What's in the Heart Is What Matters

Gone

You walked in and. . .the house was empty! Not the furniture or anything, but there was no one there.

You told Janet, "They're probably just hunting."

"Yeah, you're probably right." So you both sat on the couch and started watching TV. You watched a movie for 3 hours. Then you started to get worried. You decided to give them 2 more hours and then you would go looking for them.

After 2 hours, you asked Janet if she wanted to go looking for them. She agreed. So you went as far as the Washington borders. They were nowhere to be found.

"I wonder where they are." you said. "I am freaking out!"

"Don't worry, I'm sure they're fine." Janet reassured you. "I'm sure they know what they're doing."

"Yeah, you're right." you said. "Let's head back to the house."

"Alright."

So you headed back to the house. You were reading a book when you had a brilliant idea. You were going to call them. You called Alice's cell phone. It rang two times and then you heard the operator say, "The number you are trying to reach does not exist. Make sure you dialed it right. For more information--" you shut the phone off. How could it not exist? You've dialed it before! You dialed Emmett's number. The same thing happened. You dialed Carlisle's, Rosalie's, Esme's, all of their's! The operator said it did not exist!

You were about to look around the house when Janet said, "Well, Linda, I've got to go, My mate is probably waiting for me. I'm two hours late. I'm sorry!"

"It's fine. I understand. Maybe you'll get to see them another time."

"Okay. Good luck in finding them."

"Thanks. Bye."

"Bye!"

You went upstairs and into your room. You sniffed the air. Alice had been in here not long ago. Probably when you were out looking for them! You followed the smell into your closet. You opened your closet and found a note at the bottom that had not been there before. You were about to open it when you heard someone approaching. You stuffed it in your pocket and went downstairs.

You just got at the bottom of the stairs when the front door flung open. You saw a figure at the door. It looked familiar. You suddenly gasped and your eyes opened wide when you realized who it was. It was. . .