Juvy

The Unthinkable

They let me back into my cell after about two hours of outside time. I felt kinda like a little kid at a daycare center. But ignored the fact that in a daycare center they don't lock up little kids in cells. I slumped onto my bed.

My hair was stringy, I REALLY needed a shower. Sadly they only give showers every four or five days here. Plus the showers are mucky and gross. I don't think anyone would even dare to step in those things bare footed.

I looked over at Jeremy. The last couple days he was starting to get his old spunk back. He was talking to other people, making a couple new friends. You wouldn't exactly think that people would make a lot of of friends in jail, but you gottta pass time somehow.

I looked over at Taylor. Again, he was carving that stupid stick. It was getting rather pointy at the end. My mind started to storm. All the things he could use that retarded thing for. I remembered what I had thought earlier. Maybe he was trying to escape...

I sat up on my bed and walked a little closer to the edge of my cell. Taylor looked up.

"Look kid, if your here to give me shit again I'm not doin' anythin'."

"You sure 'bout that?" I asked. Taylor nodded. "What's the stick for?" I asked intently.

"Oh this? This is just a... well it's for a...." I raised an eyebrow. Quietly he approached the edge of his cell too. In a hushed tone he said,

"The stick is to help me escape. I didn't want to tell anybody but since you might tell someone cause your that kinda girl, I'm just an ass that I'm tellin you this."

"You could go to court for this you know hat right?"

"Already have darlin'. Been to court been to juvy, and everywhere in between. I just couldn't help but gasp.But the more I thought about it the more it sounded, real. I didn't know if i was really going to let him get away with this, but I had a funny feeling I was going to do something incredibly stupid.