Status: Updated Slowly

Family Values

Gun Control

- Ivy -

I sighed after Corie and Zacky had made their dramatic exit...argument probably ending as soon as they hit the front step. I looked toward the rest of the guys who looked at me with apologetic looks. I knew what they did and I know it's hard to remember the importance of not leaving things as big as guns out in the open when their are children around...but what if the twins had woken up..decided that gun looked shiny enough to play with and BANG! I loose one of my girls? I couldn't have that! I wouldn't have that!
That only meant one thing...I couldn't stay in these houses! I knew I felt comfortable in them and the girls where starting too but...it was too dangerous with what the guys did! The girls couldn't be around it! The life the guys led was criminal and I knew Brian didn't want his daughters to be tainted in the way's we had been growing up! They were still very innocent and knew little about guns...never seeing them...never hearing them! I wanted to keep it that way. Even if that meant breaking a few hearts.
"Ivy I'm sorry...I never thought to look on the night stand! After all you never know what your gonna find in there..it's Zacky and Corie's room!" Johnny replied, Matt and Jimmy nodding in agreement.
"I know Johnny but my point is simply this...those 2 girls are that I have to claim in this world! Money and fame is just a luxury when it comes to them...they are my life! Leaving a gun out in the open is something that I will not tolerate due to the fact that Sophia and Heaven have been raised in a violence free atmosphere and that's how it's gonna remain!" I replied as I crossed my arms.
"What are you trying to say Ivy?" Brian asked looking me up and down.
"I'm not trying to say anything...I'm saying I'm taking the girls to a hotel that way I know their not around guns!"
"Ivy..." Matt tried to explain but I turned walking up the steps.
"Ivy..." Brian called as he followed me to the room I was sharing with him. I pulled on my shoes and looked around for my purse. He huffed watching me.
"Don't you think your over reacting?" he replied.
"No...not at all!" I responded as I bent down picking up my coat.
"Ivy it was a harmless gun...the girls were sleeping!" he replied.
"Harmless? A harmless gun? Brian since when is a gun harmless? Are you fuckin ill?" I asked as I looked him.
"Ivy everything is fine!" he replied looking at me.
"No it's not Brian...I'm not gonna stay in a house where the men living in it are to stupid to remember to put their guns away! Shit like that is dangerous!" I replied as I pushed by him.
"Ivy it's in the middle of the god damn night...your not taking them anywhere!" Brian replied as he grabbed my wrist turning me.
"Let go of me or I'll put you back in the god damn hospital Brian! You don't tell me what I can and can't do with my own children!" I replied as I looked at him coldly.
"Since when are they just yours?" he asked.
"Since when where you able to call yourself there father? You've done nothing for them! All you are is another man they've met and will forget as soon as this shit is settled!" I looked him dead in the eye, "Better yet..I'm gonna put them on a plane tomorrow and send them back to New York that way I know they wont be hurt by any shit you and your fucked up brothers get involved in!"
"I feel like I don't even know you anymore!" he replied.
"Jump on the band wagon buddy...I've been on it for years!" I replied as I jerked my wrist free from his grip.
"Ivy..." he started but I walked in the room the girls slept in and shut the door locking it.
I turned looking at them sleeping. They were so adorable and were the spitting image of him. I know I hurt him with the words I said but...when I get going it's hard for me to keep my mouth closed. Shit that has been bottled up for so long comes out and I just cant stop myself.
I love Brian with all of my heart and would easily be with him...but there is something in between that was telling me to think about it! Think about what I was getting ready to sacrifice and put my daughters through! Yes I wanted them to know Brain and the guys...hell they had already fallen in love with everyone! I just didn't want them knowing what they did for a living. Even thought eventually one day the guys will stop and become famous in their passion which is music...they still lived dangerous lives...ones that were deadly and could be ripped out from under them in the snap of a finger. That's what scared the fuck outta me.
I layed down beside the girls looking at them. I wasn't gonna wake them...they were sleeping peacefully. But I meant what I said when I said I was sending them back to New York! I couldn't live with myself if they got hurt in anything that was about to happen! The needed to be safe and they would be back in New York with my friends.
So my plan was to take the girls to the airport and place them on the next flight to New York tomorrow after Mom and Mrs. Kindels funeral! Hopefully everything goes smoothly...but in the pit of my stomach something told me that tomorrow would be the start of it all! Something would happen that would start the ball rolling on our search to find the murders...and it would be no turning back!