Status: finished ; )

I Hate You

twenty-three.

“Told you they liked each other!” Rian’s voice was the first thing I heard as I slowly became conscious. I kept my eyes closed and took notice of the warm body against mine.
“Nuh uh! You said Jack liked her, you didn’t say she liked him back!” That was Alex acting like a six year old.
“Well, I think her part was a given.”
“Psht, she practically hated him when we got here. I had better chances that he did.”
“Technically, she did hate him when we got here.” Zack interrupted the two’s bickering. “But I guess they patched things up. And you lost your chance when you tried to pull that cheesy line bull shit.”
“You told her!” Alex exploded and the body undermine stirred. I decided it was about time to officially wake up.
“Shutthefuckup,” Jack grumbled and an arm slung over me.
“Nice going Alex.” Zack added sarcastically.
“Jackass.” Alex coughed and then laughed as I listened to a scuffle of some sort.
I sighed and sat up, ignoring the tightening grip around my waist. “Stop before you break something!” The room went completely silent and still at sudden yell.
“Sorry to wake you, Ell.” Alex shoved Zack off of him and gave me big puppy eyes. He looked cute, but I knew now that he wasn’t as innocent as he plays.
“It’s fine, Alex. What is it that you guys needed?” I ran a hand through my hair, trying to calm it down some as I softened my voice.
“Well, actually, we came for Jack. Our flight leaves for Maryland in two hours and we’ve got to get to the airport.” My shoulders slumped at Rian’s words. I hadn’t even thought about the boys leaving, but of course they’d have to. They didn’t live here. They were only here for work.
“Oh.” I sighed and glanced over my shoulder at Jack. He was staring at the ceiling and his lips were turned down in a frown.
“You’re coming to see us off, right?” I turned back to Alex’s puppy eyes and felt my heart sink more. It wouldn’t be just Jack that I’d miss. This is why you’re not supposed to get attached!
“Sure.” I mumbled and pushed myself up from the bed, heading straight for the bathroom and my shower.
I could hear the boy’s voices before I turned on the water. There were a few tears I couldn’t fight back as I stared in the mirror.
I’d let him get to me again, but I tried my hardest to tell myself it wasn’t a mistake as I stepped into the warm shower.
♠ ♠ ♠
it's short and to the point : ) sorry there's no cutesy fluff;
xooxDee