Why is loving him so hard?

What's gotten into him?

Kelly' s Pov

"Come on, we better get to class, lunch is just about over," Tommy said.

I looked up at him. I really didn't want to get up.

"Can you share your book with me this time?" I asked, hesitating. " I keep forgetting to buy one."

"Yea, why not," Tommy laughed, giving me his hand so I could get up. I reached for it and heaved myself up.

"Thanks," I whispered. This day was honestly to weird. Here I was, with Tommy. Who would have ever thought me and Tommy would become friends. Were we friends? Nah, we weren't. Tommy was just being nice to me because he felt bad for me. When we walked out of the bathroom, the bell rang. Everyone walked out of their classrooms like ants. All the people who'd just walked out of the cafeteria, looked in my direction. They either pointed, laughed, or stared. Some girls were even giving me the evil eye. What is wrong with them? As Tommy and I were making our way up the stairs, Kevin came.

"Hey, what's going on here?" Kevin asked, with a devilish smirk. He looked at me with deep intensity. He was looking me up and down. I felt like vomiting.

"Nothing, Kevin. We're just talking," Tommy laughed.

Oh my god. Was he going to go back to being an asshole with me just because Kevin was here?

"Really, about what?" Kevin said, eying me suspiciously. "I can jus-"

"Actually, Kevin," Tommy cut in, " I'm taking Kelly to the doctor today for her jaw. So, when the bus stops, Kelly' s coming to my house and you guys can go do whatever."

Tommy looked at me after he finished talking. I looked at him, surprised. When did I say I was going to his house? Was he going to take me in his car? Probably. Luis stared at Tommy like he had some serious problems.

"Whaaaaaat?" He asked very slowly. " I thought you guys fucking hated each other."

"Not anymore, Kevin, not anymore," Tommy said. "Now come on, we're gonna be late,"

Tommy gave me a quick shove and walked inside the classroom. I walked in to. Everyone was staring at me awkwardly after what had happened in the cafeteria. I didn't blame them. I had acted like a total freak. I quietly made my way to the back and sat next to Tommy. The teacher looked at me for a second, then turned away. What was that all about? Hmm.

"Hey," Tommy whispered in my ear, startling me. "Move your seat closer to mine. I'm gonna share my book with you, remember?"

I looked at him, smiled, and did what he said. The teacher told us to flip to page 166. I looked at Tommy. He didn't move. I was staring at him for what seemed like eternity, until finally, he looked back.

"Umm, Kelly, can I help you?" He asked, innocently. Why was he so weird?

"Well aren't you gonna open the book. If I remember correctly, you told me to never touch your book." I slowly said, suddenly hating him.

Tommy looked at me, then placed his big hand over mine. He looked straight into my eyes. OK, forget what I said about hating him. I couldn't help but blush? No. No. No. Did I just blush? This is so embarrassing. Wait, he was the one with his hand over mine.

"Sorry about that. I can be an asshole sometimes. Actually, most of the time," He whispered. " Oh, and BTW, you can touch my book whenever you want,"

With that, he squeezed my hand and let go. Oh my god. He leaves me breathless. I turned away from him, shuddering at the feelings that were flowing through me. Why was I feeling like this towards Tommy. This was crazy. He made me feel so... Finally the bell rang. I rushed out of there, afraid. Afraid of what exactly, I don't know.

As I was walking to my gym class, I could hear screaming. The voices were so familiar. A boy and a girl. I walked closer. I could hear the voices clearly now. It was Brian and Penny. I stood by the end of the hallway, not daring to turn the corner. I stood there and listened.

"Please, Brian, Please," Penny said. I could tell she was crying.

"No, first tell my why. Why?!" Brian yelled. I froze. Was he hitting her? No way. He couldn't. Not here.

"I swear to god Brian, he kissed me, please let me come home," Penny begged.

What! He wouldn't let her go home! What was wrong with him?

"No, you can't come home. Sorry, I don't like whores in my house," Brian hissed.

Wait, what?

"Please, you know I have nowhere else to live," Penny cried.

Oh my god. She lived with him. What had happened to her family? What about Brian. He lived alone? That was what Penny was hiding. She was only with Brian because she lived with him. Why though?

"Penny, if I got my own crib, then so can you," Brian sneered.

