Why is loving him so hard?

Cinderella

Kelly’ s Pov

I tried lifting up my arms but they felt heavy. I tried lifting my head up, but it felt like it weighed a million pounds. Even my fingers ached. My eyelids felt to heavy to open. I heard voices.

“Like I said, she’s fine. She’ll probably have a hangover. That’s about all.”

This voice sounded familiar. Was it Tommy? Wait, what! Tommy? What would Tommy be doing in my house? Why would my grandma let Tommy in? I heard footsteps walk into my room. Then , someone else followed in after. I heard another voice.

“Hey man, how is she?”

This was another guy. I couldn’t make out his voice. Hold up, maybe the other guy I’d thought was Tommy wasn’t. My head was starting to hurt even more than it was already. Was I even in my house? Who were these guys? Someone touched my hand all of a sudden. He was leaning in close, I could tell, because I could feel his hot breath near my face.

“Kelly,” He whispered. “ Can you hear me,”

I wanted to open my heavy eyelids and tell him yes, but my head was throbbing and I felt to tired to speak.

“Listen, if you can hear me. I just want you to know, which you probably already figured out by now, this is Tommy,” He said.

I kind of had figured that out, but the other voice, who was that. First of all, why was Tommy even in my house?

“Kelly, I know you’re probably wondering what the hell you’re doing here, I mean,” Tommy stopped what he was saying then continued, “ You know, in my house,”

What?! I was in Tommy’ s house. Why wasn’t I at Sidney’ s where I was supposed to be. How did I get here? The last thing I remembered was… What was the last thing I remembered? Kelly, don’t panic. Don’t panic. Did me and Tommy…

“Tommy,” I whispered, opening my eyes up slowly.

I looked around and I sure as hell wasn’t in my bedroom. Tommy was staring at me, searching my face for any hints as to what was going through my mind right now.

“Kelly, how are you feeling? Are you alright?” Tommy immediately asked.

“I’m fine, I just, I have one question. Tommy, did you, by any chance…” I said, turning my head away, not being able to finish my sentence.

“By any chance what?” Tommy asked softly, turning my face so I could face him.

“Did you…take advantage of me last night?” I whispered so lightly I could barely hear myself.

“What? Kelly, do you think I have no heart at all?” Tommy said incredulously, gazing at me intensely.

“I, I don’t know. I honestly don’t,” I mumbled, closing my eyes.

“Kelly, I took care of you last night. If I had no heart at all, I would have let Kevin take you upstairs and do whatever the hell he was going to do with you,” Tommy stated.

“Oh,” I said foolishly.

“Yeah, “oh” is all you can say. You know Kelly, a “thank you Tommy for making sure I was alright” would have been nice,” Tommy muttered.

“Oh well, thank you Tommy for making sure I was fucking alright,” I said, furiously. “ First, you break my jaw, and now you’re protecting me,”

The muscles in Tommy’s arms bulged out. He gritted his teeth and closed his eyes. He looked tense.

“You know Kelly, I am trying, so, so damn hard right now, to not yell at you,” Tommy said, through clenched teeth. “ I was trying to be nice to you, but you--”

“Well try harder,” I snapped, cutting Tommy off.

Tommy looked taken aback at my rude outburst.

“Wow, and here I thought you were a nice girl,” Tommy sneered. “ You know what Kelly, you’re worse than those hoes I fuck around with,”

“Excuse me, I am not a slut!” I yelled, raising my voice for the first time.

“That’s not what I meant,” Tommy murmured.

“What? What did you say?”

“I said, that’s not what I meant,” Tommy hissed. “ Kelly, I meant you’re bitchier and snobbier than those chics. Alright, calm down, I know you’re a virgin so I wouldn’t ever call you a whore,”

What? How did he know I was a virgin? I never told him, did I?

“Tommy, what are you, some kind of fuckin stalker?” I asked, irritated. “ I know I told you some personal things, like when my parents died, but I know I never told you that,”

Just then, Rick walked in. By now, I was sitting up in bed.

“What’s going on here. Are you guys fighting?” Rick asked, walking into the room.

“No, no we’re not. Everything’s fine,” Tommy said.

“Actually, no every thing is not alright,” I said to Rick, then I turned my attention toward Tommy. “ Tommy, how did you know that. I never told anyone that, not even Sue,”

“Oh, Kelly, you did,” Tommy said.

“Tommy, no I didn’t. Don’t tell me what I already know,” I argued.

“Listen, alright. I am not a damn stalker. In case you forgot, I’m the most popular guy at school, so I have better things to do then stalk your pathetic life,” Tommy replied coldly. “ Oh yea, and FYI, you did tell someone you weren't a virgin,”

Tommy’s Pov.

Rick was just standing there, listening to our argument. So Kelly thought I was a stalker. Ha! Please, I had much better things to do then stalker her damn life.

“If you’re feeling better, you can leave now,” I said coldly, then walked out.

Who did she think she was, insulting me in my own house. That was just straight up rude. I walked outside and sat down on the porch steps. I tried to do something nice for Kelly, and she wasn't even grateful that I'd saved her ass last night. My cell phone started ringing. I looked at the caller id and it said, Kevin.

"Yo, what's up," I talked into the phone.

"I don't know, you tell me," Kevin laughed into the phone.

Was he talking about Kelly, because if he thought anything happened between me and Kelly last night, boy was he wrong.

"What, you mean with Kelly?" I asked.

"Who else, my mom?" Kevin said sarcastically. "Yea man. Kelly,"

"Well, sleeping beauty has finally awoken and she's acting like a real bitch," I sneered into the phone.

"Did you tell her nothing went on last night. Maybe she thinks--"

"No, no. She knows. I told her I took great care of her. I don't know what's wrong with her," I said, cutting Kevin off.

"Is she still at your house?" Kevin asked.

Right when Kevin asked that, Kelly walked out of the house.

"I have to go. She just stepped out," I said, not caring if Kelly heard me.

"So you were talking about me," Kelly stated, instead of asking.

I hung up the phone and turned my attention toward Kelly.

"Yea. So what if I was. What're you going to do about it?" I questioned her.

"I'm sure you've heard this a thousand times, so one more time is not going to kill you," Kelly said with a fake smile. " You're a real asshole,"

"Yea, and you remind me of a real bitchy Cinderella," I snapped.

From the look on Kelly's face, I knew that remark hurt her a lot. Of course it did, I intended it to hurt. Kelly was obviously hurt because just like Cinderella, she had no parents. Kelly lowered her head.

"Tommy, when I told you that, it took a lot of my strength to say that. I didn't expect for you to use it as a weapon for when you got mad at me, " Kelly whispered so faintly, I barely heard her.

After saying that, she hurried off my porch. I watched her walk off. No way was I going to go comfort her, not after the way she'd acted earlier. Besides, Cinderella did live happily ever after.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, I know that took a freaken decade, but it's out. :D