Why is loving him so hard?

What am I waiting for?

Rick’s Pov

I was making my way onto the bus, when I remembered something: I forgot to get Sidney’s number. I mean, if I was going to take her out on Friday, I was going to need her number. So, when I got on the bus, instead of walking to the back, I walked right up to where Sidney was sitting next to Claire. When Sidney saw me coming towards her, I swear to god, she practically jumped out of her seat. I let out a soft giggle. I looked around, and sure enough, everyone was staring at me, including my boys and Kelly.

“Hey, there sexy,” I said, speaking to Sidney.

Her face turned so red, she looked like she would burst any second. Was that from excitement or shyness or embarrassment? Chicks’ man, they’re so confusing. Then again, though, I didn’t do anything to embarrass her, so she must be excited to see me here. Hell, of course she is. I’m Rick Cruise. I’m Tommy’s fucken little brother. I’m like the fucken prince in this school, since obviously, we all know whose king.

“He-hey,” Sidney stammered. Is she always like this?

“So, I was thinking about our date, Right? Then I came to a conclusion, I don’t have your number. Now, how the fuck am I going to call you if I don’t have your number,” I laughed out loud.

I said that loud enough to turn almost every head on the bus. Every girl on the bus looked like she was literally going to pounce on Sidney.

“Oh, yeah. Of course. You’re totally right. Oh my gosh. How can I forget to give you my number,” Sidney babbled. “It’s 97—“

I pressed my fingers lightly over her lips, motioning for her to be quiet. She was obviously nervous around me. I couldn’t blame her though. I was absolutely gorgeous.

“Hey, hey. Calm down. I want to give you my number,” I smirked.

“Oh, oh. Really? Well, ok,” Sidney gushed.

Was she always this cute? Why didn’t I ever recognize those cute dimples of hers? I took Sidney’s phone out of her open palm and I put my number into her phone. I was snickering the whole time, because as I did this, I could hear every girl on the bus instantly call Sidney a slut. Poor Sidney. I guess that was the price you paid if you wanted to go out with prince charming. I handed Sidney’s phone back to her. She grabbed it from me with shaky hands. It was time to make these girls really jealous.

“Call me on Friday,” I said, winking at Sidney. “You know where to reach me,”

At this point, some girls were even starting to bite their fingernails. To make this even more fun than it already was, I gently grabbed Sidney’s shaking hands and placed them in my large hands.

“I’m sure those are just pre-date jitters,” I said, grazing her cheek with my finger.

I had to stop right there though, because if I continued, I swear to god, Sidney would have fainted. Not only that, but if she had fainted, the girls on the bus would obviously attack her like a bunch of lions. They were staring at her right now, like they were a bunch of crazed, wild predators, getting ready to pounce on their prey any second. I winked at Sidney and left after that. I made my way to the back of the bus, with every girl’s eyes burning a hole through my chest. As I was walking down, there were only one girl’s eyes that caught my attention. When our eyes met, she shook her head and turned it away.

Kelly’s Pov

I was so angry right now; I didn’t know what to feel. I didn’t know if I should be happy for Sidney or just plain sad for myself. I lowered my head and closed my eyes. My heart was beating so rapidly, I thought someone would hear it, even though that was not possible. I put my hands over my aching heart, as if that would stop my speedy heart beat. Why had Rick turned on me all of a sudden? He was always so sweet to me? I had liked him so much, and I had thought he’d liked me. Maybe Tommy had said something to him. Speaking of Tommy, I didn’t know if I liked him. There wasn’t much to say about Tommy. I mean, Tommy was, well, Tommy. Besides, a girl like me never had a chance with Rick. Who would have thought Rick liked Sidney? I wondered where he was taking her on Friday. I shook that thought away. I was suddenly very upset, because every time I let my thoughts wander, they always came back to Rick. It was obvious which brother I liked. I let out a soft sigh. My thoughts were suddenly interrupted when I heard a voice. I looked up. It was Sue. She was totally oblivious to my crush on Rick.

“Are you ok? You look pale,” Sue asked, sweetly.

“Yea, yea. I’m fine. Just a little tired that’s all,” I lied, lifting my head up, and giving Sue a little smile.

“Ok, good, because honestly, Kelly, I don’t know what I would do without you,” Sue said.

“Yea, same here Sue. You’re seriously the only person in this school I can confide in,” I whispered.

“Yea, you to,” Sue whispered turning her head away.

We were quiet the rest of the bus ride. There was nothing to really talk about. Deep down inside I wished there was nothing to talk about, because I knew what I wanted to talk about. I wanted to talk about Rick. I wanted to tell Sue how much I actually liked him. I wanted to talk about Sidney. I wanted to talk about where they could possibly be going on Friday. I wanted to talk about good he looked. I wanted to talk about what he would be wearing on their date. I wanted to talk about his hair. Would he have his hair flat down, or spiked? What would Sidney be wearing? I wanted to talk about how Sidney was such a conniving skank. I wanted to talk about what a good friend she was. I wanted to talk about what I was feeling. I wanted to talk about the big hollow pit in my heart. Of course, this big scar on my heart was not from Rick. It was from how lovesick I was over Brian. Maybe the reason I was so crushed over this one little date, was because I was hoping to fall in love with someone, so it could wash away the pain from my aching heart; my lonely, scared and damaged heart. The truth was I was still madly in love with Brian. Every look he gave me, would feel like hell. Even though I tried to resist, the pain would find its way into my heart. The thing I wanted to talk most about though was my parents. I wanted to be able to sit anyone down and have an hour long conversation about them. I wanted to talk about how much I loved my mother and father. I wanted to talk about how much I knew they loved me. I wanted to talk about how much I missed them. I just wanted someone to listen. I let out a little whimper and closed my eyes again. I was going crazy.

Tommy’s Pov

I too was shocked at what had just happened. Who knew? Rick liked Sidney. Hmm. Wasn’t she Kelly’s friend or something. I know Kelly sat with her at lunch all the time. Rick was looking through his phone, smiling to himself. My boys were all saying some gay jokes and laughing. I tapped Rick on the shoulder.

“Hey, man. I didn’t know you liked Sidney. You never told me,” I said.

“Yea well, I don’t have to tell you everything,” Rick sneered, looking up at me.

“Ight, ight, calm the fuck down,” I barked.

“Yea, whatever. BIG brother!!” Rick practically shouted.

The bus stopped at Kelly’s house at that moment. The whole bus got quiet as she got up. For some reason, girls were feeling threatened by Kelly these days. I knew exactly why though. It was because she was hanging out with me. Kelly slowly walked down the bus isle, when Jessica got up and pushed her from behind. That took Kelly by surprise, making her fall straight on her knees. Her books were scattered all over the floor. She got up angrily. Kelly looked like a raging bull. Steam could have been coming out of her ears, she was so angry. She charged Jessica with one of the strongest shoves I’d ever seen a girl give. I was surprised. Little virgin Kelly actually wasn’t so innocent after all. After the “man” shove Kelly’d just given Jessica, Jessica was on the floor, with her hair all over her face. I started laughing. Seeing Jessica liked this was such a funny sight. Luis let out a little snicker too. Jessica heard this and turned around, shooting Luis and me death glares. To make her even more pissed I shouted a compliment, appraising Kelly on her good work.

“Good job Kelly! Push her again,” I shouted, snickering as the whole bus cracked up.

The bus driver, Fred, was obviously getting irritated.

“Tommy, shut your trap! Hey Blondie, you gettin’ off or what?” Fred shouted.

Kelly snickered and she got off the bus. Jessica got up angrily and sat back down.

“Hey, Tommy. Isn’t that the girl you slept with the other day?” Brian asked me, motioning his head towards Jessica.

“Yep, yea that’s her,” I chuckled.

“Ight that’s what’s up,” Luis snickered. “But you know what’s even more “what’s up” Tommy,”

“What could it possibly be?” Iasked, knowing for sure Luis’s answer would amuse me.

“Sleeping with Kelly,” Luis whispered. “Don’t tell me you guys haven’t done it yet,”

“No, we didn’t” I answered him.

“Then what the hell are you waiting for?” Luis asked.

Luis’s answer sure did amuse me. What the hell was I waiting for?
♠ ♠ ♠
Took a while. enjoy :D