Breathe Me in, I'm Yours to Keep

"You Only Hold Me Up Like This, Cause You Don't Know Who I Really Am."

Katie's POV

There was a knock at the door and I pushed myself off the couch to go answer, already knowing it was Kellan.

"Hey," I smiled once I had the door open.

He smiled in return and pulled a teddy bear from behind his back, "Here I brought this for Masen."

My smiled grew wider, "Aw that's so sweet of you!"

I took the bear and motioned for him to come inside. As if on cue, Masen started crying.

"I'll be right back," I said before heading upstairs to get Masen.

Walking into my room, I made my way over to the crib and bent over the side to pick Masen up. His crying stopped once he was in my arms and he started cooing. I smiled down at him and brushed the tip of his nose with my finger.

"Did you have a good nap? Even though it was short," I cooed to him.

He gurgled and smiled. I cradled him in my arms and headed back downstairs. Kellan had made himself at home by sitting on the couch and propping his feet up on the coffee table.

"So where's Robert?" Kellan asked once I had sat down.

I shrugged, "Something about running errands."

Kellan nodded, "On a Sunday? That's weird cause I saw him talking to some lady earlier."

My eyebrows pulled together, "Lady?"

Kellan nodded, "Yeah. I don't know what they were talking about, but he looked really happy."

My heart sank, "Really."

Kellan's expression made it seem like he regretted telling me, "She was probably just an old friend or something."

I halfway smiled at his attempt to reassure me, "Maybe."

I asked Kellan if he could hold Masen while I fixed him a bottle before handing him over. I got up and made my way into the kitchen. Finding a clean bottle, I began to make it. Once I was sure it was the right temperature, I started to head back into the living room before something caught my eye. A note on the table. Confusion filled my face as I walked over to it and opened it. Setting the bottle down, I read it.

'Robert,
I'm so glad you decided to do what we talked about. You won't be sorry. I promise.
- Brittany'


I gripped the paper so hard I thought my fingers were going to rip through it. Who was this 'Brittany' and what 'decision' did he make? Placing the note back on the table, I grabbed the bottle and walked back into the living room.

"Thank you," I said, trying to keep my composure.

Kellan smiled up at me and handed Masen back to me. I placed the bottle in Masen's mouth and let him eat. Kellan began flipping through the channels, but I was so deep in thought I didn't know what he left it on. Is Robert cheating? Or is it something less severe? These questions and scenarios played over in my mind for the rest of the day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, I'm sorry it's short, but it was a spur of the moment update.
Ooh? What's Robert up to?