Why is loving him so hard?

Deceased

Kelly’s Pov

I looked in the mirror one more time. I looked so blech today. I scanned over my outfit. I was wearing black pants with a white button up sweater. My outfit looked really cute but I, on the hand, looked really tired. I was spinning around once more, when I heard the bus arrive. I skipped downstairs.

“Bye Grandma! I love you!” I called out, as I ran out the door.

I got onto the bus, just as usual, and walked over to Sue. She waved to me.

“Hi Sue. What’s up?” I asked her cheerfully.

“Not much. Hey, cute outfit,” Sue said.

“Thanks. Too bad I look really bad today,” I sighed. “I look like I’m on crack today,”

“No you don’t. You look really pretty, just like you always do,” Sue giggled.

Me and Sue kept chatting about random things, when all of a sudden everyone instantly broke out in whispers. I looked around, just as the bus started moving. It was then I realized what caused the commotion. I turned around, and sure enough, none of the boy’s in Tommy’s Crew were there. Not even one of them. None of their beautiful faces were there. Not even the manly scent of their cologne. For some reason, without them here, it just felt so…depressing.

“Wow. That’s so weird,” Sue uttered. “I don’t think they’ve ever all been absent at the same time. I mean, not unless we knew they were going to be out,”

“Yeah, well, weird things happen everyday,” I said, upset because I’d wanted to say Rick or Tommy today.

Wait, did I just think that. Note to self: Don’t ever, ever, ever, ever, fall for Tommy or Rick. It will just hurt in the end. Where were they anyway? Tommy had even asked me if I was going to be absent again, which obviously meant he was supposed to be here. Even Rick had said, “Bye, see you tomorrow,” So then, why the hell weren’t they here?

Tommy’s Pov

I couldn’t believe we were sitting here right now, all mourning over the death of Kevin and Ray ray Brigg’s mother. He had passed away last night and it was the scariest thing ever when Kevin called me on the phone crying. I’d never in my life seen Kevin even shed a tear. And I’d known him for practically my whole life. And here he was, sitting down on my couch, with tears falling down his face. Ray ray on the other hand was to angry to even cry. I’d seen Ray ray cry before though, only once. Ray ray was sitting down, motionless, looking like a zombie. All my other boys were there to and we were all really sad. None of us knew what the right thing to say was. When Brian’s parent’s died last year, he’d turned into a complete monster. Brian was the last one who’d joined our crew, about two years ago. Before his parents passed away, Brian was just about the nicest guy around. We’d always tease him for being the soft guy. That had obviously changed, because now he was as cold as ice. So what would happen to Kevin and Ray ray now? Well, Kevin and Ray ray weren’t exactly nice to begin with. They also weren’t devils though.

“I think I’m gonna go home now. My father’s probably got all his anger out,” Kevin mumbled, getting up.

He walked to the door slowly, then turned his head around.

“Ray ray, you coming or what?” Kevin whispered, his shoulders slumping.

It was as if Ray ray was in a trance, because right when Kevin spoke to him, he snapped out of it. His head suddenly shot up, and he looked around. Then, he got up, and walked out the door. Kevin followed him quietly, and they shut the door behind them. I think we were all to surprised to say anything.

“Wow,” Rick said, breaking the silence. “Poor guys really sad,”

“Just let him cry all he wants,” Brian said knowingly. “Trust me, when my parents died, I didn’t want to talk to anyone and that’s what made me who I am today,”

We all looked at each other and nodded our heads in agreement. None of us was going to bring up that subject.

Kelly’s Pov

It really was weird, being at school, not seeing any of the boys in Tommy’s Crew at school. It just seemed so dead and boring without them for some reason. Of course, no one sat at their table besides the cheerleaders and some of the jocks. The lunchroom was awfully quiet and it scared me a bit. People were all chattering like always, just a little lower as usual though. It really was weird. Maybe I should give Tommy a call and see where they all are. Maybe they’d all went out somewhere. I took out my phone and started looking for Tommy’s number in my phonebook. I finally found it and hit dial. He didn’t pick up. It went straight to voicemail. I tried calling him again. Voicemail again. I didn’t even bother leaving him a message.

“Sidney, don’t you think it’s so weird, not seeing any of them?” I asked her, motioning towards Tommy’s table.

“Eh. Kinda. But it’s way more peaceful. I like it better though. We should have more days like this,” Sidney muttered.

“Sid. Are you ok? You sound really…angry,” I asked her.

“Nothing. It’s just that yesterday Rick came up to me and told me sorry. He wanted to know if I would forgive him. I said no. I told him to go have a nice life,” Sidney murmured.

“Oh. Well good for you,” I said, giving her a little smile. “He’s a jerk. He doesn’t deserve your forgiveness”

Here I was, the biggest hypocrite ever. I actually had the nerve to tell her he was a jerk, even though I wanted to still talk to him. Then it hit me. Why didn’t I try calling Rick if Tommy wasn’t picking up.

“Well, it really is different without them. That’s for sure,” Claire stated her opinion.

“Hey guys, I gotta use the bathroom real quick. I’ll be back in a few,” I lied, getting up.

I walked to the bathroom and took out my cell phone. What I really was doing was calling Rick. I needed to know why none of them were at school today. Rick picked up surprisingly.

“Hey Kelly,” Rick said. “What’s up?”

He sounded so glum.

“Um hey. Nothing really. I was just wondering. What’s up with you?” I asked, not really wanting to pry in his business.

“Listen. Right now is not really a good time. Can you call me back some time else?” Rick asked.

“Wait. Rick. Can you just let me know what is going on?” I asked desperately.

“Kevin and Ray ray’s mother died,” Rick said, and hung up.

I gasped and my phone fell out of my hand. I could really relate to how Kevin and Ray ray were probably going through right now. I remembered back to when my parents died. I picked up my phone with a lump in my throat. I sucked in a deep breath and walked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
So srry forr that looooong wait . That's why I'm rewarding you guys with three chapters . :)