Juvy

One Morning

I woke up one morning feeling dazed. My head was spinning and for a brief moment I didn't know where I was. All I remember was waking up and seeing 2:37 am flashing on my alarm clock. When suddenly pain struck my head. I immediately rested my hand on it and noticed a huge bump. Where had that come from?

A moment later I realized I still had my clothes on.

"What?" I stammered in disbelief. A fierce knocking came from the other side of my door. My mother walked in and I looked at her questionably.

"Tell me you didn't do it!" My mother exclaimed. It seemed like she was crying.

"Do what?" I asked when the thought finally came to me. I didn't. I thought to myself. I had just remembered that last night right before I fell asleep I had fully destroyed a warehouse with my neighbor and closed friend Jeremy.

"Just tell me you didn't do it Kayla." I looked at her feeling a sudden rush.

" I did." I said doubtfully. My mother rushed out of the room. I was confused now remembering what the bump on my head had come from.

Last night me and Jeremy escaped from our bedside windows. We met at the Sales Warehouse at precisely 1 am. I crawled onto his back and he hoisted my onto the window sill. With a large rock I broke the window and we both crawled inside. I remember beating, breaking and simply destroying every box and object we could find. We erased data from the computers and ripped apart important documents.

That's when I remember hitting my head on a large pipe and falling onto the hard cement floor at precisely 2:37am.

Then I slightly remember being carried and a worried tone talking to itself that I now knew was Jeremy.

Suddenly two large men abruptly stomped into my room leaving muddy boot prints permanently stained on my bedroom carpet. RCMP was stamped on all their equipment and I knew why they were here. My mom hugged my dad and they were standing in the hallway terrified.

"Kayla McQuigg?" The blonde one asked. I nodded. "It seems you and your friend Jeremy Tonburrow were seen breaking in to the Sales Warehouse last night. Do you recall any of this information?" I bowed my head ashamed. The black haired on sighed.

"Breaking in to a building is a federal crime you know that don't you?" Again I nodded. "Take her away." The black haired one announced.

Following her first reaction my mother screamed. "NO!" she yelled. My dad refrained her from running toward me. I sat up as the blonde one cuffed me and began walking me out to the police car. A small tear ran down my cheek as the blonde officer opened the door of the cruiser. I paused and looked back at my house. This was going to be a long five months.