Why is loving him so hard?

He feels pity towards me.

Kelly' s Pov
I stepped outside. The cool breeze felt perfect against my skin. Sue was dragging me along with her.

"Come on Kelly, walk faster, we're gonna be late," Sue whined.

"I'm tired, I barely got any sleep last night," I complained, which was true. I looked around. The school really was big. There were about three different buildings. I walked into the building, and the usual scent of lemons filled my nostrils. I'd realized this school did smell a lot like lemons. Whatever. I walked into my first period math class. I had Sidney in that class. I went to where she was sitting and sat next to her.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked, smiling.

"Nothing really, whats new with you?" Sidney asked back, staring at my face weirdly. "And wth happened to your jaw?" Sidney' s eyes turned wide.

"Is it that bad?" I said, shuddering at the thought of Tommy.

"Well, I mean, if your far away, it's not bad, but when your close," Sidney stammered.

I looked down. When I'd looked in the mirror, it hadn't seemed that bad. Mabye it had swelled some more. I looked back up and saw that Sidney was staring at me.

"How' d that happen?" She asked.

"Oh, um , I was playing catch with my neighbor and he threw the ball a little to hard, by accident, and hit me right in the jaw," I lied, not knowing if she would buy it.

"Oh, weird, but makes sense," Sidney said. Just then, the weirdest thing happened. Rick, who was in that class, got up and sat down next to me. Huh?

"Hey, what's up?" He asked. Um. Am I supposed to hate Rick, just because he's Tommy' s brother.

"Well, what do you think is up?" I said, and pointed to my jaw. I gave him an evil glare. He actually looked hurt. Maybe Tommy' s little brother wasn't like him. Maybe?

"I'm really sorry about that. He just gets out of control sometimes," Rick said, referring to Tommy.

"I'm sorry if I sound rude or something, but why are you talking to me? Don't you hate me? Isn't your goal to kill me, just like Tommy and the others?" I asked.

"Hold up, I'm confused. What are you guys talking about?" Sidney cut in.

Rick and I decided to ignore her.

"Trust me Kelly, Tommy's not as bad of a person as you think he is. I'm not only saying this because he's my brother. I know what he did to you was beyond fucked up. That's why I'm here. I feel bad about what he did.So, I wanted to say sorry," Rick said.

"Wait, what. I'm so confused." Sidney said.

"Well, thanks Rick, that's really cool of you. Thanks a lot." I replied smiling. Wow! At least Tommy' s brother had a heart. He wasn't a compete dick like Tommy.

"Cool, Ima go back to my seat now, but don't be afraid to talk to me," Rick stated, getting up.

Rick's Pov

I felt so much better after doing that. That had to ease up her nerves. I listened to Mr. Smith dale go on and on about equations, until finally, the bell rang. I looked over at Kelly. Damn, she was beautiful. She had eyes to die for. Fuck! I was falling for her. I knew it. Kelly caught me looking at her and she smiled. Man, she makes me weak in the knees. I'm a sucker for blonds.

Kelly' s Pov

Omg! Rick was totally smiling at me. I could feel my insides get all jiggly. He was so cute! I got up and went to my second period Biology class when the bell rang. The day was going by very quickly. Before I knew it, it was time for lunch. I walked to the lunchroom. Great. If I sat with Sidney and Claire, I was going to have to tell Sidney about the conversation Rick and me were having first period. I told her I would tell her everything next time I saw her. I decided on getting lunch today. I was actually hungry. Of course, Tommy and his crew got their food first, then sat down. I was looking at them and I caught Rick look at me. I turned away, my face red. How embarrassing! He saw me staring at them like a freak.

Tommy' s Pov

I saw Kelly. She had just gotten off the line and was walking towards her table. Perfect time to show that bitch who owns this school. I walked up from behind her. Should I push her? Yea, I will. I shoved her real hard. She fell to the floor. Oh man. This is to good. I started laughing at her.

Kelly' s Pov

I was laying on the floor. My food had fallen all over my shirt. The whole cafeteria burst out laughing. One by one, they came. I couldn't stop them. Tears came streaming down my face. What did I ever do to deserve this? I looked up at Tommy. He was looking at me, laughing so damn hard. I felt like clawing his eyes out. I slowly got up, my heart beating faster and faster.

"Why ,why, d-do you h-hate me so mu-much?" I stuttered, in between sobs. I couldn't control myself. My shoulders were heaving up and down. Tommy suddenly stopped laughing. He just stared at me, not moving. He didn't say anything. Everyone stopped laughing, waiting for him to say something.

"Why?" I sobbed.

I felt like I was dying. I was gasping for air. I had enough. Why was he so mean?

"Kelly don't act like you didn't know this was coming?" Tommy calmly said.

I was surprised. He wasn't giving me his dirty smirk or snickering at me. He just stood there, without any emotion.

"Your a monster! A fucken devil! I hate you!" I yelled, right in his face. Then, I ran out of the cafeteria as fast as I could. I ran all the way to the bathroom. I ran to the sink and looked in the mirror. Then I started going crazy. I need a razor. Where's my razor? Razor. Razor. I tried fighting the urge, but I couldn't. I needed my razor and I didn't have it. WTF! This world was good for nothing. I walked into the nearest stall and collapsed on the floor. I started crying all over again. Loud sobs. I seriously needed help. I couldn't stop myself from crying. I was pretty sure my loud sobs were echoing through the hallways. Anyone walking in the girls bathroom hallway wouldn't hear anything but a sad, depressed, and lonely girl crying for help.

Rick's Pov

Wtf was wrong with Tommy? He had seriously pushed it. He went way over the limit. I didn't care if he was my brother, but I was gonna talk to him. The cafeteria was quiet, still shocked at what had just happened. I walked right up to him.

"Tommy!" I growled, " What is wrong with you?"

Everyone started staring at me now. Kevin smirked. That asshole really did have a black heart. Ray ray blinked. Luis raised an eyebrow. Brian and Penny exchanged glances. Tommy just opened his mouth.

"What?" he asked, a smile slowly appearing on his face. " If I wasn't mistaken, It would seem like you have feelings for Kelly,"

What! No way. Did I have feelings for Kelly?

"Huh?" I said," I'm only saying that because, I well,"

My voice suddenly trailed off. Shit! How was I going to say I felt sorry for her in front of everyone. I would seem weak. Tommy was glaring at me.

"You what?! " He barked. " What's gotten into you Rick?"

What had gotten into me? Since when did I care so much for Kelly.

"I feel bad for her," I whispered," She never did anything to you,"

I felt like a little child. I was looking down at the floor. Damn it! There I said it. I felt sorry for her. Was there anything wrong with that? Tommy' s hard expression softened.

"Rick, just shut up, OK" He said, shaking his head.

"No! You know what you did was wrong!" I yelled at him. Damn him. He was not getting off that easily.

Tommy' s Pov

Actually, Rick's words were making sense to me. I was kind of feeling bad for Kelly. Kind of.

"You know what Rick, you're right. I was wrong. I went a little to hard on Kelly. " I said.

I knew what I had to do.

"Thanks little brother," I whispered, walking out. I knew everyone was staring at me like I had two heads. Whatever. I was walking in the halls, then I stopped when I heard something. Crying. It was coming from the girl's bathroom. I sighed, since I knew who it was. I inched my way towards the door. I slowly opened it and walked in. I walked to the last stall and opened it. There she was, Kelly, crying her eyes out. I suddenly felt bad because I knew it was my fault she was crying.

"Hey, " I whispered, "You okay?"

Kelly looked up. Her eyes were bloodshot. It looked like she hadn't slept in days.

"What do you want," She cried, still sobbing.

"Hey, stop crying," I softly said. " I just wanted to say, I'm sorry."

"What do you care?" She asked.

She looked so miserable. I really had to fix things.

Kelly' s Pov

I didn't understand what was going on. What was Tommy doing here, apologizing to me? I must be dreaming. It kind of scared me. He was actually being nice to me. Tommy hesitated for a second. Maybe someone had dared him to say sorry to me? Yea, definitely. Then later, he would go back to his boys and start laughing at me. That made more tears fall down my eyes. Tommy saw this and frowned.

"Kelly, stop crying," Tommy whispered," I'll stop hurting you,"

Was he serious? No way!

"Really?" I asked, looking up.

He smiled. Oh my god. His smile was beautiful when it wasn't a cruel one.

"Yea, " He laughed," You know, I'm not a complete devil,"

I smiled back. He wasn't a complete devil. He did have some good left in him. Right?

"Hey, Tommy, why are you acting so nice to me?" I asked, wondering what had gotten into him.

He looked surprised at the question. He smiled again.

"Because I felt really bad after I saw you crying," He said. " I hate it when chicks cry."

"Oh, well thanks," I said, stupidly. Maybe this wasn't a dare.

"Besides Kelly, I think your jaw looks pretty bad. I know it's my fault. I'm really sorry. " Tommy said. He looked so serious, like he actually meant it. Rick was right about him. Tommy wasn't as bad as I thought he was. He did have a heart.

"Yea, it swelled up," I whispered, suddenly uncomfortable. I could feel Tommy staring at me. "I need to get it checked out, but I don't know what to tell my grandmother."

"You know what Kelly, I really don't do this for just anybody, but your so different. I'll take you to the doctor since it's my fault. Tommy suggested. He was totally serious, no signs of laughter, or anything funny for that matter.

"Wait, what's so different about me?" I asked, curious.

"Well, your the only girl who's ever stood up to me," Tommy snickered. "I'm dead serious."

"Really?" I asked, with a smile.

"For real. That's what makes you so different. You say whatever you wanna say, you don't hold back," Tommy said.

"Apparently, you don't either," I stated, thinking about what he'd done to me.

"Yea, I can't help myself. I'm sorry, but what do you say about my offer?" He asked.

"Oh, yea, I guess. It'll save me a lot of trouble." I mumbled, almost forgetting about his offer to take me to the doctor.

"Perfect," He said, curling his to-die-for lips into a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Nine is finally out. :) Enjoy!