Status: Updated Slowly

Family Values

Tears and Almost Promises

~Corie's POV~
I gasped as Brian clutched his head that was bleeding falling to the floor. "Zacky! Call 911!" I yelled running out to go get Ivy. She was already on her way to Mrs. Kindel's. Something told me to stop, for her two kids. She had said something right, back there. I didn't want her daughters to be around us either. Ivy had opened the door and was already yelling at Jimmy and Matt. I could hear her 2 daughters crying it brought tears to my eyes. Johnny greeted me by the door, "What happened?" I ignored him though and ran upstairs. I pushed passed Matt and Jimmy and looked at Ivy hugging Sophie and Heaven for dear life. She was crying. I hated this. I wanted her to go and leave now that I know why she left I could understand. I knew Brian wouldn't understand though.

"Ivy babe, sister, look at me." I tried kneeling next to her. She clutched them in her arm, "How could you Corie? Trapping me here with my daughters?" She asked looking at me like I had gotten in trouble. I leaned back against the wall, "Ivy, I don't want you here with those kids but you know the rules" She shook her head, "No I got a life and kids to take care of. I refuse to go back to how we were in high school!" She snapped at me. I looked at Jimmy and Matt, "Go see how Brian's doing!" I shouted at them and they nodded leaving. "All we want to do is find momma's and Mrs. Kindel's killer or murderer's then it'll all be done! I swear! You can't leave though, we need you." She looked at me shocked, "What have you become Corie? You could go to jail you could be killed! Mom wouldn't have wanted this for you!" I felt so hurt by what she said, "No she wouldn't have but if we dont' sit on our ass and avenge her other innocent people are gonna die!"

Ivy glared at me, "Why do you need me?" I chuckled, "Why don't we need you?" She, however, looked serious, "ANSWER THE QUESTION!" I almost jumped at her tone. "You know how the press is don't you? Well me and Zacky were discusing it while you and Brian were in your reunion and well, you could help us out with a lot of stuff. Getting into places. Being our own little spy." She rolled her eyes. "Corie don't even. You want me cause of the money I have and what I could get you guys isn't that why?" She was right, I slowly nodded. She huffed and stood up as we heard the ambulance outside, the two girls looked tired, "I'll go with Brian to the hospital. You better calm Zacky down though Corie! He was gonna smack me I know it!" I nodded understanding as I took Sophie and Heaven, "You want to come home with me?" I asked happy and merry and all. They nodded as I lifted them both up with a grunt, "Baker boy will be excited but you guys have to go to sleep it's late." The both nodded as I walked over to our house as soon as the ambulance left. Zacky took Heaven from me and I looked at him, "I gotta talk to you after Iget them tucked in ok?" I didn't mean it as a question though it sounded like a fact. He nodded as we lead them both into the room next to ours. Mom's room.

They settled in bed almost immediately falling asleep as I walked to our room pulling off my shirt, "Zacky, Ivy's not like she was back in high school. You know that. She's a classy woman and I know mom would be proud! So after this is all done I want her out of here and back in New York you got that?" He seemed shocked, "How could you say that?! She was one of us and she broke a rule leaving! You'd let her leave again!" I glared at him walking up to him and getting close to his my eyes watering, "She has kids, she has twin daughters! Zacky, I don't want them to have a childhood like she had if they could have better." Zacky still didn't seem to mind. "Have you really become that cold hearted? Ivy was right, I don't like living like this, I want something more. Don't you?" I sat on the bed my shoulders starting to shake. I was about to start crying. "Corie, Ivy can't leave us." I glared at him, "Promise me after we do this, after we kill whoever did this to us, everyone's out there is no more rules nothing!" He seemed to loook angry, "And if I don't promise?"

I almost had my jaw drop to the ground, "If you don't promise, I swear I'll lost all my love for you if you've become that shallow! What if I had kids would you drag them down just becuase you had a bad life?!" He sat down next to me and pulled me into his chest where I broke down. "I can't promise you that's not my decision I can't control what happens to the gang. I love you and if we do have kids and get married like we probably will I'll do everything I can to make us live in the suburbs." I laughed in between sobs almost at that. "Zacky don't scare me like you did tonight again. I thought you were going to smack my own sister." He rubbed my hair whispered apologies int omy ear that whole night til I cried myself to sleep. He still didn't promise me though.

I woke up to see Zacky asleep as I looked at the clock, "Almost time to go to work." I whispered to myself standing up and putting black dickies and a white button up shirt tucking it in. I usually slept in a work out bra like last night and I was just to lazy to make the extra effort to put on a new one when I really didn't do anything yesturday. I walked into my bathroom putting my hair up in a ponytail and brushing my teeth. I grabbed my purse and cell phone checking on the two girls who were sitting on the bed playing a hand game or something like that. "Hey girls, Corie's gotta go to work want me-" They interupted me, "Mom will come get us when she get's back." I shrugged and nodded, "Zacky's in the other room for you girls need anything wake him up and say Corie told him to help you guys for an extra bonus. He'll know what I'll mean."

WIth that I left a note on a postit on Zackys chest leaving in our car to the restuarant I work at. It was an El Torito mexican grill. I walked inside putting on my name tag. I really didn't have friends, no one really did in this town. It was everyone for themselves more friends meant more weaknesses. I sighed and went into the back putting on the apron and walking out stretching my arms. I found myself wandering what would happened between us if Zacky had promise and we did what we needed. Would we kill each other or leave to seperate lives?
♠ ♠ ♠
If you like this story let me know please....