Juvy

Moonlight

I sat on my bed, tears running down my cheeks. Sometimes the tears felt annoying but I ignored the feeling. Moonlight streamed through the window above me and cascaded down to the floor.

A gentle brush came from behind and I immediately turned thinking it could be someone trying to hurt me. It was Sarah. Her eyes were more gentle now. Her face was still pale and her hair was still stringy, but she seemed calmer then she was about five hours ago.

"What do you want?" I scuffed angrily, thinking she would probably make fun of me to.

"I just tapped in to say hi." she began. "It also just sorta hit e who you were. And I'm sorry the way I acted and such."

I looked at her confused. "But you're so............ so perfect!" I exclaimed. "What the hell are you doing in juvy?"

She looked rather embarrassed. Like she had just admitted who her crush was. "I snuck into the teachers house at night and covered it with toilet paper. Also when his dog came near me I accidentally killed it." She slowly began to cry.

I now knew how much she didn't want to be here as much as I did. I knew if there were no bars between mine and her's I would have given her a big hug. One like I wish I could have about now.

I herd a stirring sound and turned my head to Taylor. He had gotton out a stick and was carving a point at the end. I looked more intently at him thinking something that wasn't imaginable. What if he were trying to escape?....