Keep Breathing My Angel

Sing Songs & Safe

I met Craig outside school when it was finished and we walked home.
“You can take off your mask now” I gave him a small smile “What happened this morning?” He questioned
“…I don’t really want to talk about it…but I hope you don’t mind if I spend another night at your house?”
“Bella im not letting you go home….im not letting you go in a 10meter radius of that man” I grabbed his hand and in-twinned our fingers
“I told Louise about my mum but not my dad”
“I told my mum about your mum and dad and last night and that you were probably going to stay here again tonight”
“Oh my god what did she say?” I cringed
“Nah nothing bad my mum left my dad because he abused her so she said that you could stay as long as you liked”
“Oh okay” I was kind of speechless

we arrived home and Craig’s mum was in the kitchen cooking dinner
“Hey mum this is Bella, Bella this is my mum Katherine”
“Bella its nice to meet you I am so sorry about everything, and don’t worry about not having a place to go you are more then welcome to stay here, I understand you slept in Craig’s room last night there is a spare room if you would prefer and you are more then welcome to use the bathroom facilities and rummage through the kitchen if you need anything just let me know” she must have been out of breath.
“Thank you so, so much I will try to stay out of your way as much as possible and I shouldn’t be here for long”
“Don’t stress it Bella I work nights and im going away for a couple days on work so I wont be around too much anyway”
“Mum were just going to go up stairs”
“Ok dinner should be ready in half an hour but I have to leave for work in 10 so keep an eye on it and I should see you Sunday night.” She said kissing Craig’s head as we past her.

We got upstairs and I collapsed on Craig’s bed. I felt completely worn out and I just wanted to curl up and sleep. I heard a laugh and I opened my eyes so see Craig smiling at me

“What are you smiling at?”
“You, you are so worn out and you still look beautiful”
I go up off the bed and he hugged me letting me nestle my head in his chest and sob a little.
“Can I shower?” I asked
“Yea down the hall to the right towels are in there as well”
I kissed him and grabbed my school bag that had some clothes in it and headed to the shower.

The water was steamy on my back and rather relaxing I was able to cry and not be noticed and I loved that it was peaceful and beautiful just to not have to think for those few minutes.
I got out and chucked on my black jeans and a hoodie and made my way downstairs to find Craig.

“Want some dinner?”
“Yea”
we sat and ate in silence it wasn’t awkward silence where you wondered what to talk about or what the other was thinking or trying not to make a fool out of yourself. It was nice peaceful silence where you got to sit and think and in my case think too much because by the end I wanted to cry again as I thought about my mum.

After dinner was done and we washed up our plates we made our way back upstairs
“Do you mind if I borrow your shirt again to sleep in?” I asked
“Nah not at all” he said throwing me the same shirt I wore last night, I up it on and climbed into his bed trying to get warm but I couldn’t get warm so I just laid there and watched Craig. He was sitting on a chair near the bed with an acoustic guitar in his hands
“Sing something” I prompted
“Okay…Well here go my big plans to build up this fortress into the clouds it's made up of my love and my heart and my blood we'll make it out…”

My reaction well I didn’t really know his voice was beautiful and soothing and his lyrics memorable and so relevant so at first I just smiled at him and he seemed to know what I was thinking because he smiled back.

“That was beautiful” I finally said and he came and joined me in bed after stripping to only boxes and I wondered if he did the same the night before. I cuddled up to him and rested my head under his chin and I became warm.
“How come I feel so safe with you?” I questioned
“Hhmmm” he let out a light laugh and just cuddled up to me more so that there was no part of our bodies that weren’t touching and like the night before rubbed little circles on my stomach while I feel asleep.