Drowning Lessons

You'll Never Make Me Leave...

Gerard’s POV

Those two weeks had gone by fast. Dude, those were the best two weeks of my life… Considering I had Frankie, all we did was go to Starbucks and act like retards, exchanging kisses along the way… Is this the definition perfect?

I held Frankie’s hand as we returned to school. The boys were beside us as we walked on the front lawn towards the main doors. All conversation stopped as all eyes fell on us, just like that Starbucks incident. It was deathly quiet. I gripped Frankie’s hand even harder; he squeezed back.

“I love you,” He whispered. I smiled. “I love you too.”

We continued walking and made our way inside. The hallway was already packed and again, everything went silent. We walked past Rick and his cronies, “Sup RICK.” He glared at me. The asshole’s face was puffy and bruised; he was on crutches. Rogan was missing. Tony’s face was all swollen. Man… We sure gave these guys a beating. I laughed at the thought.

“Where’s Rogan?”

Rick glared at me, “In the hospital.”

I grinned, “I see… Well, goodbye RICK.” I loved my sarcastic voice… It was so badass.

I dropped Frankie off at his locker and gave him a swift kiss on the cheek. His face is so soft and… Well… Kissable… Rawr. I love kissable faces. “I love you, hun,” I whispered. “I love you too Gee-Bear,” He replied. We smiled at each other and parted ways. I noticed people were still staring at me. More homophobes hey?

I turned to the boys, who, by the way, were still walking with me, “I’m gonna go guys… See you later!” I turned away and felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Bob. “Hey man,” He said, “Be careful okay? Just cause we beat the shit out of some jocks doesn’t mean we are unstoppable.” I nodded. I put my hand on his shoulder in return, “I’ll be fine dude.” Bob nodded back.

I jogged to my locker and pulled out my Science binder. I quickly made my way into the room… Spotting Miss Campbell, she’s my favorite teacher. I sat myself down in the front desk, which I only tend to do in Science. You see… I actually like Science.

I totally forgot who was in my class until I glanced beside me. Frankie was on my left side, Mikey was on my right. Bob was beside Frankie and Ray was seated beside Mikey.

The only downsides: Jocks in the back. Yeah, you know the guys we kicked the shit out of? We are gonna have to endure some spitballs to the back of our little heads. Bastards.

I smiled at Frankie, “Hey babe! I didn’t remember you guys were in the same class as me…” I trailed off because the bell rung. Miss Campbell stood at the front, brandishing a piece of chalk and a coffee.

Frankie grinned, “Yeah…” He outstretched his hand as I took it.. God I love this guy, “How are you dear?”

I smirked, “I am fine. You?”

“Well, the moment just got better,” He winked. Haha. Sneaky little boy.

I turned to Mikey, “Sup bro! Feeling left out?”

Mikey put on an emo face and quivered his lip, “Yee-aaa-hhh.” I chuckled at that and ruffled his hair. “You are a retard,” I joked. He pretended to cry. All of us started laughing. Ray laughed especially hard, which made me laugh harder… Meaning since we both have funny laughs, all the boys started laughing harder… And then Frankie laughed harder… Meaning we all died. You get the point… It was just really fucking funny.

We regained our posture as Miss Campbell smacked my desk, “Mr. Way,” She joked. I smiled, my ribs hurt. “Yee-ees?” She smacked my head, “Ow!” The boys laughed at me as smacked me upside the head again, “Pay attention!” I held my head, whimpering.

Frankie kissed my forehead better, “I’ll never let them hurt you,” He whispered. My heart nearly stopped. We stared at each other for five minutes until Miss Campbell smacked both of us in the head. “Pay attention lovebirds,” Damnit. I blushed immensely. The room flooded with laughter again… I heard the word ‘fag’ resonate from the back of the room and I ignored it. Frankie sure heard it… I saw him turn around and glare at Rick.. We all knew what he was saying.

Is it right to love other men?

Frankie’s POV

I love Science class… Miss Campbell rules man!

The only drag was those goddamn jocks in the back… We all heard what they were saying. It hurt me. I know it hurt my baby Gerard. Whenever I heard the word ‘fag’ I looked at him. He flinched. I started rubbing his hand. My poor Gerard. I leant over to his ear, “I will never let them hurt you.”

When he had realized what I said we stared at each other for five minutes. I was lost in his eyes. My head was pulled above water when Miss Campbell smacked us both in the head… That gave everybody a hoot… It was embarrassing.. Gee turned ten shades of red!

I heard the word ‘fag’ and snapped around to glare at Rick, who immediately shut up… I am quite sure they are scared of us now… I turned back to the front. I leant over and kissed Gerard on the cheek when Miss Campbell wasn’t looking, “Don’t listen to their shit Gee.” He nodded and brushed the hair out of my eyes.

All of a sudden I heard the word ‘butt fuckers’ escape the mouth of Rick. He had said it too loud.. Even Miss Campbell had heard it. Bob sprung up from his chair and threw his binder full force at Rick’s head, hitting him square in the fucking noggin. “Shut the fuck up,” He screamed. Thank you Bob. Rick immediately shut up.

Miss Campbell went to Rick’s desk and yanked him by his shirt collar, “Out. Now!” Rick protested, “But, I-”

She threw him outside the door, “OUT!” The door was slammed shut. “If anybody has a problem with this, then leave!” I was shocked to see the entire back row leave their desks and walk outside. Was it really this bad?

I looked at Gerard. I spotted a tear dripping from his eye. I quickly brought him to his feet. “Miss Campbell, may we leave for a sec?” She nodded, “Be careful.”

“Thank you.”

Gerard and me walked to the washroom… I cradled his head in my arms as we made our way, spotting no one. Thank god.

I swung open the door and lead Gerard to the sink. We stopped. “Gerard?”

He was still crying.

“Babe?”

Still crying.

I hugged him tightly, he wrapped his arms around my body. I kissed him passionately on the lips, “Gee, don’t take their shit okay?” He nodded, obviously not hearing what I’d said. I brought his face to mine.. His head was already lowered so it wasn’t much trouble positioning it so his face met mine. “Gee.”

“Yeah,” He hiccupped.

“Are you uncomfortable with this relationship?”

He slowly nodded, “Too much public attention.”

I smirked, “I understand okay?”

He nodded.

“Do you want to tone it down a little?” I asked.

He shook his head, sounding very hesitant, “No babe... I’m just not used to this.”

I smiled and gave him another big smooch on the lips. I wrapped my hands around his waist and rocked him back and forth, “I’ll never let them hurt you Gee. You are mine.”

Mine. I reassured myself; what if they did hurt him?

I shook the thought.

You are mine.