Drowning Lessons

Give Me All Your Poison.

Gerard's POV

That afternoon at home, I couldn't get the images of today out of my mind.

Butt fuckers. Rick had called us butt fuckers.

Not like that mattered. I told myself I didn't care what that homophobic asshole thought. And I really didn't. That still didn't stop it from hurting.

I really hoped I hadn't hurt Frankie. I mean, he seemed very understanding about it, but I would be crushed if he told me that he was uncomfortable with this.

I decided it really wasn't that bad. As long as I had him, nothing could touch me. Contrary to what Bob said, we WERE unstoppable.

I need to tell Frankie about my new revelation. I wanted to do everything with him. I always wanted to be with him. Everyone who had a problem with that could suck my homosexual dick.

I looked at my clock. it was 3:00. Right after the episode in the science room I had gone home. Frankie understood. He always does. He had stayed though, he had an important test next period. He said he'd call me when he got home. I was so looking forward to that. He's one of those people where if he says he'll call you or visit you, he'll damn well do it. Come hell or high water.

With lovely thoughts and images of Frankie going through my mind, and the warmth from the sunlight streaming through my bedroom window, I fell into a peaceful sleep.

I awoke with a jolt. A strong, cold breeze was coming through my window. I walked up and shut it. Looking outside, I realized that it was raining, quite hard, and it was accompanied by thunder and lightning. The sky was black with clouds, and I had no idea how long I'd been sleeping for. I looked at my clock. 5:32. Shit, Frankie! I'd probably missed his call. He probably thought I was avoiding him because I still felt uncomfortable about today. Damniiiit!

I checked my phone. There were no messages.

And Frankie hadn't called.

Frank's POV

3:15. Finally. I get to go home and check up on my baby.

I hoped he was okay. If those assholes had hurt him real bad, I'd kill them.

I walked out to my shitty little car, taking the key out of my pocket. Before I could open the door, I heard a sound behind me.

Rick.

Lovely.

"What's up, Nancy?" he said.

"I'm not in the mood, Rick. Please. Haven't you done enough today?" I pleaded.

"Oh, I haven't even BEGUN, Sally. We're gonna show you what happens to queers in my school," as he said that, I realized he had brought a few of his friends from our Science class. Not the ones whose shit we had kicked, but some homo haters nonetheless.

"Why can't you just leave us alone? We've done nothing to you, besides defend ourselves. We just want to be together and be left alone," I realized I'd said the wrong thing. As soon as I'd said "be together", Rick cringed and advanced.

"You're a little faggot."

He uppercutted me. At the same time, I was about to protest, so I bit my tongue at the punch and blood spurted everywhere.

That does it. I'm fucking sick of this shit. I came at him and threw all my strength into my punch. It sent him backwards into one of his friends.

Faster than I could blink, 2 of his friends had me pinned against my car.

Once he recovered from the blow, he strode towards me.

"You touch me again, choir boy, and your little lover is fucking DEAD," he spat.

I couldn't believe it. He knew exactly what would hit home the hardest. I was pretty sure he wouldn't do anything to Gerard besides scare the shit out of him, but even that was bad. And I couldn't take a chance.

"FUCK YOU! Keep your fucking hands off of him!" I screamed. There were tears of frustration in my eyes, but also, of fear. Fear for what could happen. Not to me. To Gerard. My love.

I couldn't help it. They spilled down my face, and the 3 guys began to laugh.

"Awwh, should we leave the little faggot alone, boys? Think we've done enough? Awwh, look, he's cryin like a little giiirl," said one of his dumb assed friends.

The look of fury in Rick's eyes said 'fuck no'.

I prepared myself for the beating of a lifetime.

And that is exactly what I got.

Rick unleashed what I believed was every ounce of pent up rage and frustration he'd ever held against anyone-- on me.

When he was tired, or whatever made him quit, he turned me over to his friend. I was numb by then. I couldn't feel anything but the fierce sense of loyalty in my heart. I would take any number of beatings for Gerard. Any number at all. I would die for him.

All 3 guys had had their turn, and left. I lay on the ground, limp, half conscious, throbbing everywhere.

Yet, I found myself thinking about one thing. And only one thing.

And this was the only thing that caused me pain.

"I hope Gerard doesn't think I left him hanging on purpose...."