Status: Active but REALLY slow updates

You Won't Admit It, But You're Just Like Me

A Reflection Of Royalty

Charlotte strolled out of the black gates of her high school, soaking up the blinding sunlight. Her silver Dior heels clicked lightly on the pavement as she scanned the rows of cars; although they were all practically identical – new, black, shiny 4x4’s – hers stood out from the crowd. It was a Porsche Cayenne GTS in a stunning blood red, the caramel leather inside still smelt sweet and fresh; through the tinted glass Charlotte could see the silhouette of her dad behind the wheel. While she was walking towards the car she waved to her posse before blowing a couple of kisses to some of the guys walking past her: all of them practically dropping to the floor in a pool of their own drool. She quietly laughed to herself, surprised that they still fell for her usual games; Charlotte tugged the door of the car open and hoisted herself into the passenger seat, once comfortable she turned and flashed a dazzling smile at her dad.

“Hi Daddy.”

Daniel smiled at his daughter, his lightly tanned skin creasing slightly around his smoky blue eyes; he barely noticed how much his daughter had grown up over the last couple of months until he looked at her sat facing him in their car, the change brought back memories of her several years ago – that to him felt like 5 minutes ago.

“Hello Princess, nice day in school?”

Charlotte smiled again and briskly nodded before going into great detail about her lessons and all the new gossip she had heard. She had always loved the closeness she shared with her dad, because it had always just been the two of them it had always been him that Charlotte had turned to in times of crisis. However, there were occasions when she did think about her mum; what did she do? What she was like? But it seemed like her mum was a sensitive subject with her dad since he had never mentioned her to Charlotte, so she never pressed him for information in case it ever hit a nerve. For the entire journey home she sat in complete silence – deep in thought about her other parent; looking over at her dad she obviously knew she hadn’t got her hair and eye colour from him as his eyes were a greyish blue colour and his hair was a slightly greyed chestnut brown, a couple of his features she did have; such as his narrow nose and thin top lip.

Charlotte continued to look at him, parting her lips slightly – her questions hanging on the end of her tongue, but she quickly sucked them back when she noticed that they had reached the top of their winding drive and were pulling up to the front door of their glass fronted house; one that was totally unique as it had been her dad that created the design for it almost five years ago. White painted and glass, the building was inspired heavily by geometric shapes and sharp lines and it had taken three years to finish the design to her dad’s detailed specification. After climbing out of the car she clicked to the door and let herself in, stepping over the San Fran Local – a local newspaper posted around their area of San Francisco – she was about to walk through into the kitchen when she noticed the front page headline:

‘Local Architect to Build It Big In England’

Below the headline was a large photo of her dad stood in front of their house while it was mid-construction. Charlotte’s jaw dropped as her eyes scanned over the article, particularly the part that mentioned that the contract had been confirmed just over a week ago. When her dad walked in his eyes first took in the expression on his daughter’s face, then noticed the paper she was holding in her hands; guilt forced his eyes to drop to the floor.

“England?”

Daniel looked up at the sound of the whisper that had escaped Charlotte’s lips but could only nod in reply, her eyes welled with tears and he felt his heart shatter with self hatred – he wished he had told her as soon as the offer had been placed on his desk instead of keeping her in the dark, now she’d found out in the worst way and he had to face the consequences: a betrayed daughter.

“Charlotte I’m so sorry. I never meant to keep all this hidden from you, I only did it because I know how much you love your life here and I didn’t know how well you’d take the news.”

A look of understanding washed over Charlotte’s face as she processed what she had read and what her dad had just said to her, by now her eyes had dried but her emotions were still running high – the only way she could think of to combat this was to hold her arms out to Daniel, who quickly responded by pulling her tiny frame close to his chest and hugging her – just as he had done so many times while she was a child; the most memorable occasion was Charlotte’s first day of playgroup in America when another child had taken her favourite teddy bear and she had gone running to him when he came to pick her up, crying her heart out – it destroyed him that much he instantly went inside to retrieve the bear, which took a great deal of effort, for her. After that incident Daniel had to find Charlotte a new playgroup.

“When do we leave and where are we going?”

Daniel jumped out of his memories and looked down onto his daughters pale blonde curls, doing so reminded him of her mother as it was from her that Charlotte had inherited her hair colour, and her eyes she had gotten from Laura’s sister.

“We leave in two weeks and we’re moving to Sheffield, in the North.”

Charlotte looked up, her eyes a mix of confusion and fear,

“Sheffield? But that’s not the capital – how am I supposed to get all my labels?”

He smiled at his daughter’s pettiness and simply hugged her tighter.

“Don’t worry about that Princess, we’ll just have to get it delivered won’t we.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's Chapter 3 :3
But from now on I'm refusing to update ANY of my stories until I get a decent amount of feedback.
Her Unknown Lover is doing ok at the moment - so that might be the first one I update, but I don't know.
So basically, if you want to see more chapters on any of my stories - you've got to comment my profile/my stories (:
Cause it's really off putting updating and then it just sitting there and never knowing what people think of my work.