"No, no I can't. I don't have money like you. When your parents died, they left you all their money, When my parents died, they left me nothing. You know that." Penny sobbed.

"No, Penny, I won't let you come home, not yet." Brian said, then walked down the hall. I could hear his footsteps fading away. The only sound left in the hallway was Penny's loud sobbing. I turned the corner and saw Penny leaning against the wall, with her hands buried in her face. I slowly walked up to her and put my hand on her back. She looked up, startled.

"It's OK, Penny," I whispered.

"I, I don't know w-what I'm going to do." Penny cried." Please, help me Kelly. Help me."

I thought about Penny's situation, wondering if my grandma would let her stay at my house for a little while. I could say she was having a lot of problems at home right now. Yea, that would work.

"Don't worry Penny, I'm gonna help you," I said.

Penny stopped crying for a second and looked at me.

"Really," She said, not believing me. "How?"

"I'll just tell my grandma you're having trouble at home or something. Trust me, I'll help you get through this. I just have some business to take care of after school, though. So, give me your number, and I'll call you, telling you when you can bring your things and come over," I said, smiling.

"Oh, thank you, thank you so much. I'll just stay at Becky's until l you call me." Penny stated.

Who's Becky? Another cheerleader? Whatever. If Penny was so popular, then why didn't she have anyone to stay with. Well , I guess cheerleaders are all bitches. The bell suddenly rang. Wow! I had been in the hallway for 45 minutes. I missed the whole gym class. Oh shit. That would count as a cut.

"I'll go catch up with Becky right now," Penny said smiling.

She then waved goodbye and left. I wondered why such a nice girl like Penny had such a shitty life. Poor girl. Me and her are the same. Parent less. Apparently, Brian too. Wait, when did Brian's parents die. Maybe that was why he became mean and hard as rock. I shook away my thoughts and made my way outside, to the bus. Once I got to the bus , I walked to the back, as usual, but to my surprise, Sue wasn't there. She was usually there way before me. Tommy walked on next with his boys. Kevin gave me the dirtiest look imaginable. OK. What's his problem? Brian looked happy. What a dick! The bus started moving and Sue never came. How weird?

"So, what are we doing today?" Ray ray asked.

"Idk, ask Mr. Precious over there," Kevin snickered.

What an ass.

"Yo, shut the fuck up," Tommy sneered." I got some stuff to do after school, so you guys can go do whatever,"

"We don't ask for your permission to hang out BTW. We can do whatever we want. Got it, Pretty boy?" Kevin said, his tone ice cold.

"Watch your fucking mouth. Stop getting fresh with me. You know better, fool." Tommy hissed.

"Whatever. What are you doing after school that's so important? Huh? " Kevin asked snickering, knowing the answer.

I could just imagine what was going through Tommy' s head right now. He was probably thinking "Fuck Kelly".

"Yea, Tommy, what are you doing that's so important?" Brian mumbled.

What was his deal? One minute ago, he looked so happy, now he sounds like he's dead. Maybe he was thinking of taking Penny back in. Just then the bus stopped in front of my house. I froze. What was I supposed to do? I was supposed to go to Tommy' s house, that is, if he didn't change his mind. I took a deep breath and turned around, to face Tommy.

"Umm, Tommy," I hesitantly said. " Aren't I supposed too..."

"Yea, you are. Don't worry about it," Tommy calmly said. Then he turned his attention to the bus driver. " Fred, keep driving. She's coming to my house."

All of a sudden, the whole bus looked back at Tommy, including his boys. Everyone started whispering at once.

"Omg, she's totally fucking him," I heard a blond whisper.

Tommy looked amused at that. He started laughing.

"No, we're not sleeping together, Chelsea," He said.

"Yo, tell me what the hell is going on?" Luis asked, confused. " Since when are you nice to Kelly?"

"Since today," Tommy laughed. Then he lowered his voice, but I could hear him perfectly, since I was sitting right in front of him. " I felt bad about, the whole, you know, jaw thing. I'm taking her to the doctor."

Everyone fell silent right after Tommy said that. I glanced back to see the expressions on the boy's faces. They were all staring at me, awkwardly. I quickly turned back around, my face, red as hell. Just then the bus stopped in front of Tommy' s house. Oh man. This day was going to be a lot longer than I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry. I know I've took a while to upload.