and turning purple he placed my wrist in his palm as though it was made of porcelain and just stared at it.

“Im okay” I lied, really I wanted to break down and cry and what scared me more was what I was about to say.
“Im sorry you became part of this I really am it had nothing to do with you so…so you have two options” I continued and Craig looked totally confused “You can forget anything from the last 24 hours ever happened and go off and do your own thing and I would completely understand… or I don’t know you can keep doing for me whatever you did last night…I don’t really know what that was. This is totally up to you and there is no wrong or write answer” I stopped not knowing what else to say.

“Isabella I have been a complete dick to you for quite a while now to say the least. This whole time it’s been to try and get your attention. Now I have your attention and even more then that you have my attention. I don’t want to let go of that and I could never let you go through this alone. I am with you through this crap that you’re going through because I can’t bare to see you look like this”
He stopped and stroked my bruised cheek again
“That’s if you want me to” he added

I was speechless I was totally not expecting this and all I could do was launch myself at him hugging him and never wanting to let go and he hugged me back kissing into my neck, as I held back tears.
“Thank you” I whispered
“”Come on, come sit” and he pulled me back into the lunch room towards the table where he was sitting with his friends “Guys this is Bella, Bella this is Max” he pointed to a kid that had both a lip and noise ring he had black long emo like hair and this brilliant smile as he shook my hand.
He continued “Bryan” he had almost bleached blonde hair that really didn’t suite his comp lection but seemed really nice non-the less. “And Robert” Craig said pointing to the last of the boys sitting at the table Robert seemed scary he had really long, thick, fuzzy curly hair and wore sunglasses so you couldn’t see his eyes (mind you we were inside). He nodded pulling off his glasses for only a moment and gave me an approving smile that confused me, and Craig seemed to sense this and gave out a small laugh
“Don’t worry he’s harmless”

The boys made conversation for a while until I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned to see Louise standing there I had completely dogged her and I felt like crap. I looked to Craig for support silently asking of she could sit and he nodded.

“Hey Louise wanna sit, this is Craig, Robert, Bryan and Max” I said as she sat and I saw the instant smile and light on Max’s face as she sat he was mesmerized and he had every right to be she was gorgeous almost black hair that was teased and brown eyes with a great smile.
She noticed Max’s face as I did and she looked at me as if to say this is going to be good and I laughed a little.
Lunch finished and I gave Craig a little kiss before heading to class with Louise.

She was my only really good friends the only one I felt comfortable talking to and she new this and used it to her advantage trying to get information about me and Craig out and I let in a couple details she didn’t want. I told her about my mum dying and me and Craig being together, but I didn’t tell her everything I didn’t tell her about my dad or the fact that I was sleeping at Craig’s place and she was shell shocked to say the least almost crying herself, as I tried to hold myself together.