What's in the Heart Is What Matters

The werewolves

You went inside and. . .

everything was a mess! The piano was upside down, the glasses were broken, everything looked horrible.

"What happened?" you asked Edward.

"I don't know, I came back and it was already like this." he said.

You sniffed the air. "I smell something weird." you said.

Edward sniffed the air too. Then he got all mad. "I can't believe they did this!"

"Who?" you asked. "Edward, who did this?"

"It was them. The dogs."

"Dogs?" you asked. "Dogs did this?"

"Not just any dogs. Werewolves."

"Ugh." you scrunched up your nose. "That's why it smells so bad."

"Yeah."

"Where is everybody else?"

"Hunting. They mongrels took the chance that no one was home to do this."

"But why?"

"I don't know." Then there was a knock on the door. "It's Bella." He went and opened the door.

"Hi Edward." She said, kissing him. You turned away. He stiffened. "What's wrong?" she asked.

"Look." Edward said, pointing to the room.

"What happened?" she asked. "Who did this?"

"Werewolves." you answered in disgust. She looked shocked.

"We don't know for sure." Edward said, shocking you. "But it smells like them."

"It couldn't be them." she said. "They couldn't, they wouldn't!"

"I know." Edward said, comforting her.

You looked at this conversation with confusion. You decided to ask Edward. *What the hell is going on?* you asked him. *Why are you defending those dogs*

*I'll tell you later.* he responded. *Not with Bella here though.*

*What does this have to do with her?* you asked, confused.

*Later.* he said, with a tone of finality.

*Fine.* you answered, mad. Just then, everyone came home. They didn't looked the least bit shocked. Alice probably saw it.

"Bella, you should go home." Edward said.

"No. I'm staying with you." she said.

"No Bella. I want you to be safe." he said.

She looked into his eyes. "Alright. But you better call me later."

"I will." As soon as she left Edward asked Alice, "What did you see?"

"Nothing." she said. "All I saw was you two talking infront of the mess."

"Alice didn't see anything?" you asked. "But how can that be? What does that mean?"

"It means that it was the dogs. Or at least they were involved with it." Edward answered.

You thought this was a good time to ask him why he was acting so weird. And why he was defending the dogs. "Edward wh--"

He cut you off. "Not now."

You glared at him. "Fine." You ran outside and went into the forest. You went deep into the forest. You made sure they (the Cullens) couldn't hear or see you. You started tearing down trees. "Why does he keep me out of EVERYTHING?!?" you yelled to no one. You were so mad. Then you broke down. You sat down. If you could cry you would right now. You put your face in your hands. "Ugh!" you yelled.

You heard someone walk towards you. It didn't smell like dog, it smelled like. . .vampire!

"Why are you so mad?" someone asked behind you. You turned around and saw. . .