He Saved Me, Loved Me, Wanted Me

X.

“Brian, leave your hair alone and let’s go,” I laughed as I watched him in the bathroom.

“Babe, this takes time,” Brian said with a smile as he looked back at me from the mirror.

I crossed my arms and leaned on the door frame, still watching him primp and spike his hair.

“We’re just going to see the planner,” I told him, “I don’t think they’d care if your hair isn’t up to par.”

Brian laughed and turned to me. “Hug?”

“Ew, no! Your hands are all… gel-y.”

“C’mon, just one hug.”

“No,” I said with a small laugh of my own.

“Ana, don’t do this to me.” A smile was plastered on his face as he inched toward me.

“Bri, don’t you dare.”

“Ana…,” he whined.

“No!” I squeaked and turned around. I ran down the stairs, Brian fast on my heels.

“Don’t fall!” He said as he caught me with the gel ridden hands.

“Ew! That is so gross!” I whined while he cleaned off his hands on my shirt.

“You know you like it.”

“Not really!” I said, “Okay, that does it!” I ruffled my hands all through his hair, messing it up.

“Hey!”

I laughed. “That’s what you get.”

“No, not really.” He took his turn to mess up my hair this time, working extra to get the rest of the gel off there.

“How do you use that shit? It’s so gross!” I said, pushing away from him. “You’re no fair.”

“Whoever said I played fair?” Brian asked with a laugh. I eyed him.

“I’m gonna go get changed.” I ran up the stairs and quickly changed my shirt. I then ran back down. “What am I going to do about this?” I asked, pointing at my head.

“What about it?” Brian asked, looking up from putting his shoes on.

“I look like I just had sex… and so do you.”

Brian shrugged and walked over to me. He grabbed my waist and kissed my lips a few times. “It looks good on you,” he told me. I giggled and pushed away to grab my purse.

“Okay, let’s go,” I said, waiting for him to walk over to me.

---

“Hi, are you Ana Whitaker and Brian Haner?” a very petit woman, whose height I could only compare to Leana asked us. Her hair was a deep red and she wore a small, yet adorable wedding ring. She looked about Brian’s age, maybe younger and her eyes were a light green.

“Yes we are,” Brian said for us.

“I am Jillian Carmichael, call me Jill, and I guess I’m planning your wedding. This way, let‘s step into my humble… office.”

I smiled at her and Brian tightened his hand against mine a bit as we stepped into her office. It wasn’t super glamorous, one of those normal offices you would most likely see in LA. Brian and I sat down on one side of the oak desk while Jill sat on the other side.

“So,” she started, “Have any ideas? Big wedding, small?”

Brian and I looked at each other, then back at her. “We… haven’t really talked about that,” I told her.

Jill laughed and grabbed a folder. “That’s what I’m here for! People have all different types of weddings. Since this is California, some have their’s on the beach. Or you could go more traditional and go in a church-”

“I don’t know if I’d be comfortable in a church,” I said.

“Why?” both her and Brian asked.

“I’m pregnant…,” I said slowly, “I would feel awkward.”

“Oh, well that’s fine. Whatever you wish.” Jill was extra… cheery.

“Any ideas?” Brian asked me.

I shook my head. “You?”

“How about the beach?” he said, “Yeah, cause I basically grew up on the beach. It’s great.”

“But then you’d have to worry about the sand and the tides…,” I trailed.

“No problem,” Jill said. I looked at her with a ‘Huh?’ expression on my face. She just laughed and took out some pictures from a folder. Handing them to Brian and I, we looked over them. They were pictures of wedding ceremonies on the beach. This one had its own little mini stage.

“We could do that,” Brian suggested, pointing to the picture. I sighed.

“I don’t know, I’d still be worried about the sand and the water…”

“That’s avoidable. If you choose to do a platform, we can have it away from the water,” Jill said. Brian handed back the pictures.

“See?” he asked me.

“I’d have to think it over,” I told them. They just nodded.

“Okay, so is the wedding going to be big or small?” Jill asked us.

“It would just be family and close friends, no more than one hundred people,” Brian told her.

Jill nodded and wrote this down. “Who’s walking you down the isle?” she asked me. This question made me freeze.

“My dad is, Brian Haner Sr.,” Brian said immediately.

“Have you talked to him about it?” I asked quickly.

“No need to. I already know the answer.” His grin was back. I sighed inwardly. I looked back to Jill and just shrugged.

“So is that a yes or a no?” she asked.

“Yes,” Brian replied.

Jill nodded and wrote this down. “And the date?”

“I want it to be soon,” I looked to Brian and smiled. “Before I get too big for a dress.”

“What would you like the date to be?”

“When are we leaving for Paris?” Brian asked me.

“Paris?” Jill asked.

“Yeah… for, personal reasons.” I turned my attention back to Brian. Yes. I’m going to Paris. I finally thought it over and Mr. Ames said I wouldn’t be more than a couple days. So… why the hell not? Plus, Brian’s coming with me. “In a couple days,” I replied.

“How about next month?” Brian asked me.

“Sounds good,” I told him with a smile.

“Okay, so I’ll look for some venues, and -”

“We can have it on the beach behind our house,” Brian said like he just had an epiphany. Jill and I laughed at his face.

“Okay, Mr. Haner. I have your contact info here, so I’ll look into seeing if it’ll be okay for this purpose. For the next meeting, think of what you want things to look like, like color schemes and such. And you should start looking for a wedding dress, since it‘s only a month away.”

“But I’ll be a different size then,” I told her.

Jill laughed. “Get a size or so bigger and if it’s too different, then we’ll get you a tailor.”