Make A Name For Yourself

Chapter 10

Image

"Miss Adams time for sound check," A tall woman said coming into Fall Out Boy's dressing room.

"Okay," I said and then followed her.

Sound check went fine. I wasn't used to it since we haven't really played a show like we are now. Once I was done I went back to Fall Out Boy's room only to find that Brendon and Ryan were there in a complete awkward silence.

"Boys what's wrong?"

"Nothing," Brendon said quickly.

"Right?" I said and sat down on the floor in front of them on the couch. I watched as Ryan stared at the ground, not moving his eyes at all. Brendon was looking at me.
"So Brendon how are you today?"

"Good," We could hear one of the other opening bands start to play which meant the show was starting. Which also meant Forever And Ever was to play in 30 minutes. My stomach was in knots and I was dizzy.

"Lex we're on in five minutes." Shannon informed me making my stomach queasier. "You'll do fine."

I smiled, "Thanks."

I took deep breaths and tried to get the pressure out of my head. I shouldn't care what people think of us, because we have to be good or else Pete wouldn't have signed us. One performance won't kill us if I mess up. Anyways there are a lot of good bands that aren’t exactly good live, that made me feel better. By the time I convinced myself that everything would be fine we were up. The first very large crowd Forever And Ever would be performing in front of.
3. 2. 1.

"Hello San Francisco. How are you all doing tonight? We're Forever And Ever, and this is one of our songs called Love until Death!"

After 30 minutes we were done. I didn't screw up, and the crowd loved us!

"I told you, you wouldn't mess up" Brendon practically cheered.

"The crowd loved you!" Andy said giving me a hug.

"Thanks, It was so amazing."

"Ready to do it tomorrow in LA?" Spencer asked.

"I'm ready to do it for the rest of my life."

"Panic, you're up in five." The same tall woman from before said.

"Once you get used to the crowd thing. You should come and perform a song with us." Brendon whispered in my ear.

I smiled, "That sounds cool."

Brendon smiled and gave me a hug. He then left to go and tell Jon and Ryan their turn was up. Everyone else besides Fall Out Boy was leaving to go back to the buses.
"Lexi you coming?" Ingird asked being the last to leave.

"Nah. I'll stay here and watch the guys perform."

"Suit yourself." Ingrid smiled and then left.

"We're Panic! At The Disco, and we are ready to make you sweat!" I heard Brendon yell into the mic. I moved over to the side of the stage so I could see them all clearly. Jon played way better than Brent did, and you could tell everyone was giving it their all. Brendon's vocals were amazing. Once they were done they all exited the same side of the stage that I was on. They all we also equally sweaty.

"You guys were amazing!"

"You liked us?" Brendon asked.

"Of course, I wanna see you all perform again. Go back out there and perform." I laughed pointing to the stage.

"Ah thanks," Jon, Spencer, and Brendon said and hugged me tight.

"Ew, a whole bunch of sweaty boys are hugging me."

"You know you like it." Jon said and we all burst out laughing. After that I watched Fall Out Boy perform and they too were good. I headed outside to see a mod of people mostly girls screaming for Pete. It was quite odd really. I walked past the mob and went back to my bus. I got on and Brendon was the only one on.

"Where is everyone?"

"Half went out to eat; the other half went to meet some fans."

"I see."

"You should go out there. A whole bunch of guys were asking for you." Brendon winked.

"Oh lord. I don't want stalking fans now."

"Ha ha."

Ryan walked onto the bus looking like a complete wreck. Brendon and I looked at him before I decided to speak up.
"Ryan what’s wrong?"

"Nothing, why would anything be wrong?"

I sighed knowing this wouldn't be easy. "Ryan talk to me."

"What's there to talk about?" I got up and pulled Ryan to the bunks and shut the door.

"Ryan, I want us to be friends. I don't want us to completely ignore each other for the rest of the tour. I want it to be like it used to be before we got together. Ryan please let's just try that." I said saying everything I have wanted to say for the longest time.

"Why can't we be together again?" He asked hopefully.

"Ryan, I don't think we are a good couple. Better off as friends." He looked down, and I could tell he wasn't happy with that answer. "Please, I would rather be friends with you then nothing at all."

"Yeah, me too," He said looking up, tears rimming his eyes. I pulled him into a hug.

"Ryan don't be sad. You being sad is making me be sad."

"I wouldn't want you to be sad Lexi. I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"Making you sad."

"I will always be able to forgive you Ryan."