Status: Updated Slowly

Family Values

Taken

- Ivy -

As we walked into the funeral home Corie held tightly to my hand. Today I had to hide my sadness. As much as I wanted to breakdown and scream the question that everyone wanted to be answered, 'Why?', I couldn't. I had to be strong for Corie and I didn't want the girls to see me crying. I had the ability to hold in my feelings, always have, since I was a kid. It was something mom claimed I inherited from Dad but...I found it to be my weakness when others found it to be a strength. I knew Corie wanted so badly to have this trait right now to save Zacky's heart from breaking every time a small tear fell down her flawless cheeks, but she didn't. That made me feel somewhat guilty.
Johnny and Matt held open the doors for us to walk in. Inside held both our families and friends of our mothers they had met while helping the community and what not. I looked at Corie as she nudged me slightly. Her face held so much sadness that I just had to wrap my arm around her and keep walking, avoiding looking into her sorrow filled eyes. If I did...I would breakdown...no doubt about it!

What caught my full attention at first was the large mass of guys dressed in suits somewhat matching the guys. They stood against the wall in a huddle and looked up as we entered. Females dressed in almost the same black dress that Corie was wearing sat quietly in chairs, talking quietly to themselves. I looked at Brian who held onto Heaven not really paying attention to anything else at all. I just shook it off and continued walking with Corie until we had reached the front of the funeral home, with 2 full rows of empty seats.

"They saved these for us" Matt informed me as I looked at him. I nodded and walked to the 2 seats in the middle of the front row and sat with Corie who wouldn't let go of me if her life depended on it. I took a deep breath and rocked back and forth lightly, trying to comfort her the best I could.
My attention turned to Jimmy and Brian as they sat Heaven and Sophia down in the chair beside me. They instructed them to stay with me until they returned. I raised a brow and placed my free arm around them trying to hold them close. Brian looked at me and began leaning in for a kiss, which I leaned away from, catching everyone's attention.

"Why are they here?" I whispered in a stern tone, referring to the large group of guys.

"Ivy please not here!" he whispered.

"Get away from me Brian" I replied looking at Corie who just sat there.

He huffed and nodded walking away slowly. I shook my head and looked at the girls who sat there looking around. I felt kinda bad because they didn't know these 2 women we had come here to lay to rest. Their grandmothers never knew they existed, and that's what kinda hurt the most. Sophia and Heaven always called Joel's mom Nana and still went to see her on occasion. I knew if Brian knew about that he would kill Joel...even though I knew he wanted to do that now!

"He's trying ya know?" Corie replied lowly.

"Who?" I asked as I looked down at her.

"Syn. He really is Ivy. Just look at how he has become attached to the girls. It would kill him if you left and never let them have anything to do with him again" she replied looking at me with her eyes.

"I know...and I'm not that cruel." I replied.

"Bullshit...you kept them hidden this long...what makes you think any of us believe that line of shit?" she asked sliding out of my arms and standing.

I watched her as she walked toward the group of sitting females, sitting beside one who had long red hair, who instantly wrapped her arms around her consoling her as I had tried. I took a deep breath and looked back at the twins who where quietly playing rock, paper, scissors. I smiled a bit and then looked toward the 2 caskets that sat in front of us. In those 2 caskets where the 2 women who always gave a damn. Now they were gone and everyone was feeling it. Who could take them from us?
I held back tears as I stood walking toward them and I could feel everyone's eyes burning holes into me. I had to look...it would ease my nerves...I just had too! As I reached out to open the top, a man appeared dressed as a priest. He startled me causing me to step back quickly holding my chest.

"This is a close casket ceremony...please stay away!" he replied sternly.

"Excuse me?" I asked kinda shocked at his tone.

"Take your seat!" he replied again.

"Go to hell!" I shot out hearing gasps all over the funeral home.

I walked up laying both of my hands on the caskets and closed my eyes for a brief moment before opening them glaring daggers at the priest. I then turned looking toward the guys who stood with small smiles on their faces. I shook my head and looked at the twins.

"C'mon girls" I replied holding out my hands to them. They stood and each took a hand as I began walking down the isle toward the doors.

I glanced over at Corie who looked at me kinda shocked. I shook my head and looked ahead and smirked as I passed 2 rather large men who looked out of place. I held the doors open for the girls to walk out of then exited myself. I took their hand and walked toward one of the cars which happened to be my own. I pressed the door unlock button and held the back door open for the twins who climbed in, buckling their seat belts as they normally did. I shut the door and opened the driver door getting inside buckling my seat belt before closing the door.

I sighed as I saw Brain and Jimmy running toward the car and pressed the door lock button as I started the car. I looked back at the girls and smiled.

"What do you girls wanna listen to while Mommy drives?" I asked sweetly.

"Gun N Roses?" Sophia replied looking at Heaven who nodded her head slightly.

I smiled and ignored Brian's tapping on my window as I searched through my CD case, finding the Guns N Roses cd placing it in the player. I cut it up as I began pulling off, Jimmy and Brain running beside the car screaming out things that were inaudible due to the music I was playing. I looked in the rivue mirror as they stopped running and stood in the middle of the road watching the car as I drove off. I took a deep breath and drove back toward the house with thoughts of going to hell for cussing a priest in a funeral home. My mother was probably shaking her head somewhere right now looking at me appalled.

I pulled in the driveway of Mrs. Kindells and cut the car off and unhooking my seat belt. I sighed and pressed the door unlock button and opened the door. When I did I was pulled out violently and the screams of my daughters rang in my ears as we were dragged into a van. I was instantly silenced by duck tap and a bag placed over my head, my arms tied behind my back, and I could no longer hear my daughters crying and screaming. I preyed that everything was ok and someone had seen this happen...and that the guys and Corie would come home soon and find the car the way it was left and find us...because I had the feeling that whoever had us...wanted to hurt the guys...and they were gonna attempt to hurt them by taking more people that meant something to them! Guys...Corie....please HURRY!!!