He Saved Me, Loved Me, Wanted Me

XVIII.

“Hey… Ana, hey Ana, wake up!” a feminine voice greeted me. Oh, God, Gena. Why? Not this again.

“Yeah Ana, you silly sleepy head wake up!” another greeted me. Valary!

I groaned and rolled over. I didn’t have Brian to get me out of this one. I was on my own.

“C’mon, Ana! We found a map… to Candy Mountain! Candy Mountain, Ana!” I really wasn’t happy with Gena right now.

“Yeah, Ana! We’re going to Candy Mountain! Come with us Ana!” Or Val.

“Yeah, Ana! It’ll be an adventure! We’re going on an adventure, Ana!”

“Valary DiBenedetto, Gena Paulhus, let me sleep, you crack heads!” I groaned out.

“No… that stuff gets you killed by deranged fathers! Ana! You have to come with us to Candy Mountain!”

“Yeah Ana! Candy Mountain! It’s a land of sweets and joy… and joyness!” Val jumped on the guest bed I was sleeping on and started jumping cattycornered to me.

“Candy Mountain, Ana! Candy Mountain!” they said together.

“No!” I whined like a child.

“Yes! You’re getting married today, you silly sleepyhead!” Gena said, tugging on my arm. I tried my best to keep my eyes closed.

“And we’re your maids of honor!” Val added.

I didn’t have any bridesmaids. Just maids of honor. That was all the girls. I couldn’t choose. Neither could Brian.

“Let’s wake up! Wake up! Wake up!” a new voice chirped. I opened one eye and saw Leana hover over me.

I groaned. “What time is it?”

“Eleven.”

I sighed. Wasn’t even noon yet. “Hi Michelle. Is Lacey here too?”

“Yup!” Michelle said cheerily back.

“You need a shower, Ana, let’s go! Get your pregnant ass out of bed!” Val said. I whined, protested and sighed but I finally sat up, giving them all glares. If I was able to sleep with Brian, knowing he was safe then I’d be better. But no. I wouldn’t even be able to talk to him. Not until the wedding.

Which I was extremely nervous about, mind you. I’d be seeing Brian, all cleaned up and in a tux, ready to give myself over to him… ‘till death do us part.

And I couldn’t be happier.

“Shower,” Val commanded.

“Fine, fine,” I groaned and stood up. I took a long hot shower, making sure to shave where I needed to. I also made sure my hair was extra free of soap and conditioner.

When I got out, I dried off and rubbed cocoa butter on my stomach. It helped with the stretch marks and kept the itching at bay. I used some more lotion on my hands and feet, making sure my skin was smooth. I wrapped my hair in a towel and pulled on some underwear and sweats before walking out of Gena’s bathroom and into the kitchen.

“Morning,” Zacky said, seemingly just walking in the door. “You smell good.”

I laughed. “Thanks, but shouldn’t you be with Brian?” I asked.

“Hey, Gena’s making me food!” I peered around the corner and sure enough there she was.

“Bullshit, this is for the bride. Go get someone else to make you breakfast. Now shoo.”

Zacky laughed. “Okay, okay. It’s cool.”

“Zack, go! Before you turn all the luck we have into bad luck!” Val protested.

“How’s Brian?” I asked.

“Excited. Nervous.” I smiled. At least I wasn’t the only one.

“Tell him I love him, yeah?”

Zacky nodded and headed toward the door. “See you chicks later.”

“Bye, dipshit!” the girls yelled back.

“Come get it! But Ana gets hers first!” Gena called to us. I stuck my tongue out at the unsuspecting and made my way to the kitchen and grabbed me a plate with a glass of milk.

“Thank you Gena. I love you,” I called.

“You are welcome, my dear,” she said, pulling down more plates. “After we all eat we’re starting on your hair.”

“Yeah, I knew it was coming,” I told her, walking into the front room.

“What time do we have to be at your place?” Michelle asked me upon my return into the living room. The wedding was going to be on the beach, like was talked about before. We were all meeting at our house, just… being in separate rooms. I don’t know how this would work out.

“Uhm…Jill said to be there about four thirty.

“I still want to get your hair done beforehand!” Gena called out.

“I know,” I mumbled and sat down on the couch, poking my eggs with my fork.

Soon everyone was in the living room eating their food and watching TV. I just looked at the set like it was foreign. “What are you guys watching?” I asked.

“Cartoons,” Lacey said nonchalantly, stuffing toast into her mouth. I watched as a talking yellow sponge walked around, his shoes squeaking.

“What is this?” I asked.

“Spongebob Squarepants,” Val said.

“It’s… weird,” I said, “I haven’t watched TV in so long.

“It’s Spongebob,” Michelle said with a laugh.

“It’s bound to happen,” Leana finished.

We all soon finished and Gena started on my hair. “I’m so said,” Gena said.

“Why?” I asked her.

“There’s not as much to work with.”

“Aww, poor baby, I’m sure you’ll figure something out.”

“Have you worked on your vows?” Val asked, sitting across from me as I stayed in the kitchen chair. Leana, Lacey, and Michelle’s heads turned to me.

“Yeah. I know they’re perfect.”

I wouldn’t let anything but perfection happen.