Juvy

Breakfast

My eyes were wide.

"Jeremy!" I called. He turned his head but continued to yell and kick.

"Jeremy it's no use." I scolded. "Jeremy I'm so glad you're okay! I mean, what happened at your house? Did you tell your parents? Are they coming to set you free? What about my parents? Will they set me free? Jeremy talk to me!"

Jeremy was now in his own cell to the left of mine. I could tell he was exhausted. He was sweating and panting. He looked up at me. There were dark circles around his eyes and I knew he didn't want to talk to me. Ignoring that feeling I spoke.

"Jeremy... tell me what happened." I said almost caught feeling his emotions. I started to cry. Little tears flowed down my face and I wanted to hug my mother. I walked over to my bed and cryed myself to sleep. I hoped this was all just a bad dream.

The next morning I awoke to the sound of chomping, slurping and chewing. My dad doesn't eat that loud,I thought. And why is my bed so stiff. I then shot up. I looked around. I was at Grovdale Juvy. My heart skipped a beat disappointment thrived in me.

I turned to look at Jeremy. He was sitting on his bed with a breakfast looking straight at him from the floor. I licked my lips. I was simply starving. I craved my dad's homemade flapjacks with mom's homemade jam. I missed the aroma of toast filling the kitchen before me and my little brother David went to school.

Comming out of my thoughts I looked over at Taylor. He was the one chomping like a grizzly bear on a deer leg. There was no food for me and I wanted to squeeze through the bars and grab Jeremy's.

"Oh you're up." A voice came from the left of me. The blonde haired officer went down the hall and the swinging door closed behind him. A moment later he returned holding a pan of glop that looked like cement.

"You're breakfast madame." he offered like he was a waiter in a fancy french restaurant.

"This is breakfast?" I asked.

"Sorry ran out of eggs and toast." The officer chuckled. But if he's not eating any you could probably have his eggs." the officer pointed at Jeremy who was still sitting in that odd position looking at the bars in front of him.

"Here feed this to the dog." I said happy to get rid of the reeking glop. "Take it away from me!" I demanded handing the officer the glop. Laughing he walked back down the hallway with it.

"Jeremy can I at least have your glo... breakfast?" I asked in a very polite tone. Jeremy kicked the tray and it hit the bars between us. I reached over and pulled it through to my cell. Now I was the one sounding like a grizzly bear. Even though the eggs tasted kinda gross I inhaled it eating every last bit. I was hoping that would keep me until lunch